So I find I don't enjoy Super Sentai...

Most pre-Dekaranger series aren't subbed though, so they can be harder to get into. There's also a pretty big divide between Sentai before about 2001 and Sentai afterwards (I still say Gaoranger started the rot with the bloody 100 Power Animals!) so if you're into stuff from the Bioman-Fiveman era, you may not like the newer shows ...
 
Older Sentai id advise

1 Battle Fever J
2 Flashman
3 Change man
4 Ohranger
5 Megaranger[ not Old in my view but Old in Mosteyes]
6 Carranger
7 Shinesman[ Is an Anime [Hikaruon is for metal Heros What this is this is for Sentai]
 
Older Sentai id advise

1 Battle Fever J
2 Flashman
3 Change man
4 Ohranger
5 Megaranger[ not Old in my view but Old in Mosteyes]
6 Carranger
7 Shinesman[ Is an Anime [Hikaruon is for metal Heros What this is this is for Sentai]

Megaranger was the 1997 Sentai, its theme was technology. At the time it must've looked really flash and hi-tech but now it's pretty dated, a good series though IMO and worth watching. TVN began subbing it but didn't get very far, so you would have to watch most of it without subtitles :( Shinesman is a parody anime where five office workers become a Super Sentai team
 
I can say safely, from various....testing of waters... the newer Sentai I do not enjoy.

I'm not sure why. Just...the feeling is different. I love the feel of the effects and the fights of the old school shows, it can often make up for even poor stories and terrible dubs.

Though to the Bioman dub's credit, the SCRIPT is just fine. Its the voice actors. They're...hilariously bad.

Still, thanks for the advice. I'll keep a running commentary of sorts on how things go as I venture deeper into the pit of super sentai insanity.
 
I know what you mean with the effects. I know Rider has a lot more stuff than it used to, too, but I feel like it's a lot more prominent with Sentai simply because there's a team. That means most of the time, the team gets flashy, underwhelming fights that could have been a lot better.
 
Well, if you don't enjoy watching Sentai that often, then there's nothing wrong with it. But, if you want to really enjoy some of the good sentais that are building up the purposes of the team's importance, then I would recommend that you watch the following:

-Mirai Sentai Timeranger
-Mahou Sentai Magiranger
-Juuken Sentai Gekiranger
-Gosei Sentai Dairanger
-Seijuu Sentai Gingaman
-Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGo-V
-Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
-Choujuu Sentai Liveman
-Denji Sentai Megaranger
 
Before you give up Sentai completely, I beg of you to at least try J.A.K.Q, Turboranger, Dairanger, Kakuranger, and Timeranger

They are God Tier Sentai
 
Before you give up Sentai completely, I beg of you to at least try J.A.K.Q, Turboranger, Dairanger, Kakuranger, and Timeranger

They are God Tier Sentai

I'm in the process of watching Dairanger, but unfortunately TV Nihon only subbed it up to ep 30 only. I also want to watch Timeranger, but I haven't found a site that has subbed this series completely yet.
 
Last edited:
I'm in the process of watching Dairanger, but unfortunately TV Nihon only subbed it up to ep 30 only. I also want to watch Timeranger, but I haven't found a site that has subbed this series completely yet.

Well you can always just watch the raws and get a feel for whats going on
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top