I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to go into this movie thinking it's just another Michael Cera comedy and are going to end up thoroughly confused.
just watched it just awhile ago, i liked it.... then again i'm a sucker for anything that combines good video game elements(shenanigans) with anything.
I just saw this movie today with my girlfriend for our anniversary. It was amazing. Now I have no idea how the original comic was, but I have to say I enjoy this movie because it never tried to be "real". Sure it's a live action adaptation with real people, but what I think would have seriously killed this movie is if they tried to make it more "realistic" (like they do with every freaking adaptation :redface2
I was also fairly surprised at how the fights went :laugh: Because if you're only watching the TV trailers (like I've been) the fights look very tame...then you see the movie and it's just...so...EPIC! :buttrock:
Everyone should see this movie, and I think it has stuff for everyone to love it. The only people that probably wouldn't like this movie are people that are 90 :laugh:
I'm having kinda mixed feeling about this. The movie pretty much quoted the comic word for word 90% of the time and had the same senses which is all I ever wanted in a movie adaptation but it didn't seem as funny as the comic. Maybe it's just cause I already knew what would happen or maybe it just didn't translate as well into real life for me and if that's the case then I give up on comic/anime/etc. adaptations cause this was the closest one by far.
Also what was up with the twins going completely off canon?