What if FF series is abolished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't care if SE quit making FF games. Todays FF games are so far from the FF series that they shouldn't even be called FF anymore. And I will be honest I miss the old school FF games, but I know they will never return to their roots.
 
I wouldn't care if SE quit making FF games. Todays FF games are so far from the FF series that they shouldn't even be called FF anymore. And I will be honest I miss the old school FF games, but I know they will never return to their roots.
Just about every franchise that has been around for so long has strayed from its roots. Look at Tomb Raider, Resident Evil etc.
I try to keep an open mind, since as you said, these games/series will never return to how they were so I might as well try to enjoy the newer stuff.
 
It may be possible that some day they can't keep up with the series. And they would be forced to close the franchise. I mean that happened to the half life, quake and many other top games. So it is possible when there is nothing left to innovate.
 
I wouldn't care if SE quit making FF games. Todays FF games are so far from the FF series that they shouldn't even be called FF anymore. And I will be honest I miss the old school FF games, but I know they will never return to their roots.

What exactly do you miss from the old versions of the game? What aspects have changed that you don't like?
 
Games evolve, and it's just normal that these days Final Fantasy games are different from the original ones, and that's precisely what keeps the series alive. Sure, we can't please all, but certainly pleases the majority.
 
Just about every franchise that has been around for so long has strayed from its roots. Look at Tomb Raider, Resident Evil etc.
I try to keep an open mind, since as you said, these games/series will never return to how they were so I might as well try to enjoy the newer stuff.
I agree that both of you hold a great validity in what you just said. But it is also important that a game should incorporate regular changes with time. This advancement is really important to keep attracting new gamers every year. I don't think the games made with an old age technology will ever be able to attract the new age gamers. Most of the games who failed to match the pace of time eventually got depleted somewhere.
 
At this year you can expect game to continue. As there does not seem to be any way the game can be stopped from series.It may make few more changes and even revive some of the older games. So yeah it is possible for such games to work around. It's not that hard.
 
That is why there are so many series to the Final Fantasy games, so that the game keeps updating to the modern trends, old followers and new ones. No way it's going to be abolished anytime soon.
 
I think next quarter we are more likely to see some of the FF sequels or the additional games. I don't see that the game is going to have any break. And there are going to be more games in the FF series.
 
It may be possible that some day they can't keep up with the series. And they would be forced to close the franchise. I mean that happened to the half life, quake and many other top games. So it is possible when there is nothing left to innovate.
Half Life is dead because at this point Valve is swimming in the cash they earn from Steam and their popular MP games. Half Life 3 wouldn't earn nearly as much, and they would actually need to put some effort into it, so they don't bother.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top