Tokusatsu Executive Producers & Lead Writers

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
I know that Bruce Kalish did Power Rangers SPD and Duog Sloan did Power Rangers Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder, but I was just wondering, who were the Executive Producers behind all the Sentai series (from GoRanger to Boukenger).

Just Curious ;)
 
Are there any favorites and work they've done that you liked?

Cuz as it is I'm loving the guy or girl who's doing Kabuto and would like to know what else of this person's work I can experience. Same for GARO and Sh15uya.
 
J-Caizer said:
Are there any favorites and work they've done that you liked?

If onmly I knew their names!! :laugh:
But I know some good Super Sentai series that I liked (ZyuRanger, Flashman, Liveman, Hurricanger, etc..) so... whoever their names are I guess I like their work!!
 
J-Caizer said:
Same for GARO and Sh15uya.

Well, the chief writer of Kabuto was the chief writer of Sh15uya...that guy also wrote a bunch of Pokemon episodes. :laugh: The writing pair on Garo, Kengo Kaji & Yuuji Kobayashi also were chief writers for Ultraman Max. Kaji apparently also did work on the Eko Eko Azarak series while Kobayashi is currently writing some Bio Planet WoO.

Here's a list of chief writers for each series:

Goranger: Shozo Uehara (other tokusatsu works as chief writer includes the Uchuu Keijis, Juspion, Spielban, a ton of stuff from the '60s and '70s)
JAKQ: Shozo Uehara
Battle Fever J: Susumu Takahisa, with Shozo Uehara seeming to take over
Sunvulcan: Shozo Uehara

Goggle V: Hirohisa Soda
Dynaman: Hirohisa Soda
Bioman: Hirohisa Soda
Changeman: Hirohisa Soda
Flashman: Hirohisa Soda
Maskman: Hirohisa Soda
Liveman: Hirohisa Soda
Turboranger: Hirohisa Soda
Fiveman: Hirohisa Soda

Jetman: Toshiki Inoue (other tokusatsu works as chief writer include Changerion, Agito, Faiz and the second half of Hibiki as the replacement writer; writes all of the new Rider movies, including The First)

Zyuranger: Noboru Sugimura (Jiban, Winspector, Solbrain)
Dairanger: Noboru Sugimura
Kakuranger: Noboru Sugimura
Ohranger: Noboru Sugimura

Carranger: Yoshio Urasawa

Megaranger: Junki Takegami (other works as head writer: Cybercop, Ryukendo)

Gingaman: Yasuko Kobayashi (other works as head writer: Ryuki, PGSM)

GoGoFive: Junki Takegami

Timeranger: Yasuko Kobayashi

Gaoranger: Junki Takegami

Hurricanger: Jun'ichi Miyashita (other works: Exceedraft, Janperson, Blue Swat, B-Fighter, B-Fighter Kabuto)

Abaranger: Naruhisa Arakawa (other works as chief: Kuuga)

Dekaranger: Naruhisa Arakawa

Magiranger: Atsushi Maekawa

Boukenger: Shou Aikawa (other works: the replacement chief writer for the second half of Blade)

If you really want to know producers, I'll look up the ones I'm uncertain of, but I tend to judge by writer more. I know producers have their say and all, but...
 
Last edited:
I was asking "those in the know." Seems this is information we should probably know.

For me, it's not the artist I follow in a comic book or the property... it's the head writer or director. Same would apply to pretty much anything. I follow Joss Whedon and other guys I like. I wouldn't mind finding out who I should be following in the Japanese entertainment world.
 
J-Caizer said:
I was asking "those in the know." Seems this is information we should probably know.

For me, it's not the artist I follow in a comic book or the property... it's the head writer or director. Same would apply to pretty much anything. I follow Joss Whedon and other guys I like. I wouldn't mind finding out who I should be following in the Japanese entertainment world.

I agree. I never really care much for who's drawing what in a comic, but tell me a certain writer is on the project and I'm either already at the comic shop waiting in anticipation, or posting on some message board about how shitty the book is. :laugh: That said, I don't really know that much about writers outside of comic books (especially when it comes to Tokusatsu and Anime), so I should probably try to learn some of that.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top