Yes, We ARE Getting The Genesis Mini 2

Staff member
A month ago Sega of Japan revealed they were working on a sequel to 2019’s Genesis Mini, or Mega Drive Mini as it was called everywhere else. The first Genny Mini was part of the “mini consoles” craze from late last decade that saw rise to the NES Mini, SNES Mini, Playstation Mini and any other kind of miniaturized retro console from the 80s or 90s you can think of (except the N64).
The market for such things eventually tapered off, so the question of if Sega would release the Genesis Mini 2 in the US was up in the air. Today, however…they answered that question with a yes. We get our own Genesis Mini 2, but only under limited conditions.
The Genny 2 will sold exclusively on Amazon, and only through Sega of Japan. That doesn’t mean it’s a recycled Japanese model. It’s one built specifically for America with its own exclusive lineup of games, and like the Mega Drive 2, it will include Sega CD stuff. 50 games will ultimately be revealed, but here are the first 23:

After Burner 2...

Continue reading...

Everything's coming up Milhouse!
I want a new Sega Console to but this could be the motivator they needed

Turbo power! Ha!
I still play my Saturn and my Dreamcast. Sad that Sega stopped making consoles and this is a consolation price because we are not getting anything new.