Red Rangers' Battlizers: Advantages and Disadvantages

Sentaifan'07 Xman

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
This is my first and final Power Rangers topic before Jungle Fury comes.

I know some of you guys have loves and hates on the directions of the Red Rangers nowadays but does anyone wish to share their opinion on the advantages and disadvantages to the Battlizers?

From PRiS-PROO, Andros-Mack.

If you wish to break it down to the Pros and Cons, be my guest but remember explain your answers in a creative manner and give out good reasons why.

L8TER.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Andros's battlizer was the coolest thing when I was a kid. I even loved the ridiculous abs.

Nowadays...they're nothing special. I'm not too fond of the CG. I can't think of any recent ones I've particularly liked...besides Andros's, RedSavageWarrior and the one in Mystic Force were good imo.
 
Andros/Red Battlized Armor:

Like I said before, "firmly toned" and that alone creeped me out. So what differs that from Xander's "muscles?" Well, it was just a magic spell, that same spell would evolve into rock armor in the later series. Andros' "muscles" just came out of nowhere and compared to Xander, that was just creepy. What made up for it was Andros' offensive capabilities, a missile barrage as a finisher, can't get any better than that.

Leo/Red Armored Ranger:

Again, I dubbed it the "I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up!" Armor just because of the overall top heavy bulk Leo has to deal with. If an enemy wanted to be a serious threat, he could of just pushed Leo over and he would be lying there like a turtle or a beetle. What made it awesome, is that it was probably the only battlizer that executed a "head shot" by restraining the enemy with oversized claws; in this case on Trakeena. Not only that, at point blank range, that alone proved the power of a battlizer when used in desperate times.

Carter/Trans-Armored Cycle:

Lightspeed somewhat had the right idea of a "balanced" type armor; as well as one which doubles as transportation. However, the overall offensive capabilities were a bit of an oddity. Skis and Big-O Tires for weapons. Honestly, the tires were better off being used for hovering rather than being a fully offensive weapon. In addition, I also felt that the battlizer could have been used in air and water battles just because of the way it was designed. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Wes/Battle Warrior Armor:

So as many pointed out, it makes Wes look like a flaming chicken. Okay, so it does. I doesn't mean its that bad. I can honestly say, that it was getting close to an armor's efficiency in ground fighting. However, what made it out of place is that Wes had to swing that huge frickin sword

Cole/Animarium Armor:

Another "balanced" armor; however, I felt it was a little too bland...wings and stuff, like we haven't seen that before whether it was from Japan or America. However, I did like the overall defensive capability of the armor; ala Wing Shield. In a way, Cole was like an miniature Isis Megazord. In addition, it demonstrated the vulnerability of the armor as Master Org took out Cole with no problem in their battle.

Shane/Tri-Battlized Armor:

If I had to pick between all of the armors, I liked this one. Honestly, I prefer the Ground Mode over the flight mode because Ground Mode demonstrated increase in attributes in hand-to-hand combat. The fight with Vexacus proved that Battlizer don't need to be uber power, but just enough to edge the bad guy. That and the multiple DBZ references, I ended up liking it. The bad part is that when it converted into Flight Mode, it didn't feel like anything new was added beside just wings. Even further, this started the whole "Lame Laser" finisher bit, which just ruined the overall quality of the armor.

Conner/Triassic Battlizer:

Oh how I loathe this armor and Conner's constant rambling of "Super Fire Power" killed it even further. If there was one term to describe this armor..."EXCESSIVE." Too much was crammed into this armor when it didn't even have to be. The "Go Go Triassic Arms & Legs" just looked too goofy. I know those attributes were intended to be put in good use. It just looked to funny, even in moments when you're supposed to look at it a bit seriously. Dragon Yo-Yo, nifty idea on paper, but when it was done overall, the results were a bit odd. And when Conner yelled "Battle Blast!"...I end up thinking..."Lisa (Simpson) needs braces!"...and I don't know why! Perhaps because it rhymes a little.

Jack/S.P.D. Battlizer:

Low and behold, the almighty "Battle Thong"...why designer decided to put that, I don't know. This is why I just picture Jack without it and the overall design would improve. He did not need that "Cyber Diaper"...if this was a running gag by producers for viewers to "Do No Evil"...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Anyway, in ground form, it resembled those of a fencer...thus giving the nickname "Brave Fencer Red SPD." The sequence itself was a bit comical because it resembled "a boy and his dog" routine. In its final form, and Jack screamed "FIRE!" and does a slash attack. That was weird. I know slash projectiles could be fired, but the way it was done, it sounded like Jack was holding a gun, yet it was a sword; thank goodness the Dekaranger version turned the sword into a gun because it made the attack more logical.

Nick/Red Dragon Fire Ranger

I know Power Rangers is an off-shoot of Super Sentai, yet I got the impression of Kamen Rider Hibiki; just the design of the helmet and the sticks gave me that impression. Yeah, Nick has wings and his throws his sticks like boomerangs, but I couldn't help wonder if Nick was going to put an Ongekiko on Oculus then beat the **** out of him with his sticks. That alone wanted me to crack up laughing; while Nick's overall battle was serious. The transformation was pretty good, Nick riding "Phineas Norbert, Jr." before doing the their rendition of a DBZ Fusion Dance.

Mack/Red Sentinel Ranger

Before I start, most people already knew that Mack's Armor involved him fusing with "Zuban." That alone, people started getting creeped out by the concept. To start, once again Power Rangers referencing Kamen Rider. This time it being Zeronos Vega Form. If you put Mack and Yuuto side by side, the similarities are somewhat interesting. Hell, I can even see Sentinel Knight saying "Let me tell you from the start...the face on my chest is a decoration." After dealing with that, Mack's fighting ability is almost on par with Shane's Ground Mode and that alone is awesome, a sense of balance yet you can feel the speed and power of it. In addition, I'm happy that during the finisher, Mack does not yap anything stupid during his final attack and just goes in there screaming like "Braveheart" and opening a can on whoop-ass on everybody.




What holds for the future regarding Casey/Jungle Fury Red Ranger...

I wish for Casey to summon his Tiger Spirit which evolves into fighting armor that is great for ground battle (like Shane) with no flight or anything fancy, just some high powered armor to just break anything and everything..............yeah right:shakefist

People fear that RoboTough will end up fusing with Casey and since "Zuban" (or should I say Sentinel Knight) fused with Mack, I wouldn't be surprised.

Disney would of course do it their way and we'd get Casey fusing with "RoboTough" adding a hint of Kamen Rider Kiva in its design.:sly:


I'm done with Red Battlizer Armors...overall, I did not like them, but there were elements that I did like, its just the bad outnumbered the good qualities.

Next time...I will review my favorite armors in the PR Universe...the "Mighty Megabattle"
 
Last edited:
Favorite battlizers are the NS, SPD, and MF ones. NS has to be the best one so far. It was fun seeing it take on hordes of monsters and send generals flying through the air.
 
I only liked Jack/SPD Red's battalizer, i think most of the rest look too clunky and combersome.

Jack's was too, but it still looked cool.

I guess I'd really rather not see Jungle Fury Red have one.

Edit:

I forgot about MagiRed's, I actually really liked his. Reminded me a lot of Hibiki.
 
Last edited:
Andros/Red Battlized Armor:

Like I said before, "firmly toned" and that alone creeped me out. So what differs that from Xander's "muscles?" Well, it was just a magic spell, that same spell would evolve into rock armor in the later series. Andros' "muscles" just came out of nowhere and compared to Xander, that was just creepy. What made up for it was Andros' offensive capabilities, a missile barrage as a finisher, can't get any better than that.

I always figured Andros' mysterious muscles were a suit or an armor provided by the Battlizer.
 
I'll admit it, I actually liked the Sential Red Ranger out of all the other battlizers that one didn't really seem too over powered I also liked the SPD Battlizer.

I never did like Leo's battlizer, it was just too bulky for my tastes plus it didn't fit with the overall theme Battlizers always gave me something to look forward to though
 
well the effects transformation have gotten better over the years which is good...

Andros...kind of bland.

Leo... Top heavy with questionable weapons (Grappler hooks?)

Carter... Good design but the actual blast it fired was pretty weak, bottle rocket esque-type force.

Chad & Joel... I would put the Mega Battles in here, I liked Chad's MB, Joe's not so much.

Wes... Another good design held back by the transformation sequence and the sword itself looked funny. Also I think this is the first time we see the gold plated crotch.

Eric... BATTLE on Roller SKATES!

Cole... I almost liked it except the backpack and the GOLD GLOVES OF DOOM, kind of distract from the look of it.

Shane... This is what I feld Cole's design should have been. Aerial mode, SUPER Energy blast finisher, YES.

Connor... I REALLY liked his transformation sequence with the fire kick and everything. I could deal with the yo-yo or the cannons as main weapons but having both was over the top and hurt it IMO.

Nick... Combination of a wizard and a samuari I guess. I liked the finisher a lot although I don't think it was ever actually named in the show.

Mack... Wasn't really a big fan of the transformation sequence or the Music. Sword mode I didn't really dig either. One of the weaker ones in recent memory.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top