Prison Cell 211 ~ To Be Released February 2025 on Netflix

Mango Sorbet

What Am I made for?
“Prison Cell 211” is a Netflix Limited Series, with 6 episodes, that will be released on February 5, 2025. (NOTE: Do not confuse with 2009 Spanish-French film, “Cell 211”.) “Either you’re with us or you’re dead.” “Prison Cell 211” is Based on a True Story Gang members managed to gain access to firearms and started a prison riot (per the true story, the riot broke out at a state prison in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, which is a border town). A human rights lawyer was there at the time counseling a prisoner. Before he knew it he became a prisoner. A gang member gave him a choice. “Either you’re with us or you’re dead.” So he pretended to be an inmate. What would you do? The violent chaos erupted on January 1, 2023. Great way to start the New Year! FACT: The real riot exposed corruption among prison officials and obvious problems with the security. 20+ inmates escaped led by Ernesto Alfredo “El Neto” Piñón de la Cruz, a member of “Los Mexicles”. He got killed during a confrontation with the police. Not sure of the current whereabouts of the escapees. Diego Calva (March 16, 1992 – ) worked his way […]
Read original article here:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hell yeah, prison riots! Sign me up! This sounds like a wild watching experience, perfect for a weekend binge. I love how the lawyer gets thrown right into the fire. "Either you're with us or you're dead?" Brutal choice. I wonder how he survives. And 20+ inmates escape? This is gonna be intense.
 
Corruption in prisons is a huge issue, and this sounds like it exposes it head-on. But I hope they handle it with sensitivity. Prisoners are people too, and these riots are often rooted in desperation and a lack of basic rights. I'm curious to see how the lawyer navigates the situation and if the series advocates for reform.
 
Diego Calva is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. Loved him in "Babylon" and "Narcos: Mexico" (even with the historical liberties). Can't wait to see him take the lead here. Hopefully, this role gives him more room to shine. And a Mexican production filmed in Mexico? That's refreshing. So tired of Hollywood's take on everything.
 
Interesting that they're basing this on the Ciudad Juarez riot. That was a big deal in 2023. I remember reading about the escapes and the violence. Wonder how much creative license they'll take. Hopefully, they consult with people who were actually there to ensure some historical accuracy. It could be a great way to learn more about the Mexican prison system.
 
Six episodes? Perfect length for a quick binge! Love that it's coming out in February, something to look forward to after the holiday slump. The trailer looks intense, and the "with us or dead" line is chilling. I can already tell I'm going to be on the edge of my seat the whole time. Just hope the ending is satisfying.
 
This has potential, but the execution is key. The lawyer's situation is a compelling hook, but they need to develop the characters and the prison dynamics believably. Also, the corruption angle can be heavy-handed if not handled well. I'll give it a shot, but if it falls into predictable tropes, I might not finish it.
 
Ooh, this sounds like something my friends would be into. Action, drama, and a true story? Gotta add it to the queue! Maybe we can have a watch party and discuss it afterwards. Love that Netflix is offering more international content. It's great to see stories from different parts of the world.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top