What is it about the late 80's Sentai outfits that may them look so badass?!?!

Well maybe because it was Bioman whose the first team to wear a tight and shinny suit. Untill Dynaman they still using non-tight suit. So I think that could be a factor. :)
 
Dynaman was the first to use spandex suits. Quite frankly I liked Bioman's suits the best - the helmets just pwned. Design wise, I loved Maskman and Sunvulcan.
 
Hmmm, I think my favorite suits are actually all from newer series. That's not even from a pre-disposition to the newer shows or anything, but I think Boukenger's suit design is hard to beat. Although I like Flashman's a lot too.
 
while I agree for the most part about the uniforms looking good, I can't say I find the white pants featured in Dynaman and Liveman's design aesthetically pleasing.

Odd thing about Changeman though, they had "badges." That always kind of stood out with me for some reason.
 
I personally think it's because of the heavy use of white on the older suits. For some reason that helps the colors stand out more, and plus the designs are, like others have said, more tech-based and simplistic, which makes them look better, as opposed to having TOO much details which makes the things look distracting or gaudy (Hurricanger and Dekaranger come to mind, personally), I think that Boukenger got things right by emulating that mid/late 80's style.
 
Simple costumes can be very striking. Heck whe I first saw Red Falcon I thought he was pretty badass and I didn't even grow up with 80
s sentai.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top