heres what I dont get. I've been following the news and the writers often mention that they watch the show, have the toys, check out the comics. And that their main goal is to present this movie as believable and flesh out a story for the characters. Basically, they say this:
Kurtzman and Orci said:
We're in the middle of writing it. There's nothing that came before it, it's a movie that's based on a toy line, so the trick with that movie was again figuring out, 'Okay, what's the character story here, because the action scenes are a given, so what is this story really going to be about?'
That's what I dont get. What the hell are they trying to figure out? The story is RIGHT THERE. If they dont know the story all they fucking have to do is watch the first three episodes of Transformers! There you go!
I cant wait for this movie but I have a feeling that it's going to bomb and become out of focus. That its going to get poulluted with "good ideas on paper" but its more so going to just be a human story with the Giant Robots on the side. And I hate that. The story is about the fucking Robots. Dont focus on the stupid fleshy humans who think that they can help apparently fight giant fucking robots.
But Im hoping Im surprised. There are a lot of great names featured here. Dreamworks, Spielburg. So I mean, there's hope. But I dont know. I get that Vibe that they dont care about fans that much and they just say they do to make us happy.
Here's the word on autobots:
Kurtzman and Orci said:
"Right now, we're thinking there will be five Autobots and five Decepticons," says Kurtzman. "But you know the ones everybody knows like Optimus Prime and Megatron and Starscream and Soundwave and Bumblebee. Arcee is gonna be in it."
There's rumors going around that Megatron is not going to transform into a handgun but instead, trasnform into a Tank. Also, it was rumored that Hasbro strongly supported and requested "Mass Shifting". Meaning if Soundwave were to still transform into a Tape Player then he would mass shift into the normal size of one just like in the cartoon.
This is all old crap though. So anywho. I, too, am hoping for the original TF cartoon voices (sorry, not that big of a fan to be remembering names. I love the cartoon and the toys, hate the anime, but just dont know any names.) of Optimus and Megatron. I really hope they return to do the voices. They ARE Optimus and Megatron. Always have been with me. I really love Soundwaves voice too so hopefully they stick to something similar for the movie as well.
Any guesses on the remaining two Decepticons they might go for? I was hoping for a Thundercracker and SkyWarp appearance, I doubt it now though. I hate the fact that they put in Arcee. *rolls eyes* Shes a kewl character but I swear to god if they put in one stupid ass line like in Lord of the Rings "Im not a man, Im a woman" some of those writers are just going to have to die. Im sorry. They will have to.
About Autobots, Im hoping Prowl makes it in there. Ironhide or Mirage would be nice too. Decepticons Im not sure. Shockwave being in there would be bad ass but I doubt that one. Too similar to Megatron in transformation. Im thinking they might stick with militaristic type Decepticons.
*imagines a realistic dog fight appearance of Starscream and SkyWarp and squees* Cmon, how kewl would that be. Some pilot in the sky, reporting two unidentified jets tailing him. One teleports, the other transforms and fires.
This movie has so much Geek luving SciFi potential. please dont suck please dont suck :shakefist
Edit: I thought of something kewl. The movie is scheduled for 2007 right? How kick ass would that be if it was out during the Power Rangers convention! o_o We could all go see it as a mass of geeks with things in common!