Personally, I hated Verses. To me, it just seemed like the Director &/or writer just couldn't make up their mind on what type of movie they wanted to make. At times it was a Zombie flick, others it was an action flick, other's it was a Matrix inspired flick...
This movie was also REALLY built up for me from some people as the "GREATEST MOVIE EVER FILMED"....so I also could have had high expetations on the movie and it just didn't live up to what I was expecting.
Personally, I hated Verses. To me, it just seemed like the Director &/or writer just couldn't make up their mind on what type of movie they wanted to make. At times it was a Zombie flick, others it was an action flick, other's it was a Matrix inspired flick...
That's why I liked it. Variety. It was trying to outdo the Matrix (and did, as far as I'm concerned), not BE the Matrix like damn near every other action movie that comes out nowadays.
Versus is a flick to have fun with. You really need to watch the movie with the audio commentary. The commentary is so much fun and helps you understand the true purpose they really have with the movie.