The XBridge: Why We Care About Cartoon Network

Love the article. Especially this part:

"Have they learned their lesson? Hell no! They're still pushing the live-action agenda all over the world. They're still pushing the same five shows to a public that could care less, despite the fact that for a long stretch, Tom and Jerry was the highest-rated series on Cartoon Network."

I'm not down with the fact that they air such a few number of shows since when I was a child, they aired different stuff every half-hour, and maybe repeated their popular shows (Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo) once. But, like he said, I don't care anymore. CN has given the middle finger to cartoon fans for way too long. I'm buying all the H-B stuff on DVD, maybe some of the 90's WB stuff (Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid), and a few other misc. cartoons from my childhood, and I'll make my own fucking network.
 
Fayt Linegod said:
That's exactly what I'd do. CN lost any sense of coolness it had a long time ago.

Yeah, and for me especially since a lot of the stuff on Adult Swim now is pretty craptastic(Squidbillies, Tom Goes to the Mayor, 12oz. Mouse, Perfect Hair Forever, etc). I miss the CN of the old days....
 
KamenRiderZero said:
Yeah, and for me especially since a lot of the stuff on Adult Swim now is pretty craptastic(Squidbillies, Tom Goes to the Mayor, 12oz. Mouse, Perfect Hair Forever, etc). I miss the CN of the old days....

You can say that again. I miss the old CN, the old Toonami, the old AS....its all fallen to ****.
 
ah the X-Bridge. I remember that place. Used to read the articles there all the time but slowly stopped as I stopped caring about Toonami.

Good article. but thats about all it is. Just a good article. It does nothing more than say what we were all thinking.
 
KamenRiderZero said:
Yeah, and for me especially since a lot of the stuff on Adult Swim now is pretty craptastic(Squidbillies, Tom Goes to the Mayor, 12oz. Mouse, Perfect Hair Forever, etc). I miss the CN of the old days....

Yeah, those are crap. And AS gave these shows more exposure (as if Family Guy wasn't any more overexposed).

I still say that of all the shows on AS, the absolute best new show is The Venture Brothers (the second season of which starts in June). Go Team Venture! :buttrock:

I really like Mission Hill, even though that show's long gone.
 
Fayt Linegod said:
I miss the Midnight Run the most. And the 70's Hanna-Barbera shows they used to air. *sigh*

I miss Midnight run too, actually. And Toonami on weekdays. And ALL H-B shows. (From the 50's until you get to those lame-ass Cartoon Cartoons.) Actually, given where superhero shows are headed, I miss the damned Superfriends. (Especially the ones with Darkseid as the villain.)

I miss, basically, when CN had people that cared to program their channel.

Oh yeah, and I can't wait for the second season of VB! (And Boondocks, that show is killer.)
 
CN needs to go back 6 years and remind themselves what it was that made them cool, why I went and saw the un-believably craptastic movie TITAN A.E. twice in theatres JUST to see the Toonami commercial before it. During the days of the First Intruder mini-series. when a dis-embodied voice told us that there was no diving in an empty pool! During the days when the PP Girls stated they one day wanted Wonder Woman sized Breasts. This is what we need, not live action shows that spawn the next hillary duff, or Lindsay Lohan.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top