The "Sushi Prince" goes to New York

The "Sushi Prince" goes to New York
Wed, April 30, 2008 (2:18am EDT)

_______________________________________________

Jun Matsumoto wasn't the only Johnny's artist to appear in the U.S. this week for a movie promotion. On Monday, Koichi Domoto attended the American premiere of the "Sushi Ouji!" movie, which was screened at the Walter Reade Theater in New York.

The city was an appropriate choice for the screening, given that the film is set in The Big Apple. The PR campaign also took advantage of the link between the city's initials and one of Domoto's catchphrases in the movie, "nigitte yaru!" (translated as "I will crush you!").

At the event, Domoto introduced himself in English by saying "I'm Sushi Prince," which was greeted with a round of applause. When asked about a possible sequel, he seemed hopeful that the film gets turned into a series. However, the film still has not been given any formal release dates outside of Japan, where it opened on April 19 .

_________________________________________________
 
another sushi oji thread XD

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel series but I guess it would all depend on how the movie ends. It'd be cool to actually see this movie on the big screen. Some movies like Death Note are getting limited release showings around the US. But the Sushi Oji movie... I guess it would be more enjoyable to watch if people have actually seen the series first.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top