Shurikenger - Why is he popular?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kamen Rider IXA
  • Start date Start date
I'm ok with people loving whatever they love.
I just don't get why Hurricanger considered by so many as the best Sentai of 2000s.

I've only seen the movie and its crossover with Abaranger. I haven't thought of watching the series either, though Shurikenger was interesting for three minutes. The only characters that really appeal to me are the Thunder Rangers and HurricaneBlue's relationship with Stag Ranger, but as a whole? I find the American adaptation's execution of the concept to be better than Hurricanger's execution. The backstories of the Wind Rangers appealed to me far more than their Japanese counterparts because HurricaneRed was a punk, Yellow was bland and Blue had a few things in the personality department going for her character.

Because Shurikenger was a mere fan service legacy hero, there was nothing about him that really made the hero to be compelling. When I first seen some clips all I seen were just random people that were hosts. How Shurikenger barely interacted with the main team [as much as I know] didn't make me consider picking up the series for consideration.

In contrast, Cam or the Samurai Green Ranger, had more involved in his storyline because he had three seasons of Billy's development jammed into it. I've had the same issues with Omega Ranger in Power Rangers SPD. In fact, I'd rather have had Kid Sam be the Omega Ranger because it would've created more of a dynamic shakeup of the team itself. Having to deal with the ramifications of a child being a Power Ranger in a world where Power Rangers and Aliens have been a reality is more interesting than a glowing orb flying around.

Then again, I don't mind younger actors playing these kind of roles because of its rarity and how it can contribute to the team dynamic. When the majority of the warriors are adults or teenagers, having someone that is an outsider helps bring a new viewpoint and perspective to the team as a whole. But having that outsider be some 10 year old boy using his powers like any kid his age? Or being more mature than other members of the group? Priceless.

As long as it's not like the kids in Kamen Rider Black, they could have a team of child
 
One thing that always puzzled me was how people complained about the Thunder Rangers aligning with Lothor despite him having attacked their school and abducted their peers... and yet virtually the same thing occurred in Hurri and nary a word was said about it.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that it may have mostly been the power rangers fans who didn't see Hurricanger & know about the twist involving the thunder rangers.


As for why do people love Shurikenger it might be because we don't really know what he looks like as he is always using the transformation jutsu to resemble past rangers. & that he never hangs around the team like other 6th rangers hang around thiers.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top