R5 Central: Podcasting at it's finest....maybe

Recently, some people have come forward asking about applying to Otaku USA to be contributors and wanting to list me as a reference or to use me as a direct line to the people in charge.

Now I agreed to these initial requests but I've got a feeling that more will come. When I first announced that I got the job, I had multiple emails from people wanting their stuff plugged or an instant job. I turned them down but I know there are still some people who would want to try and take advantage.

So I've decided to finally put my foot down. ong and short of it; Do NOT contact me about "plugging your stuff" to the editor. I'll give advice but do not expect me to plug your latest fic or band or anything along those lines to me either on HJU, the blogs, or in my email. Extra point deduction if you try to find my AIM screen names or pester me on Google Mail about it. Anything of the sort WILL be ignored and deleted.

In addition, if you wish to try and send a mail to the editors of OUSA, do NOT drop my name in like it's the End All Reference to get you hired. Just because I lucked out with this gig doesn't mean you can hitch on for the ride.

I know I sound like an ass when saying that but I only recently got this gig and I'd rather not lose it because of a "Sea of Newbs" as a friend put it. That is all.
 
Mike's invasion of AWO # 60 could be summed up with the followign tidbit by Gerald : "Oh Crikey Moses".

That, incidently, needs to be picked up as a catchphrase by ether you or Gerald.
 
So Mike...

I heard your many plugs about this Otaku USA thing, and I thought, well I'm interested, but they wouldn't sell Otaku USA here in Canada.

Then I saw the specific issue you advertised at my grocery store. I also saw the $15 price tag, which is rediculous considering the Canadian Doller is better than the American now.

So Mike... sell it to me. Why would this mag be worth the $15. Give me a pitch that makes me want to spend my poor destitute student money. convince me of this mags vital worth.
 
So Mike...

I heard your many plugs about this Otaku USA thing, and I thought, well I'm interested, but they wouldn't sell Otaku USA here in Canada.

Then I saw the specific issue you advertised at my grocery store. I also saw the $15 price tag, which is rediculous considering the Canadian Doller is better than the American now.

So Mike... sell it to me. Why would this mag be worth the $15. Give me a pitch that makes me want to spend my poor destitute student money. convince me of this mags vital worth.

....It's not Newtype USA?

Seriously though, you've got the a majority of the major anime podcasting world involved in unbiased reviews, a column about Kamen Rider Den-O, a feature on a smoking hot idol...what else could you want?
 
Oh and for those that wanna know...

ep47banner.jpg

EPISODE 47: The Wisconsin J-Horror Massacre
On October 31st, Mike, Sylene, and new co-host Mai, attempted to record an Halloween-themed episode. What occured was the most terrifying, blood-chilling, most horrible experience ever recorded on a podcast. As a result, this episode was locked and sealed away, never to be heard from again…that was, until now.

Featured in this episode: A look at the Devilman franchise and why you should avoid the 2004 movie like Macross Zero, 8 J-Horror Films To Die For, an all-girl Visual Kei band, and Satanic Care Bears.


Enjoy...if you dare >_>
 
....It's not Newtype USA?

Seriously though, you've got the a majority of the major anime podcasting world involved in unbiased reviews, a column about Kamen Rider Den-O, a feature on a smoking hot idol...what else could you want?

A free VirtualAssistant with every magazine purchase! :P
 
2004 movie like Macross Zero

Huh? :sly: there is no movie....there's a 5 part OVA series.....but no movie....unless you specifically mean to avoid episode 5 cause that was.....while visually stunning, very anticlimatic.
 
Huh? :sly: there is no movie....there's a 5 part OVA series.....but no movie....unless you specifically mean to avoid episode 5 cause that was.....while visually stunning, very anticlimatic.

I know that >_>

I'm saying that you should avoid the 2004 Devilman movie like how you should avoid Macross Zero.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top