Revisiting Aerith's Scene: Why It Still Makes Us Cry

Okay, can we just take a moment to talk about that scene? You know the one! Aerith's fate in FFVII is still one of the most gut-wrenching moments in gaming history, like, almost 30 years later! Every time I replay the game, I still get emotional. The way the music swells, Uematsu’s genius shining through as the heart-wrenching melodies kick in… it’s just perfection!

I remember the first time I played this as a teenager. I thought I was prepared for anything but that. I had to pause the game and just process what had happened. It genuinely felt like losing a close friend, and I can't be the only one who feels that way!

And even in the Remake, they’ve added more layers to her character, making it even harder to deal with that moment when it arrives. I really appreciate how they’re teasing that fate without giving it away (at least for now!). Does anyone else think they might change it up this time around? I mean, we can dream, right??

What are your thoughts? Did this scene hit you as hard as it hit me? Or do you have other moments from the series that still tug at your heartstrings? Let’s get emotional!
 
Absolutely! Aerith’s scene is still so iconic and devastating! I remember feeling completely blindsided the first time I played FFVII. The build-up of her character's warmth and kindness makes that moment hit even harder! And you're right about the music, Uematsu's score elevates the emotional weight so perfectly; it was one of those times I felt like the music itself was crying along with us!

I’m really curious about the Remake, especially since they’re fleshing her character out more. It’s interesting how they’re playing with our expectations, and I can’t help but wonder if they’ll give us any surprises this time around. Maybe a twist that keeps the essence of her fate but changes how we experience it? It's such a tantalizing thought!

What do you think about the way they've developed other characters in the Remake? I'm all for more emotional moments, but I hope they keep the balance and respect the original story!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top