The Chairman is Level 9 ~ A High School With No Bullies?

cmoneyspinner

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
“The Chairman is Level 9” is a 2024 Korean drama series, with 12 episodes, categorized as Action, High School or Youth, Romance and Comedy (Rom-Com); currently streaming on Viki. SUMMARY: In “The Chairman is Level 9”, a high school kid inherits a prestigious high school and he is supposed to be the Chairman. There’s just once catch. He can’t accept the position unless he is a graduate of that high school. He decides that if he can’t exchange his inheritance, he’ll destroy it. ♦ Meet Me on the Rooftop So We Can Settle Our Differences In “The Chairman is Level 9”, Na Yi-Soo is used to settling matters with his fists. Isn’t that the only way? You get no respect otherwise. At least that’s what he thinks. He also thinks that makes him a winner. He doesn’t like to lose at anything. Not sure how he developed his “attitude”. But it probably had something to do with the relationship he had with his father. Na Yi-Soo and his father didn’t really have a relationship. To hear Yi-Soo’s side of the story, his father avoided him for most of his life. They were not close at all. When his father passed […]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished watching The Chairman is Level 9, and it’s one of those dramas that surprised me! At first, I wasn’t sure how they were going to mix action with comedy in a high school setting, but they actually pulled it off. The chemistry between Na Yi-Soo and Han Ba-Tang was hilarious. That rooftop scene? Totally not what I expected, but it made me laugh! I also loved how the drama touched on some serious issues like bullying but kept it light at the same time. I give it an 8/10, mostly because I wish they had developed Son Eun-Bin’s character a bit more.
 
It was refreshing to watch a high school series where the focus wasn’t solely on torment, but on personal growth and complex relationships. Moon Sung-Hyun really captured Yi-Soo’s internal struggle between wanting to destroy the school and being drawn into its community. I’d recommend this one for anyone looking for a lighter K-drama with a bit of depth.
 
As someone who’s a parent of high school kids, I actually found The Chairman is Level 9 quite charming! The lack of physical bullying was a huge plus for me. There was still some tension, especially with the economic class issues, but it was nice to see that the drama tackled those topics in a way that felt more lighthearted. The characters were engaging, and even though the actors were relatively new, they did a good job bringing the story to life. I’d definitely recommend this as a family-friendly K-drama that teens could watch with their parents.
 
Honestly, this drama didn’t hit the mark for me. I’ve seen too many K-dramas that manage to balance comedy and action far better. Yi-Soo’s character came off as too immature for me to root for him, and I didn’t care much for the way the female characters were portrayed either. The rich girl bullying trope felt overdone, and even though they tried to make it a bit different, it just wasn’t enough to keep me invested. I gave it a shot, but I probably won’t finish the series.
 
I LOVED IT! ? Na Yi-Soo and Han Ba-Tang’s dynamic was so cute and funny. I thought it was gonna be all serious with fighting and stuff, but the way they mixed in the quizzes and humor had me hooked. I wasn’t sure about the whole “destroying the school” thing at first, but it made more sense as the story went on. Plus, I totally ship Yi-Soo and Ba-Tang. They have the best banter!! I’m already hoping for a second season because I need to see what happens next
 
I’ve been watching K-dramas for over 10 years, and this one just didn’t stand out. The concept of inheriting a school was unique, but the way it was executed felt too light and almost silly at times. I’m used to high school dramas having more grit or emotional pull, but this one felt too safe. The characters were alright, but none of them really resonated with me. I won’t say it’s bad, but it’s not one I’ll remember in a few months
 
I really wanted to like The Chairman is Level 9 because I usually enjoy quirky high school dramas, but this just didn’t do it for me. The story felt too scattered, and the whole concept of destroying the school by making the food fancy didn’t make sense. And don’t even get me started on the ethics teacher—she felt so random! I didn’t connect with any of the characters, and I found myself waiting for something interesting to happen. Sadly, it never did.
 
It was refreshing to watch a high school series where the focus wasn’t solely on torment, but on personal growth and complex relationships. Moon Sung-Hyun really captured Yi-Soo’s internal struggle between wanting to destroy the school and being drawn into its community. I’d recommend this one for anyone looking for a lighter K-drama with a bit of depth.
Exactly. And even though you don't know what his relationship was with his father, you got the impression that his father proved his love by leaving him that school. Sometimes kids just don't understand. LOL.
 
I just finished watching The Chairman is Level 9, and it’s one of those dramas that surprised me! At first, I wasn’t sure how they were going to mix action with comedy in a high school setting, but they actually pulled it off. The chemistry between Na Yi-Soo and Han Ba-Tang was hilarious. That rooftop scene? Totally not what I expected, but it made me laugh! I also loved how the drama touched on some serious issues like bullying but kept it light at the same time. I give it an 8/10, mostly because I wish they had developed Son Eun-Bin’s character a bit more.
The rooftop scene had me in stitches. I definitely was not expecting it. LOL.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top