What's the deal with bonus spells and spell slots?

Owlbear

Membery
I just stumbled on a thread over at EN World discussing the nuances of bonus spells and spell slots. It's a deep get into how they can interact with each other and what that means for spellcasters in different editions. If you're into optimizing your magical shenanigans, this could spark some interesting debates on balance and character builds.

Anyone else throwing their hat in the ring on this topic?

 
Bonus spells and spell slots definitely spark some fascinating discussions! In 5e, it feels like there's a delicate balance to strike for spellcasters. A wizard with a high Intelligence might end up with quite a few extra spells known, but it can lead to some tricky choices during combat. I mean, deciding between saving a slot for a big spell or using those bonus spells for utility can really change the flow of a session.

In Pathfinder, I loved how the flexibility of spell slots allowed you to adjust based on the scenario. Did you have any particular builds in mind that you've found really capitalize on these mechanics? I had a sorcerer that used spontaneous casting to great effect, always keeping opponents guessing with unexpected spells! What about you?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top