Administrator
Staff member
Once 8 have a subsequel, The debate whether Squall is dead or alive will finally be answered. No one ever thought Final Fantasy 4 will have subsequels but it did. It will be interesting to see an expansion of the Balamb Garden world.

A sub-sequel may ruin 8 though. I mean people who loves Final Fantasy 13 hated Lightning returns.

Once 8 have a subsequel, The debate whether Squall is dead or alive will finally be answered. No one ever thought Final Fantasy 4 will have subsequels but it did. It will be interesting to see an expansion of the Balamb Garden world.

A sub-sequel may ruin 8 though. I mean people who loves Final Fantasy 13 hated Lightning returns.
Good point

Administrator
Staff member
I didnt have a point, I am asking for opinions. It is kind of depressing getting responses from people who dont read the discussions. :(

A sequel for Final Fantasy 8 is going to look quite interesting. The reason is that many storyline that were not completed in story one would be made whole and the mystery surrounding the death or alive of Squall will be shown at the end.

Administrator
Staff member
10 ,4 and 13 have more complete stories yet they have sequels.. 8 have a mystery that caused fans to have multiple crazy theories. If 8 managed to have a sequel some fan theories will be debunked on a snap.

Hi everyone? Final Fantasy 8 was a game with style, subtlety, and surprisingly intricate character development, which could also result in characters who seem insufferable.

I thought Cloud was awesome and angsty ,but I can't wait to meet Squall.

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone? Final Fantasy 8 was a game with style, subtlety, and surprisingly intricate character development, which could also result in characters who seem insufferable.

I thought Cloud was awesome and angsty ,but I can't wait to meet Squall.
Squall is basically a loner and snobbish guy who is always quiet. His love interest Rinoa is a ball of fun and energy. The 2 of them is a great example of opposites attract.

I think Final Fantasy 8 sold a lot of copies- so yes they should make a sequel- and besides the love story with Squall and Rinoa is really fascinating to a lot of Final Fantasy fans as well.

Administrator
Staff member
For the fun of conspiracy theories sake, It will be fun if Squall is not the lead character. So his fate will remain a mystery on the first half of the game. We will have the revelation mid game where he can join the party if he is alive or he can be summoned as a ghost if he is dead.

I want to see what Selphie will be like if she is a bit older. She is the weakest character but she have the strongest finisher, so I want to see how strong she will be when she gets older.