Prepare For Sonic Frontiers With These Prelude Stories

Staff member
Sonic Frontiers, the first real new Sonic game in years, is about to hit all consoles. The story of your average Sonic title is rarely that deep, and with the open-world gameplay this new title promises, the narrative will likely be lighter than ever…but it never hurts to get ahead. Two prologue stories to the game have been released by Sega that are free to enjoy.
Sonic Frontiers Prologue: Divergence is a six-minute short written by Ian Flynn and directed by Tyson Hesse, two Sonic fans who became real-life gatekeepers of Sonic stories, much like Knuckles guards the Master Emerald. They’ve dome a great job of it too, as this short alone proves.
By the way, Sega is currently searching for a “Lore Associate Manager” who would be in charge of the series’ storylines and what is canon. Why do they need to look for this person? I mean….come on. It should be obvious. They’re right...

Continue reading...

I think I'm going to have an amazing time playing this game based on what I've seen in the trailer. If I'm being completely honest, I didn't stop giggling throughout the entire time I was watching this. I'm excited to purchase this game, but I wasn't sure if I should do so right away or wait until perhaps the price decreased slightly. I might have to preorder it based on what I've seen in the trailer. This was such a great method for Knuckles to atone for his previous transgressions! The fact that the characters are finally receiving the consideration and care they deserve makes me so thrilled.

Househusband
I felt like Sonic voice is now voiced by a new actor. His voice was so deep and manly sounding.

Sonic's ability to leave an effect on those he meets along the way is one of his most prominent traits. Sonic gives everybody he encounters new powers as well as a greater sense of security just by being himself. The supporting cast must be present in order to show Sonic's impact on the characters, and this short did a fantastic job of accomplishing so for Knuckles. Because it did such a tremendous job of expressing his character, both in action and in his inner thoughts, I was overcome with happiness as I watched this. Being truly curious about a Sonic game's backstory when it's still in development is a pleasant sensation. To get my hands on this game, I can hardly wait to torture my fingers mashing buttons with this.

I hate you! shh
I find it fantastic that the prologue ended before he could finish the phrase he began. I can really relate to how it depicts the psychological turmoil and confusion he goes through as a result of his deliberate solitude. It is fine and even advantageous to enjoy one's own company, but claiming that one does not need the company of others is not a way of life. Even if it's only for daily tasks, we are all dependent on one another, therefore I find it really intriguing that they are looking at this side of him.

It's Molin time!
There are several signs that Sonic is going in the right direction in this scene, especially in terms of how well the characters are written and handled. It truly gives me a sense of relief to know that this has had the same effect on someone else as it did on me. I sincerely, sincerely, sincerely hope that more action-packed animated scenes like this one will be produced in the future! Combining the open world design with the sonics gaming mechanics is an amazing feat of genius. The level designers should be commended for the excellent open zone design. The gamer in me can't wait.

Somebody

The part of the sequence that I found to be the most thrilling and delightful was when Knuckles was flying about Sky Sanctuary; it gave the feeling that he was having fun and was really enjoying himself. He is mostly serious so this is refreshing.

It's wonderful to watch Knuckles earn his keep and become his own character rather than just a punching bag. I fervently hope that the games will contain some sort of vengeance for Silver in some fashion following the destruction of Silver's soldiers.