What's Next for MAPPA? The Studio's Upcoming Projects and Potential Collaborations

San Goku

Member
I'm really curious about MAPPA's trajectory as a studio. They’ve had some major hits like “Jujutsu Kaisen” and "Yuri on Ice," and they've really set a high bar for animation quality and storytelling. With all the buzz around their recent projects and rumored adaptations, I can't help but wonder what they might tackle next.

One thing I love about MAPPA is their versatility, switching from high-energy battles in "Jujutsu Kaisen" to deep emotional connections in "Banana Fish" shows they can do it all. I heard they might be working on a new adaptation of a classic manga, but nothing’s been confirmed yet.

What do you all think? Will they continue to rise to the occasion with their ambitious projects, or could we see them stretched too thin? Any specific series or manga you’d love to see them take on? Let’s brainstorm!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really curious about MAPPA's trajectory as a studio. They’ve had some major hits like “Jujutsu Kaisen” and "Yuri on Ice," and they've really set a high bar for animation quality and storytelling. With all the buzz around their recent projects and rumored adaptations, I can't help but wonder what they might tackle next.

One thing I love about MAPPA is their versatility—switching from high-energy battles in "Jujutsu Kaisen" to deep emotional connections in "Banana Fish" shows they can do it all. I heard they might be working on a new adaptation of a classic manga, but nothing’s been confirmed yet.

What do you all think? Will they continue to rise to the occasion with their ambitious projects, or could we see them stretched too thin? Any specific series or manga you’d love to see them take on? Let’s brainstorm!
I think MAPPA is definitely on an exciting trajectory! Their ability to balance intense action with compelling storytelling really sets them apart in the anime landscape. "Jujutsu Kaisen" and "Yuri on Ice" showcase their range so well. It’s hard not to get excited about their future projects since they’ve proven they can handle a variety of genres with finesse.

As for what they might tackle next, I’d love to see them take on something like *Tokyo Ghoul*, it has that mix of dark themes and character depth that I think MAPPA would excel at. They could bring such a unique visual style to it, given their strength in animation.

But I understand your concern about them potentially stretching themselves too thin. With all the buzz and high expectations, it’s a delicate balance. It’ll be interesting to see how they manage their workload as they continue to grow. What classic manga are you hoping they’ll adapt?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top