The Pretender (Season 1-4 + Movies) - Talkback

What exacally is it about?.

I was told that if I liked the shows Forever Knight & Urban Angel that's I'd like The Pretender aswell.
 
I Have seaons 1 and 2 on DVD and i love it. seriously. I think they got the idea for tendou souji from this guy.
 
Season 1 & 2 were amazing, but season 3 started without any explaination of how everyone made it past the season 2 finale', season 4 started reaching and the movies really got weird. But yes Jared is the coolest guy ever, and there's so much sweet sweet PEZ
 
Season 1 & 2 were amazing, but season 3 started without any explaination of how everyone made it past the season 2 finale', season 4 started reaching and the movies really got weird. But yes Jared is the coolest guy ever, and there's so much sweet sweet PEZ

QFT! :buttrock:

Don't forget the Oreos. :anime:

And the Bazooka Joe bubble gum. :laugh:

What exacally is it about?

[HIDE]It's about a super-genious known only as Jarod. He's referred to as "A Pretender" because he has the ability to essentially pretend to be a member of any occupation. Doctor, rescue worker, skydiving instructor, etc. When he was very young, he was kidnapped by a mysterious organization known as "The Center (Or Centre, depending...)," where he lived his entire life until he escaped. He spends most of the series searching for his lost family and aiding the lost and troubled. Think of it as kind of like "Quantum Leap," except no time-travel or cross-dressing. All the while, he's persued by a woman named "Miss Parker," with whom he has a...Very interesting relationship (Watch the show, you'll understand), and he is aided by the closest thing to a father he's ever known: A man named Sydney.[/HIDE]

I hope that answers your question without giving away too much about the series. :sweat:

By the way, a few pieces of trivia about the series:

-Reportedly, it was based off the real-life story of a man with eidetic (Near photographic) memory who was said to have been able to master any occupation just by reading a book about it.

-All of the characters are known only by either their first or last names, with the other being assumed or unknown.

-The building used as Center's headquarters is an actual building outside of Toronto: The R. C. Harris Filtration Plant. It was also seen regularly in the syndicated series "Mutant X" as the Genomex building.
 
Last edited:
Watched episode 1 and f'n loved it. This show has some serious potential.

Jarod reminds me of Tendou Souji for some odd reason. I can't explain it yet but I think it's the coolness lol.

I've got all 4 Seasons and the movies so this should be an interesting summer of watching.

Lots of old school Canadian actors I saw in the first episode.

Miss Parker gets me all warm and stiff down south.
 
I loved the Pretender. I watched all the seasons when it was tv. I know TNT had reruns on at some strange time in the morning but I think they stopped that. I had them on my netflix list to rewatch. Its a tad corny but the lead actor, Jarod, was too cute for words.

And yeah Miss Parker was hot too. She had this total dominatrix thing to her.....*fans self*
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top