Why the anniversary heroes likes to henshin into past heroes??

I think it is a celebration of the past Super Sentai series, plain and simple. By henshin into past sentais, the fans will get to see their favorite sentai characters making an appearance again, albeit by a member of the Gokaigers (hence the gender-bending). It will also introduce many new or young fans, who never watched the older sentai shows, to see them in action for the very first time.

I enjoy the whole transforming into old heroes. It's cool as long as they don't use the old powers more than their own. Like someone else said, it's a great way to introduce new fans to older heroes. One look at Captain Marvelous and Co kicking rear as Goranger, a young fan is going to want to know more about the original Goranger, although they may wonder why Yellow ain't a girl. If it gets Sentai more fans, more power to them.

Part of it I think might be the sort of wish-fulfillment of being able to henshin into whatever your favorite Sentai heroes are. So to some extent Decade or GoKaigers are a kid (or hell even an older fan) with his toys only wouldn't it be awesome if they actually worked or if you had a toy that would let you be whatever hero you wanted.

"Hey, I feel like being Kuuga today....awesome!"

Wow, way to accurately describe Ryouta Murai (Kamen Rider Kuuga from Decade). It's known that he was a fan of the original Kuuga and and was like this :castlerock: when he was cast as the new Kuuga. :)

As for why not just get the original actors making a cameo instead, well they are doing it (like MagiRed in episode 3), but to assume that they can build a show around cameo appearances is rather naive and ludacrous. Most of the actors of the past sentai series are either too old, left the show business completely, have committment elsewhere, or even deceased. They'd have to recast them like they did in Kamen Rider Decade, and would the fans really want to see new actors playing those iconic roles and not the original actors themeselves? I think Toei has done an excellent job with Gokaigers, and I won't change a thing.

There also may be some who want nothing to do with Sentai. Cameos are cool, but I rather they save them for the team-ups (although I certainly won't complain about any cameos in the series :laugh:) so that the series can build more on the new characters and make them the new favorites that we hope will return in a new anniversary. I mean, did any of our old favorites need past heroes to come back be our favorites? I love Dekaranger and Magiranger, as well as Zyuranger and, as far as I know, none of the past Sentai heroes came back in those. :) (Shiro Izumi doesn't count, he wasn't playing Change Pegasus).
 
There also may be some who want nothing to do with Sentai. Cameos are cool, but I rather they save them for the team-ups (although I certainly won't complain about any cameos in the series :laugh:) so that the series can build more on the new characters and make them the new favorites that we hope will return in a new anniversary. I mean, did any of our old favorites need past heroes to come back be our favorites? I love Dekaranger and Magiranger, as well as Zyuranger and, as far as I know, none of the past Sentai heroes came back in those. :) (Shiro Izumi doesn't count, he wasn't playing Change Pegasus).

From what I've heard, Ban, Jasmine, and Doggie from Dekaranger will make cameo appearances in episode 4-5.
 
Many may disagree but i was hoping Goukaiger to be more along the lines of Boukenger, which was instead of dominating the show with old heroes and stuff they could promote them via segments and references every now and then which should allow the show to run more smoothly within its own story, Now its not that i don't like what Goukaiger is doing but i feel it could have been done differently whereas the anniversary thing wouldn't have been so dominating over the shows direction.
 
I think it's too early to call that it's dominating the shows direction.

Really the main thing that's been established is that you have these guys who have possession of these powers but know exactly jack and squat about what those powers mean. What Super Sentai means.

So I think (or at least hope) that they start out a little Daiki-esque but by learning the various stories and legacies behind those powers (ideally via their interactions with the previous teams) they start to see a bigger picture than just what their powers can do and become worthy Sentai heroes in their own right.

Yeah, cool you can henshin, but if you don't got heart, you got nuthin.
 
I think it's too early to call that it's dominating the shows direction.

Really the main thing that's been established is that you have these guys who have possession of these powers but know exactly jack and squat about what those powers mean. What Super Sentai means.

So I think (or at least hope) that they start out a little Daiki-esque but by learning the various stories and legacies behind those powers (ideally via their interactions with the previous teams) they start to see a bigger picture than just what their powers can do and become worthy Sentai heroes in their own right.

Yeah, cool you can henshin, but if you don't got heart, you got nuthin.

This. I always thought Daiki would've made a cooler guy to give development to than Tsukasa.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top