The Flashback Interview: Michele Burke

The interview you’re about to read will mark my 200th article for Pop Geeks, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the occasion. Michele Burke is an acclaimed and accomplished makeup artist who has won multiple awards for her work, including two Academy Awards for, respectively, Quest For Fire and Bram Stoker’s Dracula. With a career spanning decades and continents, I knew Ms. Burke would be a fascinating interview subject, so I reached out to her via her website and she agreed to speak to me. This is the end result, and I hope you all enjoy reading it.
mbipic7-300x266.png

Say hello to Michele Burke!

Johnny: You were born in Ireland, and grew up there in a family of 10. As one can often draw inspiration for their future from their family, did you have any family members with connections to the entertainment industry?

Michele: No, absolutely not. I was the only one.

Johnny: Alright. To go to my next question...

Continue reading...

Dracula gave me a nightmares as a Kid so that means her talent in make up is really convincing.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
It seems like so many talented people born in Ireland are part of a large family. Many of the Irish families I know about, if they decide to pursue careers in the entertainment industry, share that goal together. It was surprising to read that she was the only one in her family who went on that path.