I think he is not dead, otherwise everything from disc 2 would not make sense.

It's not over yet. In fact, he's actually confirmed it. Before, he said no, after, he said yes. Did you not read the part where he says he likes the idea and may add it to the remake? This implies that his own perspective on his own game FF8 has changed, being that Squall *can* be dead.

I really do not think Squall is dead and he has survived some how, and is alive and well- but they really never in this game, tell you about his wound or how he survived. I would say Squall was wounded pretty bad- and some say Edea healed Squall back to health as well for some reason ?

Administrator
Staff member
Square Enix never confirmed if Kingdom Hearts is canon to Final Fantasy lore but for sure it is not since it is a crossover. Squall is very much alive and kicking on that game.

That Game though shows how Squall Matures. It can be a teaser what a potential VIII-2 will look be like plotwise.

Even though I was never a fan of Final Fantasy 8, but I'm sure as hell that Squall isn't dead because he appeared in Kingdom of hearts. I did wished I was interested in playing FF 8 to know more about the story line, maybe I will still give it a trial in the future.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Squall Leonhear is not dead, and I would never wish not to have featuring in the game anymore. I loved his love life and adventure with Rinoa, they were ready to die for each other. Squall battle with Seifer_Leonhart left him with a scare on the face which I think looks sexy by the way.

I don't think any of us will know for sure. I like to think he is alive and all is sunshine and roses, but that may be because I worked to beat the game. I want a happy ending. But, I also accept there is more decent evidence to point towards the chance that he is dead at the end. I can understand the use of being subtle here; it allows the player to decide for themselves how things end that is fun to look at and try and figure out.

Administrator
Staff member
The music video of eyes on me starts the Squall is dead theory.

His death scene is on that music video which is also the ending.

maxresdefault.jpg

00031.jpg

One thing for sure though, Tidus is actually dead but magically resurrected. Aerith is actually dead for good.

Last edited:
Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
The music video of eyes on my starts the Squall is dead theory.

His death scene is on that music video which is also the ending.

maxresdefault.jpg

00031.jpg

One thing for sure though, Tidus is actually dead. Aerith is actually dead.

The death of Aerith actually pained me a lot but I'm quite sure that Cloud would avenge Aerith's death.

This scene is one of the most prominent evidence theorist use on why Squall is dead. A very scarring photo but makes sense.

endshot8.jpg

Squall is dead and the 3rd disk of the game is just a dream. Squall is having a near death experience. Ultimecia is not really defeated and she is still spreading terror and the remaining heroes are still fighter her.