Loco Players, a game development studio from Spain, is working on Goner, a first-person survival horror title for PC. As of today, the Kickstarter campaign for the game is half-over, and the funding goal has been officially hit, but they’re not done yet. There are multiple stretch goals within reach now, like additional creatures, mod support, and a PS4/XBox One version.
You play as Anthony Sunder, a man looking for his missing mother. She and her expedition crew disappeared while exploring a remote island, and being the naive protagonist of a horror tale, you decide to travel to that very island to look for her with no help whatsoever.
This, naturally, was a bad idea. The lost island contains many deadly dangers including hostile members of an ancient civilization, man-hungry plants and, to top everything, meat-eating dinosaurs. To live through this, you have to learn to adapt…gather resources when not under attack and use them to fashion weaponry and armor. Take care that you don’t become what the title suggests.
- Self-manage your hunger, thirst, fatigue, temperature and health.
- Hunt, collect, cook, drink, rest or craft.
- Save your progress using a specific consumable in a safe room.
- Limited inventory capacity.
- Day and night cycles with sun and moon phases + weather system.
- Complex AI and behaviors.
- Camouflage your smell with mud or water.
- Two Game Modes: Survival and Story.
- Custom your appearance and defenses with self-made armor or clothes, building and setting traps.
- The island will be fill with natural dangers such as toxic gases, poisonous flora and fauna, lava or quicksand.
You can get a PC copy of the game when it’s completed for a $19 pledge — or, if you act early enough, you can grab one of the Early Bird tiers for a $16 pledge. Prizes at higher tiers include a digital artbook, the soundtrack, and your name in the credits.
The Kickstarter campaign for Goner will remain open until September 3. The game itself is estimated to be completed in the fall of 2021.