Books Which literary character would you vote for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mjolnir, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Member

This is not a thread for your favorite literary character. This is a thread about which literary chracter would you vote for if they were real. Which one will have get your confidence that he will be honorable and would decide for the country's fate?
    I vote for Jean Valjean (Les Miserables). He is a character with lots of problems caused by the state so he definitely knows how to deal with problems and knows what is right and what is wrong for the people. Victim of the society which eventually finds it's place in the cruel world.

2. Bond007

Bond007 Shaken Not Stirred!!

Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby. Recently popularised by the movie but the book was thousands better, usually the case I know!!

Mjolnir and Cutler4Life like this.
  3. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life New Member

Yes definitely Jay Gatsby. That book changed my childhood and that man is a gentleman.

Mjolnir likes this.
  4. Haider

Haider Member

Obviously Jay Gatsby

Mjolnir likes this.
  5. 2787cmt

2787cmt Member

I never read The Great Gatsby, but I did see the recent movie that came out. I am going to have to agree with the three posters above me. He is a classy individual.

Mjolnir likes this.
  6. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Member

Hercule Poirot(Agatha Christie) is also a great literary character that fulfills leaders standards. He brings logic and ethics before anything else, and I think these two values are above everything else.

7. SueA555

SueA555 Member

Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch. His mission is that everyone matters or no one matters. I think this would be a great attitude for a politician to have. He is fair, and values the truth above everything else.

8. lindbergh

lindbergh Member

I'd vote for Harry Potter. I grew up reading the HP books by J.K. Rowling. I could relate easily to the struggles of Harry as he tried to balance his studies, relationship with friends, and his love life with fighting the dark Wizard. Though HP is set in a fantasy world, Harry is characterized so well that he's easy to relate to.

Jinay likes this.
  9. Jinay

Jinay New Member

Sherlock Holmes. According to the book(the show projects him as an asshole), he'd make a very prudent leader

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

10. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

Jay Gatsby is classy, but his decisions come with some dire consequences and he didn't get where he did through honest means.

11. xTinx

xTinx New Member

There are a lot of characters on my mind, but I guess I will just have to go for Gandalf the Grey, both in his old and resurrected form. He is the leader of the fellowship and without him, Frodo and the rest would have failed their mission. Sauron would have succeeded in his plans. However, because of Gandalf, the fellowship triumphed over the Orcs and Middle Earth had a renewed sense of hope. Basically, things were set right, largely because of his presence.