The Empress -A glimpse on the history of Austrian-Hungarian Empire

No Spoilers
Staff member
The Empress is a historical drama series that will introduce you to the Austrian-Hungarian empire. The Crown is ending its 6th Season. Netflix is running out of stories to milk out of the British Monarchs. The lives of the Blue Bloods are fascinating to the general public. The Austrian-Hungarian royal family is a topic that Hollywood only occasionally delves into.
Netflix needs a new historical royal family to give life on screen. We will see the romance between Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska and Archduke Karl Ferdinand of Austria. The series will have six episodes of the life of a woman who rebelled against the rules of the 19th-century Monarchy. This is not the first movie about Emperor Franz Joseph, as the mini series  Sisi is the first one to do...

Continue reading...

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
The Austrian Monarchs got abolished right?

I hate WOKE trash
I dont like monarchy, I want it to be abolished because what makes these people special that they are rich for no reason.

Monarchy is a cultural symbol and I rather be under Monarchy that is constitutional than be in a republic where people elect fascists.

Let there be peace on earth
They cast an adult actress to play her to make it less creepy. Real life Empress Elizabeth got married at age 15.

There will be... a Crisis...
Austrian royales are suppose to be ugly right because of the Hapsburg jaw?

Is this, , the biography of Sissi, the Austrian-Hungarian empress and queen? And if I am, please correct me. As much as I love the Romy Schneider rendition, I found it to be more lighthearted than dramatic. Despite her free-spirited personality, Sissi's life was filled with sadness and confinement.

adventure flute vase
As far as I could tell, this was true to the past. I wasn't convinced by the teaser alone, but this could very well be the most realistic portrayal so far.

Really looking forward to this one. Is there an English-subtitled version available? Personally, I find it more believable when people speak their native tongues. It's clear that this is a European film with American voices.