"When an Esper Loves a Senshi" Gaiden SneakPeek featuring ShadoWind

Here's a sneak peek at one of the "When an Esper Loves a Senshi" Gaiden that features ShadoWind who you may have seen in the Art Institute section of this very board...

I know it's a bit rough around the edges and it still needs finishing but I'd be truly grateful for any comments...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When An Esper Loves A Senshi Gaiden – ‘Dear Ami’
------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION
------------
This is the first of a series of ‘Gaiden’ or ‘Side Stories’ for my fanfic work-in-progress series ‘When An Esper Loves A Senshi’ aka ‘WAELAS’ [With thanks to ‘I Abibde’ from the ‘A Sailor Moon Romance’ Discussion Board for coming up with such a cool acronym! ^_^] which is a crossover between the videogame series ‘Phantasy Star’, ‘Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon’ and my own fanfic creations; ‘Marixi Avatar Knight Taskforce Zegara’.

These Gaiden stories are different in that they feature none of the characters from the ‘Phantasy Star’ universe as these two ‘Gaiden’ stories are set on Earth with the main characters being in this case Reed Kinney aka ‘ShadoWind’ from the ‘Avatar Knights’ team along with Ami Mizuno aka Sailor Mercury and making her debut in this story, a character called Kimiko Hanayama who plays a important part in the main storyline.

This story is [insert rating here] as it features descriptions of a sexual nature in a manner although the characters concerned don’t exist except in the setting of the storyline.

As for dedications to various people, the majority of those dedications will appear in the Author’s Notes documents for each section of the storyline [Gaiden, Prologue Saga, WAELAS] but in the meantime, I’d like to dedicate this story to two people in particular who inspired me to create the ‘Gaiden’ series…

Lunnaya from the ‘A Sailor Moon Romance’ Discussion Board [http://www.moonromance.net/dbforumlist.php] for being such a good fanfic writer [Check out her piece in her second MoonJournal entry on ASMR for an example] and who was more than happy to try and help me out with my Japanese for the title of the 4th story in the ‘Prologue Saga’ series and the main title of the series itself. Thank you for all your help; Lunnaya and I look forward to reading your future stories.

But I’d like to dedicate this story as I did with “My Kawaii Ami-chan†to Ruby Ong Elepaño as she was my ‘Muse’ in starting work on ‘WAELAS’ back in 1999. Not only did she inspire me to start work again on the whole series in general but she also inspired me in part to write the ‘Gaiden’ series thanks to some old letters of hers which I found on the day I started work on ‘WAELAS’. Thank you, my ‘Kawaii Ami-chan’ for inspiring to create ‘WAELAS’ and I hope you enjoy reading the series…

To those reading this story, I hope you enjoy reading it and if you have any comments then you can either leave a critique on the ‘A Sailor Moon Romance’ website or email me at [email protected] with them.

Until the next ‘Gaiden’ story appears in the near future [which will be from Ami’s point of view], thanks for reading and I look forward to reading all your comments and critiques; good and bad. ^_^

Dear Ami
--------
It was around eight o’clock on a cold December’s evening when Reed Kinney arrived back in the Juuban district of Tokyo at the modern-style home where he was staying for a year on his exchange visit which belonged to the Hanayama family which comprised of Reed’s old friend and fellow classmate; Kimiko Hanayama and her brother, Kazuo Hanayama who worked as a lawyer for the Tokyo City Government.

Reed was absolutely shattered when he arrived home as he had what he considered a horrible day which had started with both him and Kimiko getting detention just for being late for a few seconds, him getting extra Japanese Language homework as well because he had forgotten to bring his with him and just a hour before, he had managed to get into a fight in Yoyogi Park with a group of monsters which had been summoned by a mysterious man who had called himself ‘Yagyu Jubei’ after the legendary Japanese swordsman and who Reed had had some battles with before had ordered the monsters to attack a group of children that were playing in the park before Reed stepped in and rescued the children from the monsters which included various giant locust-like creatures which ‘Yagyu Jubei’ had referred to as ‘Locusta’ and weird looking birds with antennae on their heads which he had referred to as “Rappies†by transforming into the superhero known as ShadoWind; the Avatar Knight of the Wind and Shadows and defeated the monsters by using the martial art that he practiced known as ‘Zinjetza’ on them.

After taking care of the monsters, ShadoWind stayed behind to sign autographs for the children that he had just rescued before teleporting himself back to Kimiko and Kazuo’s home, making sure to detransmutate himself back into his Reed persona afterwards without anyone seeing him do so.

“Konban-wa Kimiko-chan! Konban-wa Kazuo-san!†Reed said with a voice that had a hint of tiredness in it as he greeted the two people who were waiting for him in the main living room.

“Are you OK, Reed-san?†Kazuo asked Reed with a slight concern in his voice as he relaxed in his shirt, slacks and slippers while sitting down on a sofa with a newspaper in his hand. “You look like you’ve had a rough day.â€Â

Kimiko then joined in by asking the same thing, her bespectacled silver-framed face looking like it was going to collapse in sadness, her eyes misting up with tears as she went to get up from the same sofa that her brother was sitting on, her still in her school uniform.

“I agree with Kazuo-kun! You haven’t gotten yourself into trouble again, Reed-kun? You know how much I hate it when you risk your life fighting all those horrible monsters and that man who calls himself ‘Yagyu Jubei’. But I know you have to do what you do because it’s your job as a Avatar Knight to protect the weak and save the world from all kinds of evil!â€Â

“Yes, I admit I got into a bit of trouble on my way here at Yoyogi Park fighting some monsters that ‘Yagyu Jubei’ creep set on a group of kids but I managed to take care of things!†Reed said with a slight smile on his face as he placed his schoolbag down on the floor and sat himself down on a seat opposite Kazuo.

“I’m sorry that I worried the both of you by being late but I guess a Avatar Knight’s work is never done and in any case, I’m absolutely starving due to all that fighting making me work up a appetite!â€Â

This made Kimiko and Kazuo laugh before they made their way to the dining room for dinner where Reed joined in the laughter over what he had just said before finishing his food which Kimiko had prepared and which Reed always looked forward to coming home to every evening…

“As long as we know you’re keeping yourself safe, Reed-san, that’s all that matters especially as Kimiko-chan worries about you a lot.â€Â

“I know she worries about me a lot, Kazuo, but I guess I’m lucky that I got allocated the two of you as my homestay family because I trust the both of you to keep my secret identity as ShadoWind just that, a secret.â€Â

“Anyway, if you’ll excuse me, I need to make like a tree and ‘leave’ because being a superhero really takes it out on the old muscles and I need a nice relaxing bath to take all those aches and pains away!â€Â

With that, he got up from his chair and was about to make his way to the bathroom when Kimiko started to speak…

“Reed-kun! I hope you enjoy your bath and I’ll see you later before going to bed, OK?â€Â

“OK, Kimiko! See you later!â€Â

And with that, Reed went upstairs to the bathroom where after running the hot water into the bathtub and getting undressed, he got into the bathtub and instantly felt his aches and pains slowly start to go away.

“Ahhhhh… That feels sooooo much better!†Reed thought to himself as he relaxed in the bathtub thinking about the events of the day and how Kimiko seemed to be really worried lately about him ever since she and her brother found out about him being ShadoWind.

“I know I shouldn’t make those two worry about me so much, especially Kimiko but what can I do especially as they almost lost their lives because that evil bitch who calls herself ‘Dark Force’ sent that flunkey who calls himself ‘Yagyu Jubei’ to try and kill me because she thought I and the other Avatar Knights were a threat to her evil schemes and in the end, I had no choice but to reveal my secret identity to them otherwise we would have all been killed if that glass fronted lift had crashed to the ground while we were still in it!â€Â

Thinking about the events of that particular day made Reed remember how it all started as just another ordinary Saturday and ended with his life and that of the Hanayama’s all being changed forever…

[Flashback Scene]
It was a warm and sunny afternoon in Juuban as Reed and Kimiko returned from their half-day of lessons at Juuban Junior High School to get ready and do some shopping in Tokyo itself.

Reed had asked his fellow classmates Ami Mizuno, Usagi Tsukino and the new girl at school; Makoto Kino if they had wanted to come shopping with him and Kimiko but they all declined with Ami politely thanking Reed for his kind invitation but telling him that she wouldn’t be able to make it as she had to pick up some new books she’d ordered from the bookstore run by an old friend of her mother’s while Usagi had to go shopping with her parents and her little brother Shingo whereas Makoto herself was going shopping on her own. So in the end it was just Reed and Kimiko that would be going shopping together with the two of them going to meet up with Kazuo at the Mitsukoshi department store in the Ginza district later on.

After Reed and Kimiko arrived back home, they got changed out of their school uniforms into something more comfortable for the rest of the day.

Reed decided to wear for the rest of that day the following: a pair of stone-washed blue denim jeans, white trainer socks with Nike trainers in red and white and a American Football jersey featuring the logo of his local team, the Selcombe Park Vikings on the front and on the back of the jersey, the name ‘Kinney’ and the number ‘7’ featured prominently on it with the sleeves rolled-up.

As for Kimiko, she kept on her silver wire-frame spectacles and wore for herself a teal-colored sweatshirt with a white t-shirt underneath, black denim shorts and a matching colored denim jacket plus a pair of white tennis shoes.

After getting dressed, the two of them picked up their bags and left the house to catch the bus to their first stop of the day which would be Shibuya as Kimiko wanted to get some new trinkets and jewellery for her collection.

They caught the bus to Shibuya, arriving at the railway station which was as crowded and hectic as it had always been with the trendy people exploring the shops and cafes surrounding it with Reed and Kimiko even rubbing the famous statue of the Akita dog known as ‘Hachiko’ for good luck.

While Reed did some window shopping, Kimiko went into some little boutique stores where she bought some antique rings and an old fashioned pair of rosary beads which she put around her neck as a fashion statement before returning back to where Reed was waiting for her outside the café known as Obrero.

After having some coffee and pastries together in Obrero, the two of them caught the bus to their next destination; the electronics district of Akihabara as Reed wanted to buy some new games for his Game Boy Advance and PlayStation 2 while hopefully also being able to buy some Hentai Doujinshi [‘Adult’-themed comics published by fans] of his current favorite manga series ‘HyperSexy Nekomusume Hana Senshi Sentai’ [also known as ‘HyperSexy Catgirl Flower Warrior Taskforce’] without Kimiko finding out and giving him a roasting.

Reed’s first stop in Akihabara was the local branch of the home electronics group known as ‘LaOX’ where he bought for himself various games for his Game Boy Advance and PlayStation 2 including ‘Kamen Rider 555’, Kamen Rider Blade', ‘One Piece - Nanatsu Shima No Daihihou’, ‘Inuyasha’, ‘Super Robot Taisen α’ and ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition' which he was particularly interested in buying as he was planning on entering the official Championships that would be taking place soon based on the game.

While Reed was doing his shopping at the videogames section of LaOX, Kimiko was in the mobile phones section buying for herself some new straps for her mobile phone along with some clip-on covers and some ringtone downloads of the latest L’Arc~en_Ciel and Hikaru Utada songs.

After finishing their visit to LaOX, Reed and Kimiko made their way to the store in Akihabara which was the main branch of the world-famous store chain dedicated to ‘Otaku’ called ‘GameKing’ which was also famous for having the biggest selection of Doujinshi in all of Japan.

At the main entrance to the store, Reed decided that it would be too risky if Kimiko found out his little secret so he decided that it would be easier if he told her a little white lie…

“Sorry about this, Kimiko. It looks like I may have to spend a bit longer here than expected…It’s just that I forgot I promised my brother, Zachary that I’d buy him some Gundam SEED model kits from here and I want to keep my promise to him especially after he got me that ‘Duellist of the Roses’ Yu-Gi-Oh! game for my birthday.â€Â

“That’s OK, Reed-kun! I understand and I’m sure I’ll find something interesting to buy here.†Kimiko said to him with a soft yet trusting smile on her face.

“You won’t regret this, Kimiko. I’ll be back as soon as I can, OK?â€Â

Reed then turned around and stepped into the lift which would take him to the 6th floor of the store which was where the Doujinshi department was located, a huge grin appearing on his face but which was out of sight of Kimiko while he carried in the bag that he had brought from home some items some items for a certain someone who worked in the Doujinshi department.

After getting out of the lift on the 6th floor, Reed made his way to the main counter in the Doujinshi department which was practically jampacked full of people looking for doujinshi of all types while some were looking at the unlicensed models and toys produced by various small fangroups.

As he got to the counter, Reed finally saw the person he was looking for looking flustered and frustrated as he barked orders out in rapid-fire Japanese to a group of fellow workers; the person concerned was a young man of Japanese appearance who looked like he was in his early 20’s with his hair dyed red and close-cropped and was wearing a white T-shirt which featured a bespectacled green-haired catgirl wearing a pink lace bra with matching panties, suspender belt and stockings in a cheesecake-type pose along with the words ‘Nekomusume Warrior Maiden Miyu-chan†featuring underneath the picture on the t-shirt which also featured a badge with his name ‘Matsukara Ryuji’ and the word ‘Manager’ in English and Japanese along with a pair of black baggy jeans and white trainers and he seemed to be on the look out for someone until he noticed Reed, at which point he gave him a big thumbs-up sign and encouraged him to get closer.

“Reed-san! It’s great to see you again! How’s it hanging dude?†the man asked him in an accent which sounded like it was trying to be California surfer-speak but with a Japanese accent.

“Ryuji! It’s hangin’ fine, dude!†Reed said back to him in a eager manner “I hope you managed to get those hentai ‘BaraHana’ items that I wanted?â€Â

“Of course I did! You should know by now that you can always trust me to keep my word, Reed-san and besides, I trust you in that you’ve brought that stuff which I wanted in return?†Ryuji replied as he took out from underneath the counter a large carrier bag with the ‘GameKing’ logo and mascot ‘Mya-Mya UsagiMusume’ on the front and handed it to Reed while Reed handed over the bag that he had brought with him from his home to Ryuji in return.

Ryuji then took out the various items that were in Reed’s bag and a smile that looked as if the cat had got the cream appeared on his face…

“As always, thank you very much, Reed-san for being able to get hold of all these items for me, especially the latest issues of the English-translated ‘BaraHana’ manga, the most recent programs from the Selcombe Park Vikings games and in particular those American comics that I asked you to get for me; especially the new X-Men Mangaverse titles… I hope you like what’s in the bag that I just gave you.†Ryuji said to Reed, his voice sounding like that of a kid who’d just got a new toy after seeing what Reed had given him.

“I’m glad you like all the items that I’ve brought you today, Ryuji†Reed thought to himself “Especially considering all I have to do is teleport to America and back to get them!â€Â

“Oh yes, I’m definitely sure I’ll like what’s inside the bag…†Reed told Ryuji as he took out 10 doujinshi of various sizes along with some signboards and sketchboards which featured both hentai and non-hentai sketches in black-and-white of cairls in various poses.

Reed then looked through the sketchboards first with one in particular catching his eye which featured a bespectacled pink-haired catgirl who was naked except for a pink leather collar with a little bell attached to it, pink leather ankle boots and pink leather wrist gloves having her breasts played with by a similarly naked catgirl but without spectacles and dressed in green instead. He noticed a message that was written on this sketchboard which read:

“To Reed-san, thank you for getting all those American comics for me and for being my number #1 American ‘BaraHana’ fan! =^_^= Best wishes, Ryusei-san.â€Â

“This is so damn kick-ass! Actual hentai and non-hentai sketchboards from Ryusei-san himself! Even one featuring my two favorite BaraHana girls, BaraHana Pink and BaraHana Green in a really good pose!†Reed said in excitement to Ryuji as he started to look through the rest of the sketchboards along with the doujinshi pencilboards which featured the BaraHana and their enemies; the BaraHana Chaos Empire in various sexy poses before putting them back in the bag that they had came in so he could take a look at the doujinshi manga.

He looked and flicked through them and definitely liked what he saw with one title, called ‘Pink Chaos’ really making him look especially as it featured a stark naked BaraHana Pink sharing a deep, passionate kiss with Empress Black BaraHana Neko, their hands on each other’s posteriors on the front cover.

Reed started to read through the ‘Pink Chaos’ doujinshi manga and found that it was mainly a pin-up doujinshi managa with a few stories featuring BaraHana Pink in various poses and scenes with members of the BaraHana Chaos Empire ranging from cheesecake-type pinups to downright hentai with the color pinup in the centre pages making his eyes practically pop out when he saw it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top