The middle son of the Heisei riders?

The middle child of the Heisei riders?

That's how I always viewed Hibiki.
But, after realizing that I had already finished most of the anime series for 2009, I found myself in need for some serious rider kicking.
So I gave Hibiki a shot.
Just finished episode 20 and I 'm really liking it.
Of course, I found myself kind of speed viewing the battles, but I'm totally digging the story.
Is it wrong to love the plot more than the action in a kamen rider?
Huh, now that I think about it that's never happened in a toku for me.
Mostly the action would save the plot but this time I found myself wanting to see more of Asumu than of the Oni fights.

I'll finish up before I give a full review but right now its seeming more like Hibiki is in the running for most underrated rider series.
Next to X but who gives a damn about X.
 
^
:buttrock:

Amazing what can happen when you TRULY give a series a decent shot, isn't it?
 

I remember feeling that way about hibiki... then came the second half of the series :shakefist
 
I'm probably the only one here who didnt notice any change in the 2nd half rather then the new OP o.o
 
I really, really like what I've watched of Hibiki so far; enough so, in fact, that I'd call it the best of the Heisei shows.

But I also haven't gotten through the first half yet, so I am kind of dreading reaching the point where the original creative staff goes away. I hope the change doesn't turn out to be too drastic...
 
I'm probably the only one here who didnt notice any change in the 2nd half rather then the new OP o.o
Introduction of Kiriya? The dropping of the ending sequence? Asumu losing his intro? The fact that Ibuki suddenly grew a new personality?
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…