Books Suggestion Thread for Mysteries

I think I've reached my limit of scifi for now and feel like moving back into mysteries and crook style thrillers.

Before I wander over to the local library and raid the shelves I thought I'd ask for some suggestions so that I'm not just randomly grabbing things (although that does work out more often than not). As for the current stuff I'm a fan of Grafton (on the list for the latest) and Block (own most of his work). I've tried Elmore Leonard and P.D. James but feel a bit lost whenever I try and venture into their worlds. I can never seem to find James Twining on the shelf but I rather enjoyed The Double Eagle.

I'll leave it there and see what you guys can throw at me.

There are some wonderful mystery writers out there now. My favorite is Michael Connelly -- he has two series going. I also enjoy Robert Crais, John Sandford, Harlen Coben and Louise Penny. The new Sue Grafton is wonderful. Happy reading!

How about old fashioned Agatha Christie:) l have a big collection that l'm still reading, l've kind of gone off mysteries as l've read so many but its nice to read a couple every so often.

Agatha Christie is wonderful! I started reading her books when I was ten, and still reread my favorites.

How about old fashioned Agatha Christie:) l have a big collection that l'm still reading, l've kind of gone off mysteries as l've read so many but its nice to read a couple every so often.

That is a good series. One of my friends has read it and really likes it.