SERENITY: Firefly the Movie

I don't see Wash's death being easy drama.

Also, it comes down to if you want to understand it. If you don't, and don't want to accept it, you're not going to. Watch it as many times as you like, but unless you want to get it and believe what Alan and Joss did was in the best interest of the story, you just won't.
 
But why should I just blindly accept it was the best possible way for the story just because Joss says it was? I'm not asking this in anger, I honestly don't get it. I can come up with better ways to serve the story...I already have. Why does everyone just blindly accept it?
 
What story structure does it serve? How does killing a major character add anything? I heard the creator's explanation, but that still doesn't make sense. I would've thought everyone was gonna die anyway, there was no need to ACTUALLY kill anyone, least of all one of the best characters.

I'm serious Keith, explain it to me. I honestly don't understand.
 
Saw it again. And you know what? Killing Wash will never be the right decision. But if I'm gonna make these adventures so important to me that I will experience real grief over a fictional character, then it would be a real disservice to that man to try and keep him from flyin' on in my heart. It's a good movie, and it's a good continuation of the series. Now, time to go buy a copy of this for me and everyone I know, and see if we can't get us a new ship.

Let me go get my coat.
 
Well... I didn't like how Joss killed off Wash either... but, I think it raised a bar for Zoe a little bit and made her tougher... I think...
 
VengeanceGOD said:
Saw it again. And you know what? Killing Wash will never be the right decision. But if I'm gonna make these adventures so important to me that I will experience real grief over a fictional character, then it would be a real disservice to that man to try and keep him from flyin' on in my heart. It's a good movie, and it's a good continuation of the series. Now, time to go buy a copy of this for me and everyone I know, and see if we can't get us a new ship.

Let me go get my coat.

Exactally.

It's something you have to figure for yourself. While for me I feel it does give the film what it needs at the right spot, but I could never feel that the killing of Wash was a "right decision." He was one of my favorite characters. But the whole universe, ship and characters are my favorite and like them I want to continue on... I want to keep adventuring and like them I shall carry the grief of the loss of Wash with me.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top