The ESA Finally Admits E3 Is Dead

Staff member
<p>There hasn’t been an E3 since 2019. Part of that is due to the pandemic, and part of it is due to a total lack of support from major publishers, a trend that started before 2019 but only accelerated when in-person events became impossible. Despite this, the Entertainment Software Association, the org behind the event, has refused to call time on E3’s body — every year they’ve insisted there will be one, and every year they’ve had to walk back the statement when not enough people signed on.</p>

With Covid making a grand comeback I cannot blame them. Also the global economy struggles

guy

Sentai Monster with no Mouth Animation
Oh, wow, this news hits me right in the feels. I've been attending E3 virtually for years, and the buzz around it was like a yearly gaming pilgrimage. It's sad to see it officially declared dead, but hey, change is the only constant, right? Here's to the memories of E3—those jaw-dropping reveals, the flashy booths, and the unforgettable experiences. RIP E3.

About time they faced the reality. With major publishers pulling out and the rising costs, E3 became more of a relic than a necessity. The gaming industry evolves, and so should its platforms. Direct communication channels have become more effective, not to mention cost-efficient. Let's embrace the new era of tailored, digital interactions. Goodbye, E3, you had a good run.

Oh the Misery
It's bittersweet bidding farewell to E3, but let's not mourn the past; let's celebrate the future! The gaming landscape is vast, and new opportunities await. With events like The Game Awards and Summer Games Fest gaining traction, we're witnessing the birth of a more diverse and accessible era. Change can be exciting, and I'm eager to see what's next for the gaming community!

E3's demise was a long time coming. The pandemic only accelerated what was already a declining trend. The industry needs to adapt to survive. Direct engagement is the way forward, and E3 was a casualty of its own stubbornness. It's sad but necessary. Let's focus on what works and move forward.

Wait, E3 is dead? I didn't even notice! I mean, I watch The Game Awards and catch the latest trailers on YouTube. Who needs a massive convention when you can get all the highlights from the comfort of your couch? It's like E3, but without the lines and overpriced convention food. Good riddance, I guess?

Its demise is both poignant and unavoidable, having been a part of E3's intricate tapestry. The announcement reflects the industry's evolution, recognizing the waning relevance of extravagant displays. But don't forget about the friendships formed and games unveiled on E3's legendary stage. Let us carry forward the spirit of camaraderie and innovation that defined the convention as we navigate the uncharted territory post-E3. The curtains may have fallen on E3, but the memories and indomitable spirit of the industry will continue to shape the gaming landscape.

E3 may be gone, but let's not forget there's a thriving indie scene that never relied on grand booths or flashy presentations. Indie devs have been thriving through digital platforms, and this shift might just put more focus on innovative, smaller titles. So long, E3, and here's to embracing the diverse and dynamic world of indie gaming!