Rare items you want to own but probably never will

SamuraiEchidna

Active Member
If this has more of a place in Commerce Planet, feel free to move it there. Hopefully, this conversation will cover things that aren't normally sold to the public.

So, I was thinking, what are some really rare things that you would love to own but never will?

Tops on my list, because this one is actually more possible, are the various, officially licensed, Japanese-exclusive tokusatsu clothing items (specifically those jackets and stuff from Super Sentai and Kamen Rider that you can only get with 3rd party help). These things are expensive and not easy to come by. But hey, I have a BoukenRed Jacket, so I'll call it even.

Speaking of, I'd also like to own the Green Ranger/Dragon Ranger golden shield from MMPR/ZyuRanger. Not the clothy MMPR version, the more solid kind from ZyuRanger. But most people don't sell this without trying the sell the entire costume with it, and even if I could find it, it'll probably cost a few hundred dollars. Still, if it costs cheaper than an official Dino Buckler toy from Japan, I'd get it first.

I want to own that Aggro Crag trophy from Nickelodeon Guts. This is REALLY rare. Not sure why, just always thought it was awesome. I might be willing to own a REALLY convincing replica, but nothing can beat the real deal.

Soap Shoes and Sonic's shoes. Just about any fan of Sonic the Hedgehog can tell you what Soap Shoes are (Hint: Sonic Adventure 2). I don't even do any rollerblading or skateboarding, but I would love to own a pair of Soap Shoes. And I'd like to own a pair of Sonic's iconic shoes. I've seen people making replicas and showing you how to do it on Youtube, but the end result was never enough to make me want it. Knuckles' shoes would also be awesome to own.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There are some old PS1 games that I'd like to get physical copies of. Those are starting to get pretty rare.

Also, unabridged copies of all three seasons of Redwall. (This show got Funimation DVD releases, but was cut down from it's original version to make season one's story less spread out. They then did it with seasons two & three to make them all uniform with rather... lackluster results. Season three was my favorite when it aired, yet I refuse to buy the **** cut down version where they cut out most of the emotional stuff from the show, just leaving you with the minor character plots & badly animated action sequences.
 
Last edited:
this...

[HIDE]
hwang-mi-hee.jpg
[/HIDE]
 
Kamen Rider Role Playing toys, like belts and stuff.

Get a job, get an eBay account and you are settled. :V That's what I did, anyway (though not primarily to get toys : V)

I'd love to have a somewhat authentic-looking/sounding Tricorder-prop some day, maybe. 8D
 
:laugh: Okay people, jokes a side, this is a topic about ITEMS you'd like to own, not people or kinds of people. ...Unless you're the kind of person who thinks people are things, in which case... :sly:

Speaking of cosplay items, I'd love to own a Tokusatsu helmet that was actually show accurate. The simpler ones are hard to mess up, but the others that are more complex, no one on ebay gets it right. All the helmets from Kamen Rider The First/The Next split open from the side rather than having detachable jaw pieces, none of the DekaRanger/SPD helmets seem to light up on the sides or have siren sounds, visible clips on the sides that were never there in the actual show, giving lights in the helmets the wrong color, adding lights to helmets that were never there before in the show, details that make it less and less show-accurate, and so on. Whenever I search for these helmets on ebay, it just goes from acceptable to worse and worse.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top