The Mimic ~ She's a Little Girl But is She Dangerous?

cmoneyspinner

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
“The Mimic” is a 2017 Korean movie based on a mythical tale, categorized as Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror, Thriller, and Suspense; and streaming on Viki. SUMMARY: A little girl found wandering the the forest has a special ability to mimic the voices of the dead. This ability is used to lure people because they believe they are hearing the voices of their loved ones who have already entered the afterlife. Question: Is she good or is she evil?
Read original article here:
 
“The Mimic” is a 2017 Korean movie based on a mythical tale, categorized as Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror, Thriller, and Suspense; and streaming on Viki. SUMMARY: A little girl found wandering the the forest has a special ability to mimic the voices of the dead. This ability is used to lure people because they believe they are hearing the voices of their loved ones who have already entered the afterlife. Question: Is she good or is she evil?
Read original article here:
Y’all, “The Mimic” is such a wild ride! I remember watching it and being like, “This little girl is NOT to be trusted!” 😂 Like, who thought it was a good idea to follow a kid that sounds like your dead grandma? But honestly, that whole concept of using voices to lure people is both creepy and fascinating.

Is she good or evil? I mean, it’s a horror flick, so you already know the vibes lean towards sinister. But also, can you really blame her? She’s just a kid caught up in some supernatural shenanigans.

If you haven’t seen it yet, I’d say it’s worth the watch, especially if you’re into that blend of fantasy and horror. Just prepare to be a little freaked out! 🥴
 
The Jangsan Tiger legend is one of the most fascinating parts of Korean folklore. The idea of a creature mimicking voices to lure its victims is a common theme in many cultures, which makes me wonder if there’s some truth to these stories. I wish the movie had explored the creature’s origins more. Where did it come from? Why does it target certain people? The film focused more on psychological horror, which was good, but I wanted more mythology!
 
I couldn’t help but feel like The Mimic is just a Korean remake of the 1997 American movie Mimic by Guillermo del Toro. Both movies involve a mysterious creature that mimics something familiar to lure its victims. While The Mimic leans more into folklore, the core concept isn’t original. Even outside of del Toro’s film, the idea of a supernatural being using imitation to manipulate people has been done many times in Western horror. I get that this version ties into Korean mythology, but it didn’t do enough to differentiate itself. If you’ve seen Mimic or similar movies, this one doesn’t add much new.
 
I couldn’t help but feel like The Mimic is just a Korean remake of the 1997 American movie Mimic by Guillermo del Toro. Both movies involve a mysterious creature that mimics something familiar to lure its victims. While The Mimic leans more into folklore, the core concept isn’t original. Even outside of del Toro’s film, the idea of a supernatural being using imitation to manipulate people has been done many times in Western horror. I get that this version ties into Korean mythology, but it didn’t do enough to differentiate itself. If you’ve seen Mimic or similar movies, this one doesn’t add much new.
I don't want to spoil it for others who have not watched it, but that little girl broke my heart.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top