I remember playing Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game back in college with my friends on the couch. It was one of the few games that really nailed the arcade brawler feel while still having heart and humor. Seeing this sequel—Scott Pilgrim EX—makes me genuinely excited. I always thought the original deserved more attention, and now with Bryan Lee O'Malley and Anamanaguchi involved again, it feels like the right team is back.
I preordered the Deluxe Edition because the comic and soundtrack feel like important parts of the whole experience. I collect vinyl and game soundtracks, and Anamanaguchi's music still holds up after more than a decade.
I do think $174.99 is too much, though. The Ultimate Edition sounds cool, but for me, it's too expensive for a game that hasn’t even shown much gameplay yet. Still, I'm just glad Scott Pilgrim is relevant again. The world is more stressful than ever, and this kind of nostalgic fun feels needed. I hope they don’t mess it up. I’d rather wait a bit longer if it means the game is solid.