The latest indie game set to arrive on the Nintendo Switch is a rather distinctive golf game known as Golf Story. Developed by Sidebar Games, the title takes a more stylistic approach to the sport of golf, introducing role-playing elements to the genre. This manifests as having the sport mixed in with a town simulator like Stardew Valley.
The games official website describes the game as:
- Tee up anywhere! You’ll be surprised by how many problems can be solved by hitting a golf ball at them.
- Explore 8 unique environments, each with their own courses, towns, people and secrets.
- Play through a dramatic story with a diverse cast of characters.
- Upgrade your golfer by completing challenges, solving puzzles and buying new equipment.
- Round out your skill set with long driver tournaments, disc golf, mini golf and wee links. Then go beyond golf with extra challenges like races, mowing, drone flights and geocaching.