Back in the late 90's in the UK we had a segment on our own Cartoon Network called "AKA". I have no idea why it's called AKA but that's what it was called.
It ran between the hours of 7 til 9PM, and the concept is basically.... BULLSHIT.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind watching the Hairbear Bunch at 8.30PM (although I'm not a fan), but preferably not with all this bullshit all over it.
Watch the video clip and you'll see what I mean. Don't be too surprised if you find youself asking "WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH?!!!"
In all seriousness, I loved this stuff when I was a teenager, I hated all those quirky, more "safe" Hannah Barbera cartoons and I used to make fun of them all the time growing up, they were deserving of a mash-up like this.
Well, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that up, but I was thinking more of a late night comedy sketch on Jimmy Fallon, or something, not a bloody TV show!:laugh:
As for precessor, I think he confused the words Predecessor and/ or Precursor, which mean the same thing anyway.
Well, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that up, but I was thinking more of a late night comedy sketch on Jimmy Fallon, or something, not a bloody TV show!:laugh:
As for precessor, I think he confused the words Predecessor and/ or Precursor, which mean the same thing anyway.
In all seriousness, I loved this stuff when I was a teenager, I hated all those quirky, more "safe" Hannah Barbera cartoons and I used to make fun of them all the time growing up, they were deserving of a mash-up like this.
Well yeah that's cool but.. I could never really understand the humour of AKA: Cartoon Network, nor could I find the gags funny nor how were they making fun out of the Hair Bear bunch. To be honest I never really knew what the bloody hell it was at the time.. I couldn't even figure out what Cartoon Network even had in mind..
But then again... this was on a kids channel. If AKA: Did a parody of the HairBear Bunch the way CS188 (for example) would do it, it would be WAY too adult for the channel. Even at 8.30PM.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBjdlkwfrBo"][YTP] Pooping the Charts Vol. 4 - Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber Take A Dump Together - YouTube[/ame]
There was a point where YTMND was such a huge deal it had it's own radio station. These days it's glory days are long behind it. I remember downloading all the soundtracks for their memes.