Review: Trans Armour Kamen Rider Figures

Kamen Rider Zanki


In box

This review ( will be very brief) will cover Kamen Rider Zanki, from the show Kamen Rider Hibiki


Accessories

Accessories EXACTLY the same as Todoroki (with differences in color. Refer to Todoroki review.


YOU blew up the Hitler building! ( Only fellow MST3k fans will understand this)

Zanki is a rider in the Hibiki story line that trains the man that becomes Kamen Rider Todoroki. Their armour looks exactly alike, except in color.


"Come on! Revolver Mammoth---oh wait, wrong show..."


Close-up

Zanki, like Hibiki Kurenai to Hibiki, is a repaint of Todoroki, but a little lazier. Hibiki Kurenai may have only been a repaint, but they repainted his whole body, with Zanki, they took the Todoroki mold, and changed the silver areas on Todoroki to gold.....That's it. I would have preferred if Zanki's body had been black instead of green. It may not have been show accurate, but it would have accented the gold so much better, and would have justified his purchase.

So I'll put this plainly. If you have Todoroki, I mean, in all seriousness, you DON'T NEED Zanki. With Hibiki Kurenai, it's a little different because the majority of his body is repainted, but Zanki is a big BIG disappointment. Not that the toy mold is bad, but hey, It's like I basically paid for Todoroki TWICE

Availability: Easy to get, brand new toy
Price: $14.99-$29.99 (not worth it)
Rating: 3/10 if you have Todoroki, 7/10 if you don't. But if you don't I reccomend Todoroki instead anyway, the silver is accented with the green much better than the gold. Refer to my Todoroki review for comparisons of his awesomeness.

Conclusion: Todoroki is "teh cool", while Zanki is like...Well how can I put this.. He's a toy incarnation of a cock-block. He's "Souchaku Henshin Cock-Block"!
 
Space Sheriff Gavan Review!


In this box, contains not only proof of God, but also that he loves us

This review will be monumental, it will be historic, AND YOU'RE HERE TO WITNESS IT! HOLY S@#%! Pat yourself on the back! Because this review is the first Souchaku Henshin toy that isn't from the Kamen Rider vehicle!

Rejoice with me!

For now I review, my, and surely yours, favorite space law enforcer, Space Sheriff Gavan!


Accessories

Accessories
Gavan Body
Chest Armour
Arm pad Armour
Thigh Armour
Leg Armour
Wrist Armour
Helmet
Sword
Sword (in Laser Blade mode)


Let's watch Gavan transform into his armour suit, it only takes 0.05 seconds!


Uchuu Keiji Gyaban!


Close-up

Finally, I get a toy of my favorite Toku hero, EVER. Space Sheriff Gavan, the first of the Metal Heroes , and arguably the best.

Thing is, for someone who is unfamiliar with the show, Gavan actually looks rather plain, and has often been confused as a robot, or android, but in actuality, Gavan is a Universal Police Officer that transforms into his suit to increase his fighting capabilities and protect himself from alien criminals (Double Monsters) led by the crime lord, Don Horror (Houra).


It's time to get serious!

Design:Gavan is wonderfully designed,and exactly faithful to the show's original design of the armour suit. My only complaints is that his head (helmetless) doesn't look much look like Len (Gavan's alias on Earth), but then again, I can't ask EVERYTHING of the toy, and they accomplished a great deal with the toy.

Durability: Gavan is very durable, like the recent Hibiki and Blade figures. Only his silver armour attatchments are die-cast, and I think it works better that way, because, for example, my older "Classic Riders" (who are mostly Die-Cast) have wobbly legs.


Laser Blade!

Availability: Brand Spank in the ass new, plenty on eBay
Price: $24.99-$29.99
Availability: 10/10 An excellent toy. Definitely worth his price,which is a bit more than usual for a new Souchaku Henshin (Though I don't know why)

The review is done, but I will be putting up some more pics of him later tonight, so stay tuned!
 
Space Sheriff Gavan said:
This review will be monumental, it will be historic, AND YOU'RE HERE TO WITNESS IT! HOLY S@#%! Pat yourself on the back! Because this review is the first Souchaku Henshin toy that isn't from the Kamen Rider vehicle!
Actually he's not, there were others armour trans before him that aren't Kamen Riders.
 
Takumi said:
Actually he's not, there were others armour trans before him that aren't Kamen Riders.
Winspector being one of them!!


But anyway, this Gavan action figure looks awesome!! I'm hoping to buy it!! :jam:
 
Nice reviews. I might actually cave in and get Gavan, he's cheaper at Yodobashi than anywhere else (along with Blade King Form for only 1700 Yen-!)

I actually liked Zanki...granted he's just a repaint of Todoroki (as all Zanki toys are!) but the Hibiki Rider Souchaku-Henshin figures are good enough that I don't mind owning two of nearly-the-same figure. Although now I wish they had waited until after he gets his new colored guitar on the show and made one his discs the Zanki-only gold wolf one.
 
Just got ahold of the Sheriff himself.

Overall a nice figure, good use of plastic and metal. The helmet is especially impressive. The swords are pretty cool too.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…