Rare - Mazinger Z official Toei English dub! NOT Tranzor Z!

It was the toei commissioned hawaiian dub. Some episodes of which were shown in the Philippines. I do not plan to put up any more eps. Just this one.


Sentimental value heh heh.
 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qvWvu8-RIvc part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IM__yrpT878 part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8-6G4SAJsrI part 3

The episode is "The Fearful Three Headed Monster"
I chose to upload this particular episode because it is the FIRST Mazinger Z episode I ever watched and got me hooked.

This was pretty cool! Thanks for posting this!

I saw a clip of another dubbed Hawaiian episode years ago (the episode with Deviler X-1), so it's great to see a whole episode. (I'm still glad that I have neither seen nor heard any trace of Tranzor Z!) The dub is almost as good as a Titra dub!

This episode is a big highlight in the series, in that it is one of two episodes (including the first episode) to use Akira Ifukube's music from The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon (at the 2:54 mark to 5:30 in Part 3)! Great use of Ifukube's music in a great scene. :buttrock:
 
That and Kouji's flying technique was so memorable that a special edition Soul of Chogokin toy enables you to duplicate it!
 
That and Kouji's flying technique was so memorable that a special edition Soul of Chogokin toy enables you to duplicate it!

I was especially psyched with the scene where Mazinger started running so fast (faster than normal, even)! And yeah, that was a cool flying technique (predating the Jet Scrander)!
 
Last edited:
I was especially psyched with the scene where Mazinger started running so fast (faster than normal, even)! And yeah, that was a cool flying technique (predating the Jet Scrander)!

In retrospect, all that running around was unnecessary really, except to provide tension and drama.

But otherwise, the music and animation was perfect, and it really establishes the character of Kouji Kabuto as a no-nonsense, hot blooded, "heck, I'll find a way to win no matter what" kind of guy.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top