Sometimes..traditional in Super Sentai that need to be broken down.

LOL, the irony in your post amuses me, considering you do the same thing with male japanese actors.

Be "amused" all you want. Do I demand to see male characters being treated as sex objects, having nothing to do but sit around looking pretty, etc? No. But that's what the fanboys want from women in tokusatsu

Yes; and there are also a lot of male idiot heroes: example: Green racer, Megared, Go-onred, sometimes Goyellow ; Shinkenblue and Shinkengold; you have a character like Change gryphon who could be easily fooled because of his lust for girls; in super sentai the lusty men are also ridiculous.

I agree that some female heroines are somewhat annoying; but they're not the only ones. Besides, in Dekaranger, wasn't Jasmine a good role model? or Saya in Gingaman and Matsuri in GogoV ? Yellow racer was the most sensible of the Carranger.
Even when they aren't the leader, a lot of sentai heroines aren't ridiculous.

That's true. Sometimes it's just a case of "We must make this character do something dumb because otherwise they will be smarter than the Red" which in a series like Go-onger or Hurricaneger where the Red isn't very bright anyway ... means it has to be something really dumb
 
This. Men and women alike are sexual beings, no matter how you deny it, so we buy something if it appeals to us. This is why fanservice sells. Sure men and women try to deny being sexual, but at the end of the day, we are, after all animals, albeit tamed by the rules of society. :disappoin

I have never denied that human beings are sexual beings, male or female; I said "profit comes before ethics" just to make a point, and explain why people are encouraged to do fanservice photos
 
But that's what the fanboys want from women in tokusatsu

Don't be bothered by fanboys who want that( girls treated as sex objects, having nothing to do but sit around looking pretty). Others male fans want great female characters who fight and are strong in toku, because they like interesting female characters (of course, being good looking is great too, but it's not enough (but as a male, I admit that I like that the heroines are pretty)
 
Be "amused" all you want. Do I demand to see male characters being treated as sex objects, having nothing to do but sit around looking pretty, etc? No. But that's what the fanboys want from women in tokusatsu

I'm curious; do you have any examples of fanboys on this board saying or implying that women are only good as sex objects? Because if you don't, then all that you're doing is needlessly antagonizing everyone to no good end. Because from what I've been seeing in this thread, at worst people have been saying that it would be unlikely that there ever be a permanent, regular female red in a super sentai series, not that there cannot or should not be a female red. And there've been more than a few saying that it would be a good development for there to be a permanent, regular female red, myself included.
 
I'm curious; do you have any examples of fanboys on this board saying or implying that women are only good as sex objects? Because if you don't, then all that you're doing is needlessly antagonizing everyone to no good end.

I could drag up some quotes if you wanted. Just for a start the OOO threads would provide some gems

Because from what I've been seeing in this thread, at worst people have been saying that it would be unlikely that there ever be a permanent, regular female red in a super sentai series, not that there cannot or should not be a female red. And there've been more than a few saying that it would be a good development for there to be a permanent, regular female red, myself included.

I'm not the OP but they said it would be good to have a female Black, female Green, male Pink ...
 
Last edited:
I could drag up some quotes if you wanted. Just for a start the OOO threads would provide some gems

I'd appreciate if you'd provide those quotes for me, as I don't feel like digging through hundreds of posts to prove your point for you.

I'm not the OP but they said it would be good to have a female Black, female Green, male Pink ...

Right, all that sort of stuff would fit right in with a Female Red.
 
I'd appreciate if you'd provide those quotes for me, as I don't feel like digging through hundreds of posts to prove your point for you.

The whole of the Henshin Hotties thread would be a start. However I'll see what I can do ...

Right, all that sort of stuff would fit right in with a Female Red.

Red is the main character so a female Red is different from a female Black/Green. What they seem to be getting at (and I would definitely agree with) is "wouldn't it be nice to see more Sentai heroines in colours other than Pink or Yellow"
 
Am I allowed to think of women as a lot more than mere sex objects and have a lot of respect for them, etc. and still ogle them from time to time?

I mean, it can't be helped sometimes...
 
Mako may have some aspiration to be a bride and settle down in the future, but before Shinkenger she was also working as a kindergarten teacher. It is not fair to use Mako as a bad role model for women, since when did wanting to settle down and having a career as a kindergarten teacher defined as a negative trait?



You left out Gokai Green/Don, who is a coward and gets routinely beat up by Luka. If he were a woman then imagine the sexist stereotype she'd portray.

You can't use logic with LC. :laugh:
 
You can't use logic with LC. :laugh:

It's actually kind of annoying, as Shinkenger did have an episode that suffered greatly from sexism; it's the one where Takeru is divying up the auxiliary Origami mechs, and Chiaki is shocked that he doesn't get the third one despite consistently being the worst at Mojikara, and all throughout they act like Mako is just a temporary placeholder while Chiaki gets his **** together, even though there's no good reason why this should be. Mako wanting to be a housewife after saving the world from evil? Not sexist, that was her choice in her life path, and the only way one could construe it as being bad is if one construed being feminine as bad, and that to me seems far more sexist than anything else.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top