30aqrtu.jpg

6263865854_85d1328bf8.jpg

ultraman02.png

6263338543_33ce96b41a.jpg

Manga that will be written based on the long lasting Tokusatsu series by Tsuburaya, the ever famous Gigantic Hero, ULTRAMAN.

"The Ultraman manga will be set into a much darker tone of the original storyline and is drawn in a "seinen" manga art style. The manga will be drawn by Eiichi Shimizu and Tomohiro Shimoguchi, who are both famous for their work, "Linebarrel of Iron". The manga take place decades after the event of original Ultraman."

Ages ever since the absents of the Gigantic Hero, the next generation hero who inherit the bloodlines of the legendary gigantic hero emerge. Shin Jiro, a normal high school student who's also the son of Shin Hayate(the real Ultraman) and is aware about the existence of Ultraman years ago and wanted to be a hero that save the world. He is just a normal human and had no superpowers or such. One faithful day lead him to a special high-tech suit that will turn him into a different incarnation of the legendary gigantic hero! Will he be a HERO?

The storyline will question on a lot of social issues like who is in fact the actual enemy? Is it the monsters, aliens or the humans ourselves? This proves that the manga will have a complex storyline.

If your a fan of Ultraman or like mecha action in general, they take a gander over at the recent and modern Ultraman manga from HERO's Magazine.

Thus far there has been ten chapters released, but currently Ultraman is on hiatus for this Month and will be back again in November. Septermber 5th, ULTRAMAN had recently released its first Volume along side Soul Reviver, (Making these the first mangas to be given volumes from HERO's)and has been one of the most top selling manga within the month of September within Japan. (Shogakukan had casually released information within an interview that it had been in talks with certain companies who are interested in turning some of the mangas within HERO's into anime. And yes, ULTRAMAN was mentioned being one of the cases that were being looked into.) It contains chapters 1-9, the chapters are online but only in chinese. Thankfully, Chinatown KM Scanlations have decided to take up ULTRAMAN, following the series while translating it all.

They plan on releasing Chapter 2 in English October 4th, which is extremely soon. Other chapters are planned for later dates, a few of them are already being considered in baring a release in October besides Chapter 2.

http://ckmscans.halofight.com/forum

Chapter 1 can be read online upon HERO's English website, but due note that the translators who translated Chapter 1 are a bit murky in terms of grammar. So bare with it a bit.

If anyone is interested in reading, then check the link below
http://www.heros-web.com/en/works/ultraman.html

Click Ultraman Episode 1 (English), comment below if you have any feedback upon the on-going series.

---------------------------------------------

I've read chapter 1 and its interesting and surprisingly a great start, I'm looking forward to Chapter 2. How Shin finally finds out that he was the original Ultraman, how such a moment was captured was well done. And with it being within the same universe, the source material is treated properly. Although the the mysterious dark alien entity does make me wonder if he'll play a big role or remains as a simple obstacle whose usually wiped out by the protagonist.

Shinjiro seems a character filled with interesting potential, surviving a fall that high and no break any bones or be killed at such a young age. It was a surprising take to demonstrate that biologically Shinjiro is not a normal human. And the very end of the chapter sound that fact very clearly Hopefully he'll be a solid main protagonist!

I'm not going to look at the Chinese chapters online, it'll spoil everything.

So I'm just gonna wait online for the English versions, which thankfully are coming soon and are being worked on

ULTRAMAN FTW!

Dude, I'll admit, although this take on Ultraman bares a very similar atmosphere within Evangelion in terms of design. Its actually a interesting take.

Ultraman being a bio suit for a Ultra human hybrid is also an interesting angle as well. Thankfully none of the established source material is being rewritten, more so its being expanded through Shin Hayate's son, Shinjiro.

The Dark looking Ultraman feels ominous, but in terms that it could be a villain with a impacting role or a unique setting for the characters to follow through. I hope to see more classical monsters, wouldn't be Ultraman without them lol. After giving it a second read, I've decided to follow this series, I'll be looking forward to when Chapter two is released online in English. Its a pity that Ultra fans here aren't investing themselves within this. Lol I signed up on here just because of this manga, and how my friends kept telling me how awesome it was. I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Now the waiting for chapter 2 begins

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Wow, this looks pretty incredible. I'm going to check this out later and see how it is. Even if the grammar isn't perfect, its great that they are putting the effort to translate it into English.

Wow, this looks pretty incredible. I'm going to check this out later and see how it is. Even if the grammar isn't perfect, its great that they are putting the effort to translate it into English.

I would wait a bit before reading Chapter 1, Chapter 2 will be released in less than 2.5 hours on Chinatown KM in English with proper grammar. (The translators who did Chapter 1 was only going to do chapter 1 since it was the first issue of HERO's Magazine. So they were tossing us a bone. Sadly they need a bit more work on their proof-reading skills.)

http://ckmscans.halofight.com/forum

So when Chapter 2 is released, you can have one decently big read to enjoy.
Also I'm glad to see people interested within this manga, I've been seeing this series slowly spreading across the internet, but people either pass it by or just look at it then move on. Its sad to be honest. Hopefully, when more English chapters are released, more people will pick it up.

So, I take it this will never be released in paperback due to Chaiyo, or will it be released here?

I love the translation, but the grammar needs some improvement. It does not get in the way and is only a minor setback, so I hope that if they do bring it here, another translation is done or revised by fluent English writers.

Shyni
Chaiyo have no claim on the actual characters and stuff. Their "contract" only specified the TV shows and the TPC/Chaiyo collab projects. TPC have been able to promote and license Mebius for Asia, and that show was a continuation of the Showa Era.

Chapter 3, 4, and recently 5 have been released!

The manga was almost dropped because the originally translator felt overwhelmed by her studies in school and due to translating so many other mangas as well.

But a guy named OniGoji (apparently the one and only person who sought out the manga's english scanlation in the first place, so without him, we wouldn't even be reading this series, personally took the manga upon his shoulders and is supporting it. By supporting it, I mean that he's the only one pushing them out. Not the group he's in, they aren't supporting it. OniGoji and his friend Hank are the only ones who are carrying the manga. They are the only ones scanlating it and releasing them.

And for a two man team, things are going surprising smoothly, and chapters are being put out a lot more quickly. The previous first two chapters came out October 4th, the third chapter (released by OniGoji and Hank only) released December 30th. Meaning that the originally translator and host of the group couldn't scanlate a single chapter for over two months? Seriously? OniGoji issued an apology out to the fans following the manga, explaining everything. I personally feel that he isn't to blame, so he shouldn't be apologizing for it wasn't his fault.

Anyway,

Volume 1 is almost over with, apparently there are six chapters in each volume. But none the less, the chapters are here and out. Enjoy them!

Also, a second of monsters are on the rise, and a new generation of Baltan are on the rise as well. Volume 2 can't come soon enough!

1_3231.jpg