"Road to the Rising Sun" - Japan: Part I

J-Caizer said:
More story! More!
CHiLL said:
When's the next part??:198:

Wow. It's Densha Otoko all over again.:P

When I find the right time to be able to type, I'll post.

The next part's a little personal but it's pretty important since it's one of the reasons about why I left Canada behind.
 
Sage Shinigami said:
Really? Question: How many hours in a week did you work while you were there, typically?
I was under contract with my belgian company and sent to the offices of our Japanese counterpart in the context of a joint-venture kind of thing. Since I was under belgian contract, I had 'regular' belgian office hours (9-17, 5 days a week). However, once you're there you automatically get sucked into the local working hours and mostly I worked a lot more than the 'official' hours. It wasn't unusual to work like from 6:30 till 23:00 on weekdays and sometimes do some teleworking at my appartment on Saturdays. On the other hand, I did have regular 'dead moments' at the office in the middle of the day, during which time I could catch up on my private mails and stuff like that.
In average, I think I easily worked about 70 hours a week.

Sorry for the thread hijack m(_ _)m
 
kyo28 said:
I was under contract with my belgian company and sent to the offices of our Japanese counterpart in the context of a joint-venture kind of thing. Since I was under belgian contract, I had 'regular' belgian office hours (9-17, 5 days a week). However, once you're there you automatically get sucked into the local working hours and mostly I worked a lot more than the 'official' hours. It wasn't unusual to work like from 6:30 till 23:00 on weekdays and sometimes do some teleworking at my appartment on Saturdays. On the other hand, I did have regular 'dead moments' at the office in the middle of the day, during which time I could catch up on my private mails and stuff like that.
In average, I think I easily worked about 70 hours a week.

Sorry for the thread hijack m(_ _)m


*blink blink* Holy ****! That's ridiculous. Granted, there are almost 170 hours in a week, so that still leaves 100 hours for....passing out in utter exhaustion. :laugh:

Damn, who knew office jobs were so stressful. I mean, I know people who go to work from 2:30 to 14:30 every day (or 2:30AM to 2:30PM for us folks not working on a 24hr clock), but those are retail jobs.

As for the thread hijack, that's sorta my fault. I got curious, after all. :anime:
 
You know what's funny... I've been to Japan 3 times and I haven't had sex with anyone who's Japanese.... hmm perhaps it's different coming from girls :) Maybe this 4th time will be the charm.
 
Well, I'd think you having a boyfriend would have something to do with that. :anime:

Amoung my people, those that're taken don't often hook up with other people.... often. :P
 
Yeah, last summer when I went I had a boyfriend, but not the summer before, and the other time before that. So 1 out of 3 times I've gone I've had someone :)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top