[Anime] Space Dandy

Feels like a throwback in terms of anime, it is focused exclusively on comedy and lampooning genre conventions rather then just conforming to them as we often see in many modern anime.

Honestly, I wish it would take itself a bit more seriously (especially with such great animation) but overall I am still enjoying the program for what it is.
 
It's all right, but honestly, this show is nothing memorable. Usually I forget what happened two days later and it seems like there is no reason to not do so since the problems are fixed by the next episode. In fact, I think that is the main thing that bothers me. No matter what happens in one episode, it will have no effect on the next. Hopefully there is some inner plot line reason for that.
 
I thought episode was pretty interesting. The first part is doing the attack of the zombies/aliens thing, complete with the kind of synth music that seems like it would be right at home in a 80s sci-fi movie like John Carpenter's The Thing or something. Then the second part is a pretty nice parody of that kind of stuff.
 
Honestly, I wish it would take itself a bit more seriously (especially with such great animation) but overall I am still enjoying the program for what it is.

If it did that, I feel like it was start to rely on a lot of the more modern tropes of anime, which has pretty much completely turned me off to the genre to begin with. And hey, Panty & Stocking did pretty well for itself and it wasn't all that serious

IDK, just my two cents
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top