Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Power Rangers Vortex Shield
Episode III
Two Years On…

EXT. SLATE CREEK COLLEGE CAMPUS- DAY

It is the end of summer and everyone is flocking back to the college campus, meeting back up with each other and talking excitedly about another year at college. A title card pops up reading “Two Years Later…â€
Ryker’s van parks along the road in front of the campus lawn and Ryker and Trace climb out.

RYKER
Here we are, another year at the fine academy- Slate Creek University!

TRACE
Yeah, I can’t believe it’s senior year already! Feels like we started only yesterday.

RYKER
Nope- that was three years ago. You’re forgetting those two quiet years where nothing happened after the… Roof incident which will be left unexplained.

TRACE
Yeah… so you going to help me get our stuff inside, or not?

Ryker hesitates.

RYKER
Er… Hey, where’d Ashlyn and Teryn get to, I wonder?

Trace opens the back of the van and starts assessing the situation and sorting his stuff from Ryker’s.

TRACE
I dunno. They were right behind us. Though, if Teryn mysteriously disappears, that’ll be… absolutely… amazing.

RYKER
She’s still dogging you?

TRACE
Oh, just every waking moment.

Trace begins pulling out bags and handing them to Ryker, who doubles over with the weight.

RYKER
Gah! After… so many years… you’d think she’d move on… or at least give up!

Trace turns around with more bags, eyeing Ryker in amusement.

TRACE
Yeah you’d think… you ok, man?

RYKER
Yeah! Never better… brosky!

TRACE
Yeah, well, on your way to take that phrase back to the nineties, would you drop those bags off at my dorm?

RYKER
Very f… hey, look, it’s your lover!

Trace looks up as a sedan car pulls up behind them. Ashlyn and Teryn yell out excitedly and wave to them through open windows from the front seats.

TRACE
Hey, Ashlyn! Teryn. Where have you guys been?

TERYN
McDonalds run, sorry!

ASHLYN
We would’ve got you something, but we didn’t have the money-

Ashlyn runs up, hugging trace and whispering in his ear.

ASHLYN
No, actually, I had to hold her back- she was like a friggin’ lion on scent!

TRACE
Yeah, she usually is-

The two break and trace addresses Teryn.

TRACE (con’t)
So… you!

TERYN
Hey, handsome! Oh, can you help us get our stuff back to the dorm? We’re on the third floor and some of this stuff- Ashlyn’s books- is pretty heavy.

ASHLYN
My books? What about all the souvenirs you picked up on your world tour?

TERYN
Oh, it’s not as bad as your books!

RYKER
World tour?

ASHLYN
Teryn’s a rich valley girl turned wiccan- every summer her daddy takes her somewhere special- this summer, being her last before graduation, he LITERALLY took her around the world. Go! Look!

Teryn is flustered as Ryker attempts to check, but Trace stops him.

TRACE
Priorities, man. Priorities.

RYKER
Yeah! Whatever you say, Trace!

Ryker begins slowly dragging his bags towards their dorm building. Trace, Ashlyn and Teryn soon follow with their own things, having considerably less trouble than Ryker.

RYKER
So, where’s Andrew anyway? I thought he said he’d meet us up here to help carry our stuff in.

ASHLYN
Oh! I totally forgot, but he called this morning and said Mr. Aladesco needs him working today. The store is doing all the floral arrangements for the homecoming parties at the local high schools and wouldn’t let him take the day off.

RYKER
Oh, that freak! You know, for a florist, they sure work Andrew to death! Why’d he even work there anyway?

TRACE
The pay. It’s absolutely amazing for a florist- he gets $15.70 per hour- there’s no way he can find a better job anywhere around here.

RYKER
Jeez! I might go to work there- I’ll pay off my student loans in, like, three minutes!

They all laugh.

ASHLYN
Well, he wanted us to head over there after we get situated, if you’re all-

TRACE
Yeah.

RYKER
I’m in! I was back home in India all summer and I’ve been looking forward to talking to you guys in three dimensions-

TRACE
-As preferred to Skype?

ASHLYN
Teryn?

TERYN
Oh! Yeah, sure. I think I need a few herbs replaced- they should be having their annual fall sale… and, I get the bonus of Tracey being there!

Teryn attempts to snuggle up with Trace, but he pulls his arm out of her grasp with an irritated clearing of his throat. Ashlyn gets the message and rushes around to Teryn, engaging her in conversation. Trace and Ryker share a look, Trace rolling his eyes and Ryker smiles warmly. The group splits in two again and they head off to refurnish their dorms.

INT. GAIA BOTANICALS, LOCKER ROOM- DAY

Andrew ties on a flamboyant apron and puts on an equally flamboyant baseball cap, a serious look on his face. He walks to the door to the main part of the store and takes a deep purging breath, preparing for the hell beyond. He exits.

INT. GAIA BOTANICALS- DAY

Andrew enters the sale floor which is completely flooded with excited, expectant customers going about their business. He goes behind the counter and starts trying to address angry customers, purchases and questions all at once.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

Terry pulls open a large warehouse door, entering the dark laboratory, only he’s a bit different from before. He is still wearing the white goggles, but he and his clothes appear worn and bedraggled. He walks across the warehouse covered in pieces of half finished robotics and approaches a folding table with a laptop on it in front of a set of boxes similar to a voting booth and a half assembled circular device. He begins typing on the computer as a foggy spirit approaches from behind. His voice causes Terry to jump in fright.

DAMARION
Enter! Have you finished yet?

ENTER (Terry)
Just about, monsieur, just about! I just need to add the finishing touches on the program, and-

DAMARION
Not them! You know what I mean.

Terry, now Enter, spins around to face Damarion, backing up against the table.

ENTER
The Vortex? No- we don’t have the proper technology at our disposal- I can’t find your home yet, let alone open a doorway to-

DAMARION
Excuses!

ENTER
But, master, I will! I will, soon, I swear!

DAMARION
How?

ENTER
We’ll just have to steal the technology.

Damarion snorts in derision.

DAMARION
You? Steal?

ENTER
Not me!

Enter turns back around, typing on the computer as he repeats “not me’ to himself over and over again. He finally finishes and looks up at the voting booth boxes feverishly.

ENTER
Them!

The boxes open and robotic arms haul out red humanoid robots with helmet-like heads and visors instead of eyes. Enter types in a password and electricity travels through the arms into the robots, activating them.

ENTER
May I introduce your new army… of Soulless minions!

DAMARION
If they have no souls, what use are they?

ENTER
Wait and see, master… wait and see!

The Soulless spin up double bladed punching knives in their hands and make electrical static, sparking noises for voices. They group together, monitoring for a threat and in battle crouches. A slow smile comes forcefully to Enter’s face. In the corner, a small yellow rabbit-like robot watches.

CASSIDY
Oh no! I have to get out of here!

Cassidy makes a dodge for the exit, but Enter & Damarion see her.

DAMARION
Stop her!

ENTER
At once!

Enter casts his hand out and clawed robotic arms shoot out of his sleeve. His eyes light up in a robotic red as the arms grab Cassidy, lifting her in the air and pulling her back to Damarion.

CASSIDY
Let me go!

DAMARION
Never! You tried to kill me… and I want you to suffer eternally for that! You will stay at my side until you see Vortex Shield… your sister… and her friends suffer and die in agony for resisting the might of the all powerful Damarion! Remember that, and get those foolish ideas of escape out of your head! It’ll never happen… NEVER!

Cassidy continues to squirm and struggle, but to no avail. Enter turns to the Soulless.

ENTER
Now that that’s taken care of… there’s something we need. Are you up for getting it for us?

The Soulless shake with perceived excitement at the chance to serve their masters. Enter smiles again, nodding.

ENTER
Ce magnifique- let’s get to work, shall we!

INT. VSHQ, INNOVATION CENTER- DAY

Tamara is doing some work on her computer. She transfers the files onto a tablet and walks across the room to a striped metal wall and hits a button. The stripes turn out to be blinds over a window looking down into a large hangar with three tank-sized vehicles in various stages of completion. Chidra and Kulgor, now fully rebuilt, are working on a red and black vehicle that looks like a sports car, but is the size of a tank. Tamara watches their progress for a while as Chidra reprimands Kulgor for doing something stupid. Tamara shakes her head in reproach and is about to head down when the door opens and Reece enters.

REECE
Tamara. How’re the zords coming?

TAMARA
The Vortex Vehicles are not going- those two refuse to let anyone else near them, and on top of that they can’t even decide what they should be doing themselves. Look!

Reece approaches and watches the two berating each other. He slams his hands down on the window frame.

REECE
Idiots! We need those online before Damarion strikes again- there’s no time for fooling around!

He turns to head for the door into the hangar, but Tamara stops him.

TAMARA
What do you think he… it’s been two years. Maybe he’s not coming back?

REECE
He’s coming back, if I know him. Besides, why else would he have kidnapped-

He stops himself before saying “Terry†and watches Tamara apprehensively.

REECE (con’t)
-I’m sorry. Forgive me for that.

TAMARA
It’s ok… I mean, it may not have been Damarion. If it was, don’t you think he would have taken some of Terry’s projects?

REECE
The man has a photographic memory, he doesn’t really need his files to remember how to build a robot.

TAMARA
Yeah, but-

REECE
Don’t think about it. Don’t worry about it, no news is good news right?

Tamara takes a purging breath.

TAMARA
You’re right. This is time better spent increasing our arsenal before it’s too late.

Reece slaps a comforting hand on her shoulder and gives her a smile.

REECE
There you go. Now, about those two down-

Tamara bypasses him on the way to the hanger door.

TAMARA
I’ll handle it! I was going down there anyway.

Tamara types a code on a keypad and the sliding metal door slides open.

INT. VSHQ, ZORD HANGER- DAY

Chidra pushes Kulgor away.

CHIDRA
No, you idiot! That isn’t supposed to go there!

KULGOR
What do you mean? That’s where it is in me.

CHIDRA
Yeah- the difference being you’re a gorilla and this baby’s a cheetah, got it!

KULGOR
What difference does that make?

CHIDRA
Because this thing is supposed to-

Tamara walks down a flight of metal stairs and approaches them, monitoring the program on her tablet.

TAMARA
Everything alright down here?

CHIDRA
Yeah! Things would be better if we could get this thing done without being interrupted by the higher ups and Gorilla-man’s idiocy!

TAMARA
Chidra- we kept you here for a reason, both of you. We expected at least one of these to be done weeks ago!

CHIDRA
Don’t pressure me!

TAMARA
Ok… ok- do you want additional help? Things might go a bit faster if we-

CHIDRA
No one is touching my car except me, got it!

Tamara sighs in annoyance, pinching the bridge of her nose.

TAMARA
Ok fine. And these better be done when we need them, do you understand me?

CHIDRA
Yeah, yeah.

TAMARA
Ok. I’ve got other things to check on while I’m down here, you two, get back to work- cooperate- and finish the zords already!

Tamara walks away. Chidra watches her go, leaning back against the zord while Kulgor works on something with a plasma torch.

CHIDRA
What a busy body! We never got treated like this under Damarion!

KULGOR
Yeah. We got treated worse.

Chidra eyes him for a moment.

CHIDRA
What I wouldn’t give to-

KULGOR
-Be alive again?

Chidra groans in annoyance and half-heartedly slaps Kulgor.

CHIDRA
Stop interrupting me! Get back to work!

Tamara is walking down the line, checking the progress of some other projects when an alarm goes off on her tablet. Her eyes go wide and she runs back to the Innovation Center.

Andrew is taking his break as the customer flow is beginning to die down. He leans back against the counter, sighing in relaxation when the door suddenly opens again.

ANDREW
Crap!

He spins around, expecting to greet new customers, only to find Ashlyn, Trace, Ryker and Teryn.

RYKER
Hey, bud, long time no see!

ANDREW
Ryker! Hey guys, you finally made it! I was beginning to worry.

ASHLYN
Oh, like we’d get lost looking for this place!

ANDREW
I dunno, Trace is pretty bad with directions!

TRACE
Hey!

ASHLYN
Well, that’s why we have a psychic, remember?

TRACE
I resent that!

TERYN
Well, then don’t deal with them right now! Help me, please! I need to find a whole crap load of stuff- I don’t know where it all is!

Trace gives her a look.

TRACE
You’re in here almost every day looking for herbs.

TERYN
Well… I have bad memory!

TRACE
And I’m bad with directions. Can’t help you. Sorry.

TERYN
But!

RYKER
Hey, I’ll help you. Why don’t we let these guys catch up?

Ryker gives her a meaningful look and drags her off into the isles. Andrew, Trace and Ashlyn group around the counter, but before they say anything, their Morphers make a watch alarm sound. They groan and Andrew looks to the others.

ANDREW
Come on. We know the drill by now.

Ryker is pulling Teryn deeper into the store, away from Andrew, Trace and Ashlyn. Annoyed and confused, she pulls away from him.

TERYN
What are you doing? Psycho!

RYKER
Hey, every time we leave those three alone in here, they disappear into thin air- maybe this time we can figure out what they’re up to?

TERYN
I don’t know! Maybe they just go out to eat!

RYKER
Then we’d hear the door!

Teryn rolls her eyes and begins looking for her herbs.

TERYN
Whatever. Figure it out yourself, I’m not really that interested.

RYKER
Fine!

The two go their separate ways. Ryker heads back to the others.

RYKER
Never mind. She didn’t want my help after all- guys?

Ryker looks up. Andrew, Trace and Ashlyn are gone.

Andrew, Trace and Ashlyn race in and line up in front of Tamara, who has her head close to Reece’s, showing him the footage on the tablet.

ANDREW
You called?

Reece and tamara look up.

REECE
Yes, I’m afraid so. It looks like the time we’ve been waiting for has arrived. Damarion’s back.

The three exchange surprised looks.

ASHLYN
After two years of nothing?

TRACE
Why would he come back now?

TAMARA
I’m not sure if it’s really him or not, but… there’s some weird energy fluctuations coming from some warehouses across the city. I can’t get an ID lock on the source, so you’re going to have to split up and check it out.

Andrew, Trace and Ashlyn are about to leave when the hanger door slides open and Chidra rushes in.

CHIDRA
Why didn’t anyone tell me there was an attack? Alright, Andrew, let’s go!

REECE
What about the zords? The Rangers are well trained- they can handle themselves!

CHIDRA
But, I am a motorcycle! You can’t beat that- besides, Kulgor’s got it covered!

Before anyone can stop him, he leaves. The rangers pause, unsure of what to do. Reece sighs in annoyance.

REECE
Just go- and I’m going to have a talk with that idiot when he gets back!

INT. VSHQ, GARAGE- DAY

The four rush in. Chidra turns into a motorcycle.

CHIDRA
Yeah! Cheetah Racer, online! Let’s beat some-

ANDREW
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you egotistic… thing. Let’s just go before they decide to leave early.

Andrew puts gets onto Chidra/ The Cheetah Racer. Ashlyn & Trace walk over to a black SUV and get inside. Ashlyn looks to Andrew.

ASHLYN
You ok?

ANDREW
Never better!

Andrew activates his morpher, spawning the glasses and hits the button on them. He swings his arm up to display the morpher and taps the watch face.

ANDREW
Vortex Shield, Pass on!

Andrew morphs into the Red Ranger. He leads out as the garage door opens. The SUV follows him out.

EXT. GAIA BOTANICALS- DAY

Andrew on his bike and the other two in the SUV head off and split up at the drive. Ryker comes running out of the store with Teryn close behind, but only sees the SUV.

RYKER
I don’t believe this! Did the just leave us here?

TERYN
Well, thank god I drove, then!

RYKER
Yeah.

The two head back inside, their pride injured.

EXT. SLATE CREEK, STREET- DAY

Andrew, on the Cheetah Racer, is heading towards a group of warehouses. He brings up his morpher before him and turns the dial, causing a hologram communications system to activate.

ANDREW
The warehouses are in sight. I’m heading in!

A hologram of Tamara appears with her tablet.

TAMARA
You’re orders are to perform recon for the moment. When we get all the date in from all three, we can plan an attack.

ANDREW
But, what if they-

REECE
Red Ranger, you have your orders- stick to them. If something unexpected happens, defense and/or tracking is authorized.

ANDREW
Fine.

Andrew hangs, up and revs the engine, speeding towards the warehouses.

EXT. MACROHARD COMPUTER FACTORY, STORAGE FACILITY- DAY

The SUV grinds to a halt outside. Trace hops out, turning to Ashlyn.

TRACE
Where are you heading to?

ASHLYN
They’re attacking another storage area on the opposite side of the complex- we’ll keep you informed!

Trace nods, shutting the door and racing to the factory, activating his morpher. The small visor folds out and spawns the glasses directly onto his face.

TRACE
Vortex Shield, Pass On!

Trace morphs into the Blue Ranger.

TRACE
VS-02, in position!

TAMARA (OS)
Excellent, Blue! Take a spot on the roof- there should be windows up top to monitor from.

EXT. MACROHARD COMPUTER FACTORY, PATENT WAREHOUSE- DAY

The SUV swerves hard into a parking space and Ashlyn leaps out, activating her morpher in the process and morphing into the Yellow Ranger.

ASHLYN
Vortex Shield, Pass On! Ok, Tamara, so where should we-

She suddenly halts, grabbing her head with a groan and almost falling over. A vision of Damarion & Enter attacking hurting her sister comes to her.

ASHLYN
Cassidy?

TAMARA (OS)
Ranger Yellow? Ranger Yellow, are you ok?

ASHLYN
Er, I’m fine. Just arriving on scene.

TAMARA (OS)
Good. We need scans of the arena first before we formulate a strategy. Also, I’ve placed system busters on the menu, link them to the breaker boxes before you take a vantage point, and I’ll hack the security mainframe to keep a watch on you.

ASHLYN
Right!

Ashlyn, Trace and Andrew tap their transponders and summon small clips with a beacon and wifi transmitter on them. Ashlyn finds her breaker box and uses her Goggle Dagger to cut the protective pipe open, then places the bug on the wires inside. She activates the hologram on her morpher and Tamara appears, working furiously on her tablet.

ASHLYN
Did it work?

TAMARA
Uhhhh… Yes! I’m in. Please, take your position- send the scans when ready.

Ashlyn nods, hanging up and running around the building.

EXT. MACROHARD COMPUTER FACTORY, STORAGE FACILITY- DAY

Trace races along a line of windows on the roof in a crouch. He finds one unlocked and sits down there, easing it open and gazing inside to find a small group of Soulless searching around inside.

TRACE
There’s not too many here… what’re they searching for?

REECE (OS)
After Vortex Co. shut down, their research was sold at auction. A government facility, AERTS, took the bulk of it and we acquired what we could. Macrohard Corp. and their chairman, Ethan James, were after certain computer technologies was had special built for out research. We thought it was a problem at first but, oddly, once they acquired them, James declared them off limits and had them placed in storage. He even hired ex-Silver Guardian members to head his security department at the Slate creek facility.

TRACE
A lot of good that did him. Scanning now.

Trace taps the side of his helmet and his visor begins scanning and building a map of the room with Soulless marked in red as “hostiles.â€

INT. VSHQ- INNOVATION CENTER- DAY

The scans from blue and yellow start coming in and Tamara brings them up on two of a display of flat screens on one of the walls. Reece and a small team of analysts check them up.

REECE
Look, there’s only five of the things at Trace’s location. But check Ashlyn’s.

TAMARA
What’s the count from Yellow’s scan?

ANALYST I
The scan isn’t complete yet, but it looks like there’s close to twenty of them working as a unit. What are those things anyway?

REECE
I don’t know. Enlarge and enhance.

One of the analysts comply, zooming in on one, switching from map to image and enhancing it, revealing the Soulless. Tamara gasps, bringing her hands to cover her mouth. Reece looks to her sadly.

REECE
One of Terry’s?

Tamara nods shakily, still in shock and near to tears.

REECE
Tamara, maybe you should-

ANALYST II
Red’s scan is coming online, now.

Tamara takes a few deep breaths, trying to bring herself under control.

TAMARA
No. No, I think I have to see this for myself.

EXT. SLATE CREEK LOCAL DIST. WAREHOUSES- DAY

Andrew finishes his scan as he watches the Soulless activity below from a third story balcony.

ANDREW
So what do we- hey?

As Andrew is trying to review the scan himself, he notices a new figure coming out of the warehouse with a small tank. It’s Enter.

ANDREW
Who are you, my friend.

Andrew taps his Transponder.

ANDREW
Goggle Dagger, Sight Mode.

The Transponder spawns the binoculars before him and drops them in his hand. Enter notices the glow above and smiles, switching to a heat-signature mode on his goggles. Andrew looks down with the binoculars and his visor program unites with the binocular program. He uses his hand to indicate a zoom in on Enter, then scans the image into his visor.

ANDREW
That guy has to be the leader… whoever he is. Better send it to HQ for analysis.

The image shrinks down to a tiny icon. His visor shows an animation of the icon being places inside an envelope, then a second one of the envelope being sent from a picture of his helmet to a picture of a laptop with the letters VSHQ across it’s screen. Suddenly, two white slashes of energy hit the balcony either side of him, cutting straight through it to the building wall and severing the part Andrew is crouched on.

ENTER
Well, don’t just hang around up there, monamie! Join the party!

The balcony collapses and Andrew falls three stories, but, due to the suit, lands safely in a crouch, steadying himself with a hand. Andrew looks up as Soulless surround him and menace him with their weapons. Enter smiles smugly and steps forward, head held high and arms behind his back.

Tamara and the analysts are checking the scans. Tamara is forcefully engrossing herself in her work. Reece looks at the projections.

REECE
Not a lot standing out here. Either this was separate missions based on priority, or… Yellow and Red might be diversions- there’s several at those locations and barely any at Blue’s. VS-02, you are authorized for attack. Be wary of possible traps, greater numbers may be hiding in wait for you!

TRACE (OS)
Roger! I’m going in!

REECE
Yellow, security is in place. We’ll make contact if anything goes wrong. Meanwhile, head to Blue’s location, there might be-

ANALYST II
Sir, incoming shot from Red.

REECE
Er… bring it up.

The image of Terry/ Enter appears on the flat screens and everyone in the room halts, awkwardly staring from the picture to Tamara. Tamara looks down, hiding her eyes.

TAMARA
So it is him. Terry wouldn’t do this… it’s Damarion. I’m sure of it.

She looks pleadingly to Reece. Reece finally nods.

REECE
Ok, we know now. Send strike teams to relieve Blue and Yellow and tell them to rendezvous with Red at-

ANALYST I
Um, sir?

REECE
What is it?

ANALYST I
It appears we’ve lost communication with all three Rangers.

Reece’s jaw drops in shock. It takes a moment for him to regain his composure.

REECE
Send a calvalry team to Red, immediately! I’m going after Trace and Ashlyn!

He heads out the door. Tamara brings up the alert system and a message starts playing over a PA system as guards begin mobilizing all over the base.

PA ALERT
All available squads form up. I repeat, all available squads form up. Possible attack on city grounds. Your superior officers will issue you with further instructions and GPS coordinates. All available squads, form up and move out.

EXT. SLATE CREEK LOCAL DIST. WAREHOUSES- DAY

ANDREW
Who are you?

ENTER
I’m sure someone will inform you soon enough… well, if you manage to get out of here. I… severed your communications with Vortex Shield. Looks like no help from Mr. Aladesco and his merry band of misfits.

ANDREW
So… where’s Damarion?

ENTER
Well, smart you! Unfortunately, that’s classified information. So… bright red jumpsuit… erratic energy readings… shiny helmet… you one of those Power Ranger things? Bah, what am I thinking. That outfit’s so bad, I’d swear you were on your way to a convention!

Andrew begins getting angry, balling his fists with a groan.

ENTER
Ooh- look at that. So, your suit reacts to your nervous system outputs… regulates your body’s internal and external condition according to the situation your brain perceives… So that’s how you can do all those crazy flips and kicks… survive a three story fall with nary a scratch. Please, continue your show. I’d like to learn all about it!

ANDREW
Sorry, buddy-

Andrew holds up his Goggle Dagger, flipping it into Dagger mode.

ANDREW (con’t)
-But the show’s over.

Enter walks around the perimeter of Soulless, Andrew turning to warily keep an eye on him. Enter wags his finger at Andrew.

ENTER
Tsk, tsk, tsk. I wouldn’t do that if I were you. You don’t know what these things are capable of.

ANDREW
You don’t know what I’m capable of either. Dayah!

Andrew rushes at Enter. Before the Soulless can react to save their leader, Andrew runs up on and flips high into the air. Enter doesn’t even flinch, instead watching expectantly with curiosity.

ANDREW
Goggle Dagger, full power!

His Goggle Dagger lights up with energy. He slashes at the Soulless below and the energy wave shoots from his weapon, damaging several of them. Andrew lands, dealing with the last three with two quick slashes, then turns to Enter, holding up his weapon and entering a battle crouch. Enter smiles humorlessly and robotic arms suddenly shoot out and whip Andrew across the lot. Enter changes his voice, emulating Andrew’s previous statement.

ENTER
“You don’t know what I’m capable of either.†Well, I must be going. Didn’t find what I was looking for, but-

Enter holds up the small tank.

ENTER (con’t)
-This has given me a bit of an idea. You’ll hear from me soon, I’m sure, contestee.

Enter begins walking away. Andrew rolls to a crouch and jumps to his feet.

ANDREW
Hey, come back here!

Andrew tries to follow him, but Enter suddenly teleports away, laughing in a mocking manner. Andrew is slightly taken aback and stops, confused. Chidra rushes in.

CHIDRA
What happened here? You ok?

ANDREW
I’m fine. But we’d better check on the others. Come on!

Chidra transforms back into cycle mode and Andrew climbs on, swerving around and driving off.

INT. MACROHARD COMPUTER FACTORY, STORAGE FACILITY- DAY

Trace leaps into the building, flipping several times and landing in the center of the room, his Snap Shooter at the ready. The Soulless begin rushing him and he shoots them all as they come, quickly taking out three- two in the isle and one that comes around the corner to see what is happening. Trace races to the nearest gap and fires at two others several isles down. One is taken out, but the other crouches, avoiding the shots. Trace takes cover behind an isle and summons his Goggle dagger, combining it with his Snap Shooter to form Vortex Fire BG-02. The last Soulless races down the isles toward his perceived location. As he draws closer, Trace leans out the isle, pulling back in quickly as the Soulless sends an energy wave from it’s blade at him. He spins back out, taking aim with his weapon and fires, taking out the Soulless. He races outside as Ashlyn arrives on scene.

ASHLYN
You done already?

TRACE
Yeah, I-

They duck as a blast ricochets off the door. They look up to see the other Soulless have followed Ashlyn and quickly surround the two. Ashlyn and Trace go back to back.

TRACE
Ready for this?

ASHLYN
Oh yeah!

The two break, charging into battle and taking the Soulless on. Ashlyn heads into an industrial area with large pipes and begins using them to keep the Soulless divided in smaller groups so she can take them on. Trace rushes through his group, leaping over, slashing, and kicking Soulless around. They regroup and try to shoot him as he comes across an outdoor dining area for the employees and knocks a table over, using it for cover. When the blasts stop, he leaps up with his Snap Shooter and runs for it, blasting several of them down. Ashlyn sees him and leaps for him and the two regroup.

ASHLYN
Vortex Fire, YH-03!

TRACE
Vortex Fire, GB-02!

The two aim into the remaining Soulless and fire, the blasts taking several of them out. The others dive out of the way, or crouch under the blast and regroup.

ASHLYN
What now?

TRACE
Those blasts were the best we can do, but they used up too much energy! We need a regeneration period before we can do that again.

ASHLYN
Suit power is depleted too. The energy fields are too weak to manipulate our electrical and gravitational energies-

TRACE
Meaning?

The Soulless begin closing in on them and they back up to a wall to protect themselves.

ASHLYN
Didn’t you read the manuals Tamara gave us? The suits link with our body’s natural electrical output to shield us from taking heavy external damage and also manipulates our natural gravitational fields, allowing us to do those high leaps and flips.

TRACE
So we can’t… crap!

ASHLYN
Well, we can still do this the old fashioned way!

TRACE
How long do you wager we’ll last if we’re outnumbered like this?

ASHLYN
Uh?

The two hold up a Goggle Dagger and Snap Shooter, waiting as the remaining Soulless, still enough to give them trouble, surround them and circle, looking for a weakness. Finally, one of them lunges and is suddenly blasted down. Trace and Ashlyn look up in surprise as Andrew races in. The Cheetah Racer launches itself into the air with a yell and Andrew blasts three more Soulless with his Snap Shooter before landing and grinding to a halt between them and his friends.

TRACE
Oh good, you made it.

ANDREW
I found out who’s behind this too. You guys ok?

ASHLYN
We are now.

CHIDRA
Then let’s finish this!

The Cheetah Racer transforms back into Chidra and poses alongside Andrew, Trace and Ashlyn. He pulls the wheels off his back and attaches them to his arms, creating formidable spinning weapons. He revs a few times, spinning them experimentally.

CHIDRA
I’ve got to love those enhancements Tamara gave me!

ANDREW
Then put them to good use. Rangers!

With battle cries, the four rush in and begin finishing the Soulless off. Chidra turns his feet into rollerblades and rides through them, punching and slashing with his tires. Andrew flips over one, shooting two behind him as he lands, then spins around and blasts the first one as it stands back up. Ashlyn swings her Goggle Dagger at one, but it catches it between the two blades of it’s weapon and tries to rip it out of her hand she grabs it’s arm and swings under it, kicking it’s legs out from under it and tossing it over her, freeing her weapon as she locks blades with another two who swing down at her. Trace is using both his weapons to attack on several fronts at once and sees Ashlyn. He shoots her assailants down, allowing her to get up. She flips to her feet and slashes the first one down for good as it recovers. Within short order, all the Soulless have been routed. As the team regroups, black SUVs start pouring in. VS agents climb out and head over to them, Reece at the head.

REECE
You four ok?

ANDREW
Yeah. Calvalry’s a little late.

REECE
We weren’t sure exactly where you all were- we lost all radio and GPS contact with you shortly after Andrew ID-ed these things’ commander.

The three tap their glasses.

RANGER SUIT SYSTEM
Powering down.

They demorph.

ASHLYN
So, who is it?

REECE
No one you know.

TRACE
But you do?

Reece eyes them warily, before turning back to the SUVs.

REECE
Meet me back at HQ. We have some things to discuss.

Andrew, Trace, Ashlyn and Chidra give each other confused looks. Ashlyn and trace head for their SUV while Chidra goes back into bike mode and Andrew climbs back on.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

Cassidy is wheeling around nervously. Damarion is free floating around the place, an angry groan escaping him and increasing in intensity.

DAMARION
Where is that buffoon!

The doors slide open and Enter enters.

ENTER
My apologies, monsieur.

DAMARION
Did you get it? The generator to open the vortex?

ENTER
I regret to say… non. I did not.

DAMARION
NO! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN-

ENTER
Relax, relax… my lord, I think I’ve found another way- for now. You need soldiers in this world in order to take it over. You need energy in order to become stronger. Both of those things- in the form of your spirit minions- exist in your world… the question is how to get them here.

DAMARION
Obviously, the vortex!

ENTER
I thought so at first, but I don’t think we were going far enough outside the box. If we had the right technology and energy source, we could open a permanent door into your world and, with specifications, unleash your army in full corporeal form to reap the living… Although, with what we have, we can open tiny interdimensional wormholes, the problem being we can only bring one minion at a time before recharging and they can only come through as spirits-

DAMARION
Then how does that help me? If they have no bodies or forms in this world-

Enter laughs to himself, raising his arms to indicate the robotics lab around him.

ENTER
Don’t you remember? The spirits who came through before- the weaker ones who came with you… they possessed Terry’s machines and it worked perfectly. If I can pull them out of your world and contain them to transfer them into new, robotic bodies, they can accomplish your work just as- no, better than you would think possible!

Damarion considers the idea.

DAMARION
And you think you can do this?

ENTER
Give me twenty-four hours… and I know I can.

Enter smiles in delight. Damarion nods.

DAMARION
Do it.

Enter laughs to himself, bowing dramatically and gets to work.

Reece enters the room, followed by the now demorphed Andrew, Trace & Ashlyn. Tamara looks up expectantly.

REECE
Ok, everyone, out- this is a debriefing session, only those in command are allowed to stay. Chidra, we need you down there fixing those zords, pronto.

CHIDRA
Huh, what are you expecting a thirty story robot, now, or-

Tamara jumps up angrily and gets in his face.

TAMARA
The man Damarion has taken is a robotics designer. Before he disappeared two years ago, he was working on classified projects, one of which being a giant walking tank that could smash half a city apart before regular military protocols would be able to take it down- now get down there and finish the Vortex Vehicles, before-

CHIDRA
Ok, ok, I’m going. Oy!

Chidra heads for the door to the hanger and exits. Reece and Tamara turn to the Rangers.

ASHLYN
Tamara, are… are you ok?

TAMARA
I’m fine. Although, it’s now quite obvious that Damarion is behind this. I knew Terry, there’s no way he would do what he did today… unless he was being compelled by Damarion.

Andrew moves swiftly to Tamara, grabbing her by the shoulders and looking sympathetically into her eyes.

ANDREW
Don’t worry, Tamara. I got free. Maybe there’s hope for him yet.

ASHLYN
I just have one question… my sister. I- we- used her to remove Damarion from Andrew… If Damarion is back and… she isn’t… what happened to her?

TRACE
She’s bound to be around somewhere, right? Like Andrew said, we’re not giving up hope. Not yet. We’re going to fight this thing and we’re going to win.

Everyone shares determined looks.

REECE
To battle, then. War to the end.

Andrew backs back into formation with Trace and Ashlyn.

ANDREW
Correction, sir. To Damarion’s end!

A proud heroic moment ensues. Reece smiles to himself.

REECE
Tamara, call the analysts back! Get them scanning the city for any unusual activity- Rangers, prepare yourselves for battle. If Damarion wants a war, we’re going to give it to him!

Everyone salutes and heads off to their duties.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- NIGHT

Enter spends all night building and linking a machine to the Vortex device and designing a small card. He also builds a strange robot, different from the others. It is taller and red, covered with spikes that are tinged green at the top. He sticks the card into the Vortex Device and, with wires, attaches it to the new robot. Finally, dawn comes.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

Enter types up a program on his laptop, smiling in triumph to himself. Damarion appears behind him.

DAMARION
You finished ahead of schedule.

ENTER
I’m happy to inform you that, oui, I have succeeded.

DAMARION
I still don’t get it.

ENTER
The tank is a new experimental fuel source. A tiny drop of it at a time should be enough to sustain the type of vortex we need long enough to accomplish our task. The new upgrade I installed will retrieve a Spirit from your world and trap it in a data card, which will then immediately transfer it into the robot. Then comes the second part of my plan.

DAMARION
Which is?

Enter stops, heading over to a giant object covered by a tarp. He pulls it down revealing one of his giant robots from the earlier plans.

ENTER
I give you my pride and joy! Assuming The Viking doesn’t do the job the first time, part of his energy will be siphoned, multiplied and finally transferred to power up this baby… the Omega Soulless.

DAMARION
Then do it. Bring The Viking through.

Enter bow dramatically.

ENTER
Oui, oui, oui, but of course, monsieur.

He returns to his laptop activating the device. The metal ring shoots off blue sparks of energy the meet in the center, creating tiny temporal anomalies. A grey fog comes through and is sucked into the square pillar like device at the side. A light above the card goes from red to green and the energy is transferred into the robot, awakening it with a roar. Damarion watches, chuckling in contentment.

DAMARION
Yes! The world will soon be mine!

INT. SLATE CREEK COLLEGE DORMS, ASHLYN/ TERYN’S ROOM- DAWN

Ashlyn is tossing and turning in her sleep, having troubled visions of her sister’s treatment at the hands of Damarion once again. The last thing she remembers is Cassidy looking directly at her with soulful eyes and begging for help. Ashlyn springs awake to find that the sun has risen. As she tries to calm down and regain control of her breathing, however, a massive explosion occurs nearby, causing Ashlyn to jump in fright, falling out of bed.

ASHLYN
Dah!

She springs back to her feet as Teryn jumps awake also.

TERYN
What was that?

ASHLYN
I don’t know, I-

Ashlyn looks out to see fires in the distance.

ASHLYN
-I’ve got to go!

Ashlyn suddenly rushes outside. Teryn seems put out by her leaving and doesn’t know if she should follow or stay.

EXT. SLATE CREEK COLLEGE, DORM BUILDING- DAY

Ashlyn makes it outside to find a large crowd already there, watching the activity in the distance. Ashlyn pushes through them until she finds Trace as well.

TRACE
Ashlyn?

ASHLYN
Trace? Trace, what’s going on?

TRACE
I just got off the phone with Andrew and Tamara… it’s them. They want us to head out now! Come on!

The two break the crowd and head off toward the parking lot. After they’re far enough away, they activate their morphers, spawning the glasses directly onto their faces.

ASHLYN & TRACE
Vortex Shield, Pass On!

ANIMATION: As they stand on a black background, LED animations of a gorilla and hare appear on their morpher screens as they hold their arms up. The pictures rise from their morphers and condense into colored spirit orbs which flit around them. They try to keep track of them with their eyes, but the orbs zoom off into the distance. Trace & Ashlyn take off after them as the ground slowly goes from flat to almost vertical, causing them to run faster. At the last moment, they leap, grasping the orbs in their hands. The orbs burst into energy, surrounding them and forming their suits. They fall to flat ground below, landing before dynamic metallic VS symbols and pose. Ashlyn’s is partially a molten yellow color while Trace’s is a super-heated indigo.

Trace and Ashlyn head off towards the fires in the distance.

TRACE
VS-02, Blue Gorilla Vortex Ranger!

ASHLYN
VS-03, Yellow Hare Vortex Ranger!

Andrew is riding the Cheetah Racer into battle. He activates his morpher, transforming into the Red Ranger.

ANDREW
VS-01, Red Cheetah Vortex Ranger!

E revs the engine and pulls into a wheelie.

ANDREW
Let’s do this!

CHIDRA
You got it, Red!

They pick up speed and zoom off towards the danger.

Tamara, still half asleep and in pajamas, is working furiously on her computers. She talks to the Rangers through her Bluetooth headset.

TAMARA
Emergancy and Fire Containment officials are responding. We’re sending a team to clear them and all other civilians from the battle zone so until you three deal with the source of the issue!

ANDREW (OS)
Understood!

TRACE (OS)
Roger that!

ASHLYN (OS)
We’ll take him!

Tamara pauses, sighing and looking down into the hangar where Chidra and Kulgor are putting the finishing touches on the VV-01 Cheetah Chaser.

TAMARA
Good luck, Rangers.

Suddenly, an alert goes off on her Tablet. Confused, she opens the file.

TAMARA
What is that?

INT. SLATE CREEK, BUSINESS DISTRICT- DAY

The Viking is using flamethrowers to set things on fire. He is surrounded by a large squad of Alpha Soulless (The human-sized minions) who are using their weapons to blast apart anything in sight. The Viking laughs in victory. Most humans are out of the area. VS Vans pull in and teams set up a perimeter, helping whoever is left to escape.

THE VIKING
Aw, why would you ruin our fun?

He begins advancing on them. The men hold their ground, warily.

THE VIKING
Vortex Shield, huh? My master told me about you! Now, where’s those pesky Rangers I’ve been hearing so much about?

ANDREW
Right here!

The Viking turns as Andrew ramps over him on the bike and fires on him with his Snap Shooter. The VS agents use the distraction to back off with the civilians. Andrew lands and turns to face The Viking, who seems not to have been incredibly hurt by the blasts.

ANDREW
Oh, that can’t be good.

TRACE
Andrew?

ASHLYN
I found him! Over here!

Trace and Ashlyn rush in and take positions either side of Andrew, who climbs off his bike. Chidra transforms back into himself.

ANDREW
Any idea who this guy is?

THE VIKING
A servant of the almighty Damarion! In life, I was called Lief Kragson… but when I joined my master in his world, that life became nothing but a shadow… to my master’s enemies, I am known simply as The Viking!

TRACE
Life Kragson? As in THE Lief Kragson?

ANDREW
You know this guy?

TRACE
I’m an archaeology major, remember? This guy was a widely feared Viking ruler. He started as a warrior and rose up through the ranks through brutality and bloodshed, eventually becoming a Viking king of sorts. He was most known for subjecting his people to a rather unhealthy religion- worshiping a spirit that demanded sacrifice and gave nothing but a stay of his wrath in return.

ASHLYN
Damarion.

The Viking laughs.

THE VIKING
It’s good to know that I made an impression on the world! That those like you still know and fear my name!

CHIDRA
Hey, buddy, you might want to rethink that fear part!

ANDREW
Let’s finish this. A guy like you should be no problem for us.

THE VIKING
Oh really!

He summons energy into his flamethrowers and fires a blast at them. They dive for cover, Ashlyn and Trace being throw into walls and Andrew sent flying into the air. Chidra, however, zooms through, avoiding the blasts and hits The Viking square center, sending him flying. Andrew uses all his willpower to steady himself, landing on his feet, but bringing up a shower of sparks from them as he slides to a halt.

ANDREW
Ow! I’ve had enough of this! Vortex Fire!

He summons the Goggle Dagger from his Transponder and combines it with his Snap Shooter. He runs back to the site of the blast, searching for Lief. The Viking appears, climbing to his feet out of the dust and firing twin jets of flame at him, which he narrowly avoids by diving to the right. Chidra, Ashlyn & Trace regroup with him and help him up.

THE VIKING
Soulless, attack!

ASHLYN
What now?

ANDREW
I have a plan, we-

Their radios go off. Confused, Andrew answers.

ANDREW
This is Red. What is it base?

TAMARA (OS)
This is bad! It looks like that thing’s life is being partially drained to something else.

ANDREW
One of those giant robots you were talking about?

CHIDRA
Oh great! We never did get the Cheetah Chaser to full power!

TAMARA (0S)
And now you know why we were berating you! We were depending on you for that-

CHIDRA
It’s not at full power yet, but it still works! We just can’t access Warrior Mode yet!

ASHLYN
What are guys talking about?

The Soulless are upon them and the team scatters, fighting their own battles against them.

ANDREW
What can we do?

CHIDRA
Listen, Tamara! Tell Kulgor to keep working on it until we absolutely need it! It just needs a few more adjustments!

TAMARA (OS)
I can’t guarantee you guys long! I’m setting up a countdown to the Omega Soulless’ activation. When it reaches zero, I’m sending it out, whether it’s done or not!

The countdown starts on their morpher faces. Andrew takes a quick glance as he fights.

ANDREW
Seven minutes and counting!

CHIDRA
Seven minutes! What are we supposed to do in seven minutes, that’s not long enough to finish the zord!

ANDREW
We’ll do what we can!

Andrew contacts trace & Ashlyn via radio.

ANDREW
Trace, Ashlyn, activate your Vortex Fires! The primary target is The Viking, but I lost him in all this. Set visors to scan for him, when you find him, alert to his location, so we can finish this!

TRACE
Right!

ASHLYN
Got you, Red!

The rangers comply with the order and continue fighting, scanning for The Viking. The Viking is hiding among the Soulless, shifting position and waiting for a chance to attack one of the Rangers or Chidra. The countdown is at five minutes and counting. Enter watches from a nearby rooftop. He slides a card through a scanner on his laptop and types up a chart showing the vitals of the Omega Soulless.

ENTER
80% and growing. Almost time for the poor, poor city of Slate Creek to say au revoir!

The rangers continue fighting. Three minutes are left when The Viking finally finds an opening and tries to strike Andrew from behind.

CHIDRA
Look out!

Chidra zooms past Andrew and tackles The Viking down. Andrew spins around in surprise.

ANDREW
Found him! Rangers, lock target!

Ashlyn and Trace regroup with Andrew as The Viking throws Chidra at them. They duck and dive out of the way and come back up, aiming their Vortex Fires at The Viking.

ALL THREE
Vortex Fire, Full Power!

They all shoot at once, hitting The Viking square in the chest and sending him sliding backward, damaging several Soulless behind him in the process. The blasts finally halt and The Viking groans, somewhat confused. He begins sparking and collapses to the ground, exploding as the three pose in triumph. Chidra climbs to his feet, dusting himself off.

CHIDRA
Oh, thank you! Thank you, it was nothing! I just saved your miserable lives is all!

Enter watches the scene in displeasure, his face twisted as if he has a bad taste in his mouth.

ENTER
No worries, no worries. We’ll just have to do this… the old fashioned way.

He types up and The Viking’s soul floats out of the rubble and shoots into the sky, much to the rangers’ surprise and dismay. A portal opens up in the sky and the Omega Soulless drops out. The Viking’s soul enters it and it transforms, gaining flamethrowers on it’s arms. The single eye flashes as the Viking takes over.

THE VIKING
I’m back, Rangers!

He swings his arm around, flaming buildings around him with fire so hot it melts them, metal, glass, stone and all.

ENTER
There we go! Much more like it!

Enter closes his laptop, claps his hands once as he savors the moment. He walks off and teleports away. The counter reaches zero.

The alarm goes off as the counter hits zero. She jumps up and heads to the hanger, hitting a page button.

TAMARA
The Omega Soulless is attacking! Send the VV-01 into action immediately!

The VV-01 Cheetah Chaser activates.

EXT. SLATE CREEK, BUSINESS DISTRICT- DAY

The Rangers watch in dismay as The Viking burns their city to the ground. Chidra shakes Andrew’s shoulder before transforming back into bike mode.

CHIDRA
Come on, Andrew! Let’s go!

ANDREW
Right!

Andrew climbs on. Ashlyn catches his arm, demorphing her helmet.

ASHLYN
Are you sure you can do this?

ANDREW
Almost positive.

TRACE
What does that mean?

Blasts echo around them. They look up to see more Alpha Soulless funneling into the streets.

ANDREW
You two deal with them! I’ll stop The Viking… once and for all!

Andrew rides off. Ashlyn remorphs her helmet on as she and trace turn to the new threat.

TRACE
This time… let’s not do what we did last time.

ASHLYN
Definitely not!

The two take stances and race into battle. As Andrew rides down the street, a GPS tracker on his morpher beeps louder and faster. Suddenly, as he rounds a corner, the tank sized VV-01 drives up behind him, opening a door in the grill and lowering a ramp behind him. Andrew watches it warily.

ANDREW
Ok… let’s go!

Andrew puts it in neutral and gets sucked up the ramp into the zord. The ramp & door closes and a red & gold cheetah head pops out, it’s eyes glowing as it roars.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

Andrew climbs off the bike and goes to sit in a chair across the room. Chidra transforms back into himself and merges with a computer on his side. The two slide together and a door opens up, sending them into the cockpit. Andrew hits a button, syncing the system with his morpher and activating it. He looks down at Chidra’s face, which is now the steering wheel.

ANDREW
Uh… what is this?

CHIDRA
I’m the steering wheel. Come on, get to driving before that thing destroys the city.

ANDREW
Yeah, but you’re… right in my…

CHIDRA
Go on?

ANDREW
Never mind- let’s just go.

Andrew activates the zord. His visor lights up with gauges and displays that he can cycle through with his hand as if they were projected in the air before him.

ANDREW
Ok, VV-01, Cheetah Chaser, online!

CHIDRA
Vehicle Mode!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The Viking turns to watch as the Cheetah Chaser heads his way. He chuckles in amusement to himself and aims blasts of fire at it. The car swerves left and right, narrowly avoiding the blasts.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

ANDREW
Whoa! Did you catch the energy readings on those blasts?

CHIDRA
Stronger than I would have thought.

ANDREW
Stronger than anything anyone of us thought!

CHIDRA
Must have something to do with the robotics. This Terry fellow did have two years to perfect his designs.

ANDREW
What do we have to stop him with?

CHIDRA
Oh, your run-of-the-mill missiles… we can launch a spoiler blast.

ANDREW
Spoiler blast?

CHIDRA
Just aim and watch the magic happen!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The VV-01 drifts through a supermarket parking lot, avoiding another blast as it tries to lock onto The Viking.

ANDREW (OS)
I think we got it! Ok, go!

CHIDRA (OS)
Firing now!

The Spoiler on the back of the car lights up with red energy. It slides all the way to the right and pivots on the centerpiece, pointing straight for The Viking. It fires, shooting the energy at the Viking as the kick-back sends the spoiler backwards through the centerpiece to point the other direction. It lights up with energy again and spins back around to point at The Viking. They fire several times, landing blows on their adversary, knocking him to the ground.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

ANDREW
Yeah, we got him!

CHIDRA
Uh… I wouldn’t celebrate yet!

ANDREW
Why’s that- oh.

Andrew watches as the Viking climbs back to his feet, rising out of the smoke and dust and laughs.

Trace and Ashlyn are holding off the Soulless as best they can, but they keep pouring into the street from alleys and side roads Trace fights his way back over to Ashlyn.

TRACE
How you doing?

ASHLYN
Not too bad, I-

They pause as they notice several of the Soulless lining up several feet away.

TRACE
Ashlyn… what’re they doing?

ASHLYN
I’m not sure…

The Soulless level their blades at them and the ones fighting Trace and Ashlyn retreat out of the way. Ashlyn uses her visor to zoom in on the weapons, now noticing that there is a small blaster barrel in between the blades.

ASHLYN
He upgraded! They have guns now!

TRACE
Oh crap!

The two dive out of the way, rolling in opposite directions, as the squad of Soulless fire on where they used to be.

TRACE & ASHLYN
Snap Shooters!

As they roll out of the way on their stomachs, they pull out their Snap Shooters and fire several times on the Soulless firing squad, forcing those remaining to scatter. Ashlyn and Trace leap to their feet, activating their Goggle Daggers and regroup as the Soulless begin circling again.

TRACE
This is not good!

ASHLYN
I’ll second you there!

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

ANDREW
Missiles, fire!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

Several missile slots fold out of the sides and front of the VV-01, sending a barrage at The Viking. They’re enough to knock him back a step when they hit, but barely do any damage.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

ANDREW
What now?

CHIDRA
We’re going to have to try something else. We can’t enter Warrior Mode yet, but we can go into Ani Mode. That’ll give us a bit more maneuverability.

ANDREW
Yeah, sure, if you think it’ll work!

Andrew scrolls through his gauges until he finds one displaying a blueprint status of the zord. He selects the Ani Mode option underneath and the blueprint transforms from a Sports car to a cheetah.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

Four hatches (two on the hood & two on the roof) spring open, folding out into four legs pointing straight in the air.

ANDREW & CHIDRA (OS)
Activating Ani Mode Cheetah!

The legs fold to the sides, taking most of the top of the car with them. Thrusters launch it into the air and the legs fold underneath. The skin of the car, now mostly reversed has gone from black to red with gold spots. The spoiler fold into the tail. The cheetah lands, crouching low and giving a warning growl as it’s eyes flash dangerously.

THE VIKING
Aw! Look at the cute little pussycat! Die!

He shoots his flamethrowers at the zord, but it leaps out of the way, racing around the city blocks and easily avoiding The Viking.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

ANDREW
Good! It’s working!

CHIDRA
I don’t know how long we can fool him though! If we don’t get rid of him fast, he’s bound to think of a way to stop us!

ANDREW
Right… uhhhh? Er… come on.

CHIDRA
Ok, while you do that, I’ll scan for weaknesses! Oy!

ANDREW
What! I’m trying! Um…

Trace is handling himself well. He takes out a couple Soulless before one gets close enough to engage him. He blocks a few swings and kicks before it gets past his defenses and karate chops him in the stomach with it’s weapon. Trace is knocked back a step with the force as it knocks the wind from him. In desperation and anger, he grabs the arm, twists it around, kicks the Soulless’ legs out from under it and slashes at the back of it’s neck with his Goggle Dagger, destroying it. He stumbles, trying to catch his breath and pulls out his Snap Shooter again, blasting at two Soulless rushing him from the front. He turns and fires a third blast, taking out one who is sneaking up on Ashlyn. Ashlyn is spooked by the close call and ducks, narrowly avoiding a slash from the weapon of the Soulless she is fighting. She twists the arm against its chest, throws it back a step and runs up it. Ashlyn kicks off the Soulless, back flipping in the air and slashing at it as she lands, destroying it.

ASHLYN
Thanks!

Trace looks to her as he holds his chest, coughing as he gets his wind back. A Soulless is coming up behind him.

TRACE
No problem.

Ashlyn blasts the Soulless as it’s about to strike, surprising Trace. He looks around wildly, trying to figure out what just happened. Ashlyn flashes him a thumbs up.

ASHLYN
Now we’re even!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The Cheetah Chaser steps out from a skyscraper behind The Viking, who is looking for any sign of movement in the opposite direction.

ANDREW (OS)
Over here, smart guy!

The Viking spins around, firing at them again, but they race off and he misses. He roars in frustration and sets off in their direction to stop them. The Cheetah Chaser dashes behind a warehouse and crouches low.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

ANDREW
We should be ok here for a moment. Got anything yet?

CHIDRA
I think so- what about those flamethrowers? He’s storing some sort of flammable liquid, we just have to fire at the right spot and blow the storage tanks!

ANDREW
Great! That’s genius, I’ll

THE VIKING (OS)
There you are!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The Viking has found their hiding spot and levels his flamethrowers at them. The Cheetah Chaser jumps up and tries to run off, but this time, The Viking hits them, knocking them across the city and through several buildings. The Viking begins approaching them.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

Andrew shields his eyes from the glare of the fire as it dissipates. Alarms are going off all around him.

ANDREW
What’s going on?

CHIDRA
We’re in big trouble! He damages the one of the leg motors and collapsed the external shielding system from the heat! One more blast like that, and we’re goners!

Andrew sits up, gripping the sticks on either side of Chidra’s head tightly as he watches The Viking approach.

CHIDRA
Andrew are you listening?... Andrew?!?

ANDREW
Fire up another spoiler blast! I’ll switch to thermal and locate those tanks you were talking about!

CHIDRA
Ok! I hope this works!

ANDREW
I hope so too!

Andrew taps the side of his helmet, activating a thermal scan of The Viking. The glare of the heat coming from the actual flamethrowers is offsetting the chart and he can’t see past it. The Viking is getting closer.

ANDREW
Come on!

He adjusts the image, bringing it into a tighter focus. The Viking lifts his arms, aiming at them. Finally, Andrew notices a colder spot a few feet up the arms and sets the aim for it.

ANDREW
FIRE NOW!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The tail is already lit up with energy. It adjusts aim and fires, hitting the right arm’s tank and causing it to explode. The Viking is carried backward with the force and falls to one knee. Burning shrapnel goes everywhere, even splintering the rest of the body itself. The Viking looks up at them.

THE VIKING
If I go down… I’m taking you with me!

He aims his other flamethrower at them.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

CHIDRA
On your count!

Andrew starts to say it, but changes his mind as the second flamethrower begins heating up. He adjusts his aim.

ANDREW
Right into the barrel! FIRE!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

As the explosive gas catches, they fire a second blast, which cuts right through the fire and enters the barrel of the flamethrower. The fire envelops the Cheetah Chaser. The blast hits the second tank, causing it to blow the other arm open. The exploding gas escapes through the hole and hits The Viking directly in it’s single eye. The Viking yells out as it melts through and he falls back, exploding.

Trace and Ashlyn are still fighting the Soulless when the explosion happens. Everyone jumps in shock and turn to se the fireball rising into the sky in the distance. The Soulless suddenly stop, seeming to be unsure of what to do.

TRACE
Ready to finish them off?

ASHLYN
Let’s do it!

They’re about to when one of them makes a sudden hyperactive series of buzzes and static noises, waving his arms in the air. One by one, they all do the same thing and begin retreating back to where they came from, disappearing in an ultraviolet flash of energy. Trace and Ashlyn make a move to try to stop them when Reece contacts them on the radio.

REECE (OS)
Leave them, they’re retreating for now.

TRACE
But, what if they come back?

TAMARA (OS)
Rangers! Hurry to Andrew’s coordinates, immediately… he’s in danger.

Ashlyn looks off towards the explosion.

ASHLYN
You don’t mean?

They share a look and race off towards the explosion.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

Andrew is slumped over the control console as sparks burst from equipment around him. He demorphs, the glasses sliding down his face. Chidra also appears to be deactivated, but his eyes suddenly begin to half-heartedly light up.

EXT. EXPLOSION SITE- DAY

Trace and Ashlyn arrive on scene to see VS personnel crowding around, clearing away the rubble of the battle and trying to put the zord fire out. Reece is there. Trace and Ashlyn rip the glasses off, demorphing and approach him.

ASHLYN
No!

TRACE
What happened?

REECE
The Vortex Vehicles weren’t ready to go into battle yet. We’re going to have a hell of a time repairing them!

TRACE
What about the one driving it?

Reece looks at them sadly.

REECE
If he remained in suit, I think we can get him out. I can’t say much for Chidra, although it appears we’ll have to repair him too.

TRACE
Oh! Thank you!

Trace backs off, trying to calm himself down.

ASHLYN
We’ll have to? What does that mean?

REECE
I guess they don’t trust us. Remember that they wouldn’t let anyone near the hanger to help them out? Apparently, the idiots created a contingency plan so we couldn’t “get rid of them.†They designed the Vortex Vehicles so they only work if they’re plugged in, and did it in a way so that we’d have to completely rip the things apart to fix the problem- something we don’t have the luxury of time for.

ASHLYN
But there’s only two of them. What about mine?

REECE
I guess they didn’t think that one through. Looks like the Megazord isn’t going online any time soon.

Reece begins pacing. Ashlyn steps back to hang out with Trace.

ASHLYN
We’ll get him out. You know that.

TRACE
But what if-

VS AGENT I
Look!

Everyone look up as a figure marches out of the fire. They all watch in awe, holding their breath. As the smoke clears, it turns out to be Chidra, carrying Andrew out of the wreckage. Everyone exclaims relief all at once and race to see him as Chidra hands the still unconscious Andrew off to some medics. They crowd around as the medics work on him. Finally, the medic stops, standing and approaching Ashlyn, Trace & Reece warily.

VS MEDIC
He’s ok. He’ll live.

Everyone lets out the breaths they were holding in and express their gratitude. Chidra shrugs to them.

CHIDRA
You’re welcome! Guess it’s a good thing to have me around after all, huh?

Everyone is lined up, watching the screens which show the footage of the battle. The main monitor focuses on Terry/ Enter.

TAMARA
He seems to be calling himself Enter now-

ANDREW
Makes sense.

Everyone looks to him, confused.

ANDREW
When Damarion possessed me before, he used a hologram off of the computer to lure me in. The hologram called itself Enter too.

TAMARA
Sounds like Damarion. He’d be sick enough to find that amusing.

Reece walks over to her, laying a hand on her shoulder.

REECE
How many times do we have to tell you? We’ll get him back, Tamara.

Tamara nods sadly. Reece turns back to the others.

REECE
The main thing now is to prepare. Damarion is back- and with the full cooperation of a technological genius at that. We don’t know what he’s capable of… he could strike any place at any time… we were also able to discover that the canister Enter stole from the warehouse contains an experimental form of energy saving fuel that was bought by local investors- we must therefore assume that he might later decide he needs more and label production sites of this fuel as possible targets.

TAMARA
Plus the zords.

Everyone turns to her as she looks down into the hanger below. Chidra and Kulgor, their secret out, now have a full team working with them to finish the zords. VV-02 & VV-03 are finally shaping up. VV-01 is being rebuilt standing upright in warrior mode.

TAMARA
We should put as much effort as possible into finishing up the zords. If Terry was able to create one of those quote-unquote Omega Soulless’ he’s fully capable of making another.

She turns to back to them.

TAMARA (con’t)
Don’t worry, though. We’re not taking any more shenanigans from Chidra and Kulgor. Hopefully, VV-01 will be rebuilt and VV-02 will be fully operational before Damarion and T… Enter strike again.

Tamara becomes incredibly interested in her Tablet and heads for the hanger entrance, exiting the room. Reece turns to the others.

REECE
Well… I guess that’s everything. Rangers, dismissed.

They salute and exit, heading down the hall and stopping on a golden inlaid VS symbol with a GB inscribed on it in the middle of some sort of atrium. They wave to a security guard at a desk who hits a secret button and the whole floor panel rises up towards the ceiling, where a tunnel suddenly opens up.

The floor slides open and the panel rises through, depositing Andrew, Trace & Ashlyn in the locker room of the store above. They stroll out into the sales floor.

INT. GALA BOTANICALS- DAY

Ryker enters the store and looks up at them, confused.

RYKER
Hey! Where have you guys been? I saw you all leave in the truck before, and-

ANDREW
Making deliveries. Trace & Ashlyn decided to come along so we could catch up.

RYKER
But, what about-

ASHLYN
The catch was that we had to help. We didn’t think you would’ve wanted to.

TRACE
Sorry we didn’t tell you, Andrew’s boss was whipping the poor guy into a frenzy.

Ryker nods absently.

RYKER
Well, uh… nice to see you back.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- NIGHT

Enter is working on a new prototype on his computer. Damarion watches from behind, Cassidy trembling at his feet.

DAMARION
The last one was a failure! Make this one better.

ENTER
I wouldn’t try again if I thought it was a bad idea. We came close, we just need another tactic… maybe with some added energy…

DAMARION
What added energy?

ENTER
Tenir a l’instant, monsieur. I’m thinking.

The monitor shows blueprints for some sort of hypodermic needle robot.

INT. ASHLYN & TERYN’S DORM- NIGHT

Ashlyn is curled up in bed, thinking about the premonitions of her sister.

ASHLYN
I will save you, sweetie… I swear.

TERYN
Who are you talking to?

Ashlyn looks up in surprise to see Teryn come back from the bathroom in pajamas.

ASHLYN
Wha- oh… nothing. Just myself.

FADE TO BLACK…

Episode four should be up sometime tomorrow afternoon. Now, for the episode five synopsis:

Episode V
The Gorilla Roars
When the Rangers go up against The Architect, Ashlyn is tossed out to sea and becomes lost, leading to a dilemma between Andrew and Trace: Which is more important, stopping the Architect, or saving Ashlyn's life?

Power Rangers Vortex Shield
Episode IV
The Doctor Is Out of His Mind

EXT. SLATE CREEK COLLEGE, LECTURE HALL- DAY

Ashlyn is sitting through a lecture, but is barely paying attention. She is thinking about her sister and is having flashbacks from the previous episodes.

ASHLYN
Cassidy…

She gasps as another image flashes through her mind. She and Teryn, among others, are being led through a high electrified fence with barbed wire at the top a voice is speaking over a loud speaker, but it’s indistinct and jumbled and she can’t understand it.

ASHLYN
What was that?

Ashlyn looks around in confusion. Everyone is staring at her as she is now standing and several feet from her seat. She flashes an awkward smile and giggles, and then gathers her things and rushes out.

INT. ASHLYN & TERYN’S DORM- DAY

Ashlyn opens the door & hears talking inside. She eases the door open & sees Teryn skyping with Ryker on her phone.

RYKER
No, I’m serious! There’s something going on with them- I’m sure of it.

TERYN
Oh, yeah, like what?

RYKER
They disappear at the oddest times with no explanation; the ones they give when they come back are bull-

TERYN
Huh. Maybe they just want to get away from you.

RYKER
Teryn, this isn’t funny! They’re keeping things from us- and we’re supposed to be their best friends!

TERYN
Goodbye, Ryker.

RYKER
No, wait, I-

Teryn turns off the feed and turns to see Ashlyn there.

TERYN
How long have you been… you heard that whole thing, didn’t you?

ASHLYN
Yeah.

Ashlyn walks over and plops down on her bed.

TERYN
Well, you’ll have to deal with that on your own time. He’s been blabbering on about that for a few weeks now. He just won’t shut up. Hey, you’re out of class early today.

Teryn flops down next to Ashlyn.

TERYN (cont)
What’s happening, girlfriend?

Ashlyn appears deep in thought. She suddenly jumps to her feet. Teryn is somewhat confused.

TERYN
Where you… going… girlfriend?

ASHLYN
Oh, I’m sorry, but, uh, here are my notes- I got to go. Sorry!

Ashlyn leaves her things and rushes out. Teryn sighs & flops back down.

TERYN
Whatever.

INT. TRACE & RYKER’S DORM- DAY

Trace is playing a video game when Ryker enters the room.

TRACE
Hey, where have you been, man, I’ve been covering you for hours now.

RYKER
Sorry, Trace… um… those enchiladas didn’t sit very well with me.

TRACE
Eh! Don’t tell me about that, just get back on and help- that is if your hands are clean.

Ryker snatches up the controller indignantly.

RYKER
What do you mean? Of course my hands are clean!

They play for a moment.

GAME
Level Fourteen! Begin!

TRACE
Oh, this one’s hard. I’m really going to need your help here.

RYKER
That’s why I’m-

The door flies open & Ashlyn enters.

ASHLYN
Trace?

TRACE
Yup.

Trace immediately abandons the game & the two exit.

RYKER
Hey! But, what about… oh, screw this. I’m finding out what you guys are up to if it’s the end of me.

He begins turning the game off and prepares to follow them.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

Enter is messing with his laptop while Damarion watches patiently.

DAMARION
Any success in finding him?

ENTER
Almost got a lock, monsieur. Then, we’ll siphon him out and… well, if you haven’t caught on by now…

DAMARION
Enough talking! Keep working.

ENTER
Don’t have to… I’m done. My lord, Damarion, meet your servant…

Enter activates the Vortex machine, summoning a spirit and placing it into a strange silver robot with a medical theme.

ENTER (cont)
Dr. Phillip VonWeiss, a la… le docteur.

The robot comes online. It begins speaking with a German accent.

THE DOCTOR
What? What is this? Where am I?

DAMARION
Dr. VonWeiss- the time has come to serve your master again!

THE DOCTOR
Oh, anything, master Damarion! Where have you been?

DAMARION
In the human world… as you are now, as well.

THE DOCTOR
I’m back home?

DAMARION
And you have a mission. I want souls for my army. Get them for me!

THE DOCTOR
Souls… well, that is but a simple request, Master. It will be done.

DAMARION
I’m sure it will.

INT. VSHQ, INNVATION CENTER- DAY

Tamara & Reece are checking on their new equipment.

REECE
What’s the ETA on the zords?

TAMARA
VV-01 is on schedule. It will be completed within the hour- however, we’re still waiting on the other two before we can activate the Vortex Wraith.

REECE
What’s wrong, besides the obvious?

TAMARA
Nothing much. We’ve been putting the most energy into VV-01, so we at least have a Warrior Zord in case of another attack, but VV-02 is nearing completion as well.

REECE
What about VV-03?

TAMARA
It’s done; in general… we just don’t have a quote-unquote buddyroid to operate it.

REECE
Buddyroid?

TAMARA
That’s what everyone’s starting to call them- personally, I don’t get it either. Those two are a pain & they’re taking more time to soak up all the attention for the zord designs & saving Andrew than actually working on the zords.

REECE
That’s why we have engineers.

TAMARA
Yeah. Well, if only they could focus on their work.

They stop at the window & watch the progress below. Chidra is acting all high & mighty and Kulgor is lost & confused. The workers are trying to do their job, but Chidra keeps interrupting & screwing around.

REECE
So, when are the Rangers due in for training today?

TAMARA
Seven PM sharp, why?

REECE
Well, I’ve been monitoring some things & I thought there was something odd-

TAMARA
You want me to call them in?

REECE
No, no… it wasn’t that odd. We’ll let them get on with their normal lives, for today.

TAMARA
Oh, if only they knew all you were doing for them.

REECE
Huh. Quaint.

Tamara makes a small noise of agreement & stalks off.

REECE
On second thought, bring them in.

TAMARA
One step ahead of you.

Trace & Ashlyn are talking to Andrew over the counter.

ANDREW
Are you sure about that?

ASHLYN
Um, it’d be kind of hard not to in this instance.

Andrew stops, thinking for a moment.

ANDREW
Then, I guess we have to be extra careful around him for now.

TRACE
Well… maybe we should stop keeping this from him. He is our friend and all- we might be alienating him, or something.

ASHLYN
Well, that’s not our call to make.

They sit in silence for a while. Andrew cleans the counter.

ASHLYN
And… there’s something else.

The others look up. In the back of the store, Ryker turns on his camcorder & sneaks around behind a shelf, taping them from a distance.

RYKER
Ok, Teryn, you want proof- here’s your stupid proof.

TRACE
Well, speak up, Ashlyn, what is it?

ASHLYN
I… had another vision… in class today.

ANDREW
Was it your sister again?

ASHLYN
No, it was… weird. I’ve never experience anything like that before. It was like I was somewhere else & I was actually up and moving around.

TRACE
Ooh, better watch out. They’ll throw you in the ward.

ANDREW
How far did you get?

ASHLYN
I don’t know, like, halfway across the lecture hall. I left right after though… it’s going to be a pain in the butt explaining that to everyone.

Suddenly, their morphers beep. They all check them & look up.

ANDREW
Come on, guys.

The three head for the locker room. Ryker follows.

Ryker enters with the camcorder, having seen them go in several seconds earlier. There is no one inside.

RYKER
Look at this. Where did they go? I saw them come in here. I got it on tape and all. Look, there are no other entrances or exits… where are they?

INT. VSHQ- INNOVATION CENTER- DAY

Andrew, Trace & Ashlyn walk in & line up in front of Tamara & Reece.

REECE
That was quick… were you all upstairs already? And I thought you had class this morning.

ASHLYN
We just needed to discuss some things, sir.

REECE
Ok, then… but we have an issue.

ANDREW
Which is?

REECE
I… noticed some strange activity coming from Slate Creek General Hospital. There’s been a strange increase of patients there dropping into a coma- I’d like you to find out why.

TRACE
What would be the point of that?

Everyone looks up at him.

TRACE
I mean, what does Damarion gain from putting people in a coma? That just doesn’t make any sense.

TAMARA
There is one possibility.

Everyone looks to her. She tries to distract herself with her tablet.

TAMARA
When Damarion steals a soul, the person doesn’t die… they just go unconscious. And a hospital is the perfect place to harvest weakened, unwilling, “useless†souls to make Damarion stronger.

Everyone pauses. Trace now seems somewhat embarrassed by his earlier statement.

TRACE
Well, then… we find out if this is connected to him or not… and then we stop him.

ANDREW
That’s right… any additional orders?

REECE
That’s all- for now.

INT. SLATE CREEK MYSTIC’S SHOP- DAY

Teryn is sifting through random things at the local magic shop & groans in annoyance when she realizes a small table statue is too expensive. Her phone rings & she picks up, activating Skype to see Ryker.

RYKER
Teryn! You have to see this, I-

TERYN
Ryker- you’re in trouble, you know. Ashlyn overheard the whole conversation earlier and-

RYKER
Great, cause now I’ve got something to confront them with.

Teryn pulls a wry face.

TERYN
What are you talking about?

RYKER
I’m sending it to you now. Watch this and tell me- tell me- they aren’t up to something freaky.

Teryn sighs in aggravation.

TERYN
Whatever you say.

The phone makes a triumphant noise when the video arrives. Teryn opens it and starts watching.

TERYN
Oh my god, you actually spied on them at-

RYKER
Shh! Shhh, watch. Just watch.

Teryn sighs and continues watching. When Ryker gets to the locker room & no one is there, Teryn’s eyes go wide.

RYKER
You see?

TERYN
I don’t get it. Where’d they go?

RYKER
Well, that’s the question, isn’t it?

Teryn is silent for a moment.

TERYN
Where are you?

RYKER
I’m scouting the place. Waiting for them to go right- oh, there they are. Got to go!

TERYN
Wait, I want to come and-

RYKER
Hold on a bit. I’ll call you when they get where they’re going! Bye!

Ryker hangs up. Teryn turns off her phone and rushes out of the store.

TERYN
In the universe where that boy is right, something is terribly wrong!

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL- DAY

Andrew, Trace & Ashlyn enter and look around.

TRACE
Nothing suspicious right off the bat.

ANDREW
We should split up and have a look around. Meet up here in 1600 hours if we’ve found nothing, radio if we do?

ASHLYN
Famous last words.

The other two look to her awkwardly.

ASHLYN
Oh, I’m not shooting down the plan, I’m just saying.

ANDREW
Right guys. Move out.

EXT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL- DAY

Ryker is calling Teryn from his van.

RYKER
Yeah, I’ve got them. Right outside the hospital.

TERYN (OS)
Great! Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be right there.

RYKER
You’ll be the first to know if they do.

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, MAIN LOBBY- DAY

Trace is questioning the nurses.

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, CHILDREN’S WARD- DAY

Ashlyn is questioning a group of doctors, but soon gets sidetracked by a small girl with a teddy bear. Ashlyn leans down with a smile to talk to her when she gets another vision of her & Teryn, decrepit & cowering in the back of a dingy room. A maniacal laugh issues out and she looks up to see a shadow. She snaps back to reality with a gasp as a confused nurse leads the child away, giving Ashlyn a dirty look. Ashlyn, embarrassed, moves on.

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, CANCER WARD- DAY

Andrew starts talking to some people at the main desk.

Teryn’s car swerves to a halt by Ryker’s van, making him flinch. He gets out as Teryn exits her vehicle in a huff.

TERYN
Ok, where are they?

RYKER
Inside somewhere. Come on.

The two start walking in.

TERYN
Keep something from your best friend, now would you?

RYKER
We’re in the same boat, Teryn, just relax.

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, PATIENT’S ROOM- DAY

A skinny, balding man is lying in bed when a german sounding voice issues.

THE DOCTOR
And how are we doing today, sir?

PATIENT
You aren’t my normal doctor?

THE DOCTOR
He’s out today… und so are you!

The Doctor pulls the curtain back, revealing himself to the patient, who lets out a scream. Over him is standing a silver robot seemingly bristling with giant needles.

THE DOCTOR
Your weak soul will make an excellent addition to my master’s collection!

Andrew is about to leave when the man comes flying out of his room, surrounded in his bed sheets, screaming. Andrew turns back to the nearest doctor.

ANDREW
This isn’t the mental ward, is it?

ENDEMIOLOGIST
No… this is the cancer ward.

The Doctor steps out, laughing and goes after the man.

ANDREW
Get everyone out of here! Now!

The Endemiologist complies and Andrew rushes The Doctor.

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, MAAIN LOBBY- DAY

Trace is about to leave when he hears the call over a nearby security guard’s radio.

TRACE
Mind telling me what ward that’s from?

SECURITY GUARD
Why should I-

Trace flashes his badge real quick.

TRACE
I think you should.

SECURITY GUARD
Oh! Sure, man, I didn’t realize… uh, I’ll take you! Right this way!

TRACE
Hurry!

The two rush off just as Ryker & Teryn enter & approach the desk.

TERYN
Hi. Did three people our age just walk in here?

RYKER
Two guys and a girl?

NURSE
Ma’am, sir, I can’t really disclose-

TERYN
No, you don’t understand.

She & the nurse begin arguing and talking over one another.

Trace & the Guard enter. Trace assesses the situation & turns to the guard.

TRACE
Get all these people to safety, my associate & I will handle this, ok?

The guard nods & helps the last few people out. Andrew & Trace approach The Doctor.

ANDREW
Spirit, stop your activity, now!

THE DOCTOR
Or what, are you going to hurt me? I’m already dead, you idiot! Take this!

The Doctor pulls out a handful of needle darts & throws them. Andrew & Trace dive for cover & activate their morphers. Andrew spawns his glasses on.

ANDREW
Vortex Shield!

Trace taps the watch face on his morpher & his glasses light up with code.

TRACE
Pass on!

The two morph into the Red & Blue Rangers & leap at The Doctor, slapping their transponders in midair.

BOTH
Goggle Daggers!

They spawn in the binoculars & smack the VS symbol on the connecting piece, causing them to fold out into blades. They begin slashing down the syringe darts flying through the air. Andrew holds up his morpher.

ANDREW
Ashlyn? We found him, we could really use your help right now, cancer ward!

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, HALLWAY- DAY

Ashlyn receives the call & nods to herself, heading off, but Teryn & Ryker come around the corner & cut her off.

RYKER
There you are!

ASHLYN
Guys! What are you doing here… together?

TERYN
Hey, we’re asking the questions- we’re settling this right here, right now.

Ashlyn pauses, trying to think up an excuse.

ASHLYN
Ok, but I really think… Andrew & Trace should be here too!

TERYN
The more the merrier- where are they, we’ll all go get them right now.

ASHLYN
Um… you stay here, and I’ll go get them- I’m sorry, I’ve got to go.

Before they can respond, she rushes past them and heads off. Teryn & Ryker eye each other indignantly.

BOTH
NO!

They chase after her.

Trace & Andrew are still fighting The Doctor when Ashlyn bursts in.

ASHLYN
Vortex Shield, Pass On!

Ashlyn morphs into the Yellow Ranger & rushes into the fight.

ANDREW
Oh, there you are!

TRACE
We thought you’d forgotten about us!

ASHLYN
Vortex Fire, YH03!

She fires a blast at The Doctor, knocking him down & joins the other two.

ASHLYN
Very funny- but we’ve got really bad news coming this-

The doors burst open again. The three turn to see Teryn & Ryker stroll in. The Doctor sees them too as he climbs back to his feet.

TERYN
This better be where they’ve gone! This is getting-

The Doctor throws some more syringe darts. One of them hits the door closest to Ryker as the two enter. The door flies back, knocking Ryker out instantly. Teryn eyes him blankly.

TERYN
Ryker?

The three begin yelling to Teryn to leave & get Ryker out. She turns to them.

TERYN
What is going… you!

Her eyes go wide, her pupils dilate & her voice changes. She points at The Doctor in shock.

TERYN
No! You are dead, you cannot hurt me and my sister any-

THE DOCTOR
Ahhhh! I know you… you were Marishka, were you not?

TERYN
I am Marishka; I don’t know what you’re talking about!

ANDREW
What’s going on?

TRACE
I don’t know- Ashlyn?

ASHLYN
I’m not sure; I… don’t feel too good.

TERYN
What have you done with her? What have you done with my sister, VonWeiss!?!

ASHLYN
VonWeiss?

Flashbacks begin coming to her in rapid succession of being in a concentration camp & of The Doctor, aka Dr. VonWeiss.

TRACE
VonWeiss?

ASHLYN
You.

TRACE
The WWII doctor?

ANDREW
That VonWeiss? Didn’t he used to experiment on people?

Suddenly, Ashlyn straightens. She begins hyperventilating and backing away, her voice has changed as well.

ASHLYN
How are you here? You’re dead! We got rid of you- you can’t be here!

THE DOCTOR
Oh, but I am… seems the whole family is back for the reunion… Tanya Zenkov.

ASHLYN
No…no- no- NO- NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!

ANDREW
Ashlyn? What’s wrong?

TRACE
Calm down… wait, did he just call her Tanya?

ANDREW
And her… Marishka… Ok, we need to back off and figure out what going-

THE DOCTOR
You’re not going anywhere, Rangers! Soulless, attack!

The Soulless begin pouring in from the patient rooms to surround them. Ashlyn shrieks in fright & Teryn faints. Andrew slaps his transponder.

ANDREW
Vortex Fire! Trace, get them out of here! I’ll cover you!

TRACE
Right!

Trace rushes back & Andrew summersaults between his friends & the Soulless & begins shooting. Trace grabs Ashlyn’s shoulder.

ASHLYN
What are those things?

TRACE
We have to get out of here!

ASHLYN
Who are you?

TRACE
Ashlyn, come on!

ASHLYN
Who’s Ashlyn? What kind of a name is that, anyway?

Trace growls in frustration and drags her towards Teryn.

ASHLYN
Marishka, are you ok?

Ashlyn breaks away and kneels over her, shaking her awake. Teryn groans, coming around slowly.

ASHLYN
Oh, thank goodness!

TERYN
Tanya? What happened?

ASHLYN
I don’t know… but he’s back.

TERYN
Where are we?

ASHLYN
I-

Ashlyn finally has a good look around and pauses, confused.

ASHLYN
I don’t know, I-

TRACE
Come ON!

Trace herds them out. Andrew catches up with them & throws Ryker over his shoulder. They all head out. The Doctor leads the remaining Soulless after them.

THE DOCTOR
Marishka, my dear, I’m coming for you! You won’t scorn me again!

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, HALLWAY- DAY

As they rush down halls at random, they come to an intersection and are hit with a tight bunch of robotic tentacles which send them flying down the hall and scatter them. They look up as Enter approaches.

ENTER
So sorry, but you won’t be escaping today- non, non, non.

Andrew activates the radio on his morpher.

TAMARA (OS)
Andrew? What’s going on?

ANDREW
We have two civilians down & Ashlyn is really, really disoriented, we need backup, now- Slate Creek Memorial! Send any team, fast as you can! Civilians are cleared… for the most part! Go!

TAMARA (OS)
Well, what’s wrong with her?

ANDREW
I don’t know! She thinks she’s someone else!

He watches as Enter approaches from one side. A set of doors burst open on the other end of the hall & The Doctor & his group enter from there.

TAMARA (OS)
Can this someone else fight?

ASHLYN
Get away from my sister!

She rushes the Soulless & gets easily slapped down by one.

ANDREW
Apparently not! Get that group here, quick, Trace & I will try to hold them off!

ENTER
Conversation’s over, monamie!

Enter grabs Andrew & lifts him up to face level.

ANDREW
Terry, you don’t have to do this! I escaped; you don’t have to listen to Damarion!

ENTER
Hmm… touching… but Terry’s gone- forever!

Enter throws Andrew into the groups of Soulless who grab him & weigh him down.

ANDREW
Ok, you asked for this!

He swings one arm, then the other, throwing them off. Andrew leaps into the air and fires his Vortex Fire at Enter, who poses casually & whips them out with his tentacles. Enter smiles smugly & wipes his chin with the back of a hand, then looks at it.

ENTER
Nope. Not a single drop of sweat spilt, for the mighty Red Ranger.

Teryn is awake & the two are freaking out at their apparent change of surroundings. The Doctor approaches them and glances at them, confused. Enter is about to lunge for Andrew when The Doctor interrupts.

THE DOCTOR
Wait!

Enter stops & sighs in a frustrated manner.

ENTER
Oui, oui, what is it?

THE DOCTOR
It occurs to me this would be oh so much more fun… if the girls knew what was happening.

ENTER
You seriously want to wait?

THE DOCTOR
Just for a while- it won’t bother nothing.

ENTER
It’ll bother Damarion- oh, never mind. Have it your way. But, I get to blame you, stupide.

Enter teleports out.

THE DOCTOR
He’ll understand, I’m sure.

The Doctor & Soulless follow. Andrew & Trace look around, confused. They rush over to Ashlyn, Teryn & Ryker.

ANDREW
Great, looks like we’ve got another hour or so. Come on, let’s get them out of here!

TRACE
Yeah, let’s.

Andrew & Trace bring them outside. As they round the building and head for Ryker’s car he wakes up to find himself being carried by Andrew.

RYKER
What are you doing, man, put me down!

ANDREW
Fine.

Andrew sets him down and he immediately grabs Teryn’s arm and starts leading her away.

ANDREW
Hey, hey, where are you going?

ASHLYN
Where are you taking my sister?

RYKER
No, no, we follow you guys and everything goes to- seriously? Your sister? You aren’t… never mind- I’ve had enough of this crap, I don’t know what happened & and I don’t want to. Come on, Teryn!

TERYN
But I want to-

RYKER
COME ON!

They watch as Ryker leads Teryn away.

TRACE
Well, nice to know he finally got some balls out of that experience. Should we-

The VS vans pull in, distracting them.

ANDREW
Ok, you go after them, Trace, I’ll take care of Ashlyn & make the report.

TRACE
Works for me.

Around the other side of the building, Teryn finally breaks free of Ryker’s grip.

RYKER
What are you doing?

TERYN
I want to go with them!

RYKER
What’s with your voice, why are you talking like that?

TERYN
Talking like what?

RYKER
Never mind, have it your way. See ya!

Ryker walks off and turns a corner into an indoor parking garage. Teryn turns to go the other way when several Soulless teleport in and abduct her. Teryn gets out a single scream and them she is gone. Ryker comes jogging back out to the scene.

RYKER
I… parked… over here.

As he reaches the corner, he runs into Trace.

TRACE
Ryker! Hey, where’d Teryn go?

RYKER
What are you talking about, she went back to you guys.

TRACE
When?

RYKER
Just now. Look, I don’t have time for this, my classes are starting in… twenty minutes- I have to go.

Before Trace can say anything else, Ryker is gone. Trace face-palms himself.

TRACE
Oh, this is bad.

INT. VSHQ, MEDICAL- DAY

Ashlyn comes to on a cot and looks around, confused. As she gauges her surroundings, she begins hyperventilating and looking for a way out. The door opens, making her jump with a yelp. Tamara enters.

TAMARA
It’s ok… Tonya, is it?

Ashlyn only manages a snap of a nod.

TAMARA
You’re safe here. Don’t worry.

ASHLYN
Where is he?

TAMARA
You mean the Doctor? Mr.… VonWeiss?

Ashlyn stares back blankly.

INT. VSHQ, MEDICAL OBSERVATION ROOM- DAY

Tamara returns to find Andrew, Trace, Chidra & Reece there.

TAMARA
I- Chidra, what are you doing here?

CHIDRA
What… I can’t care about a work associate too?

TAMARA
…Whatever.

REECE
So? What do you think it is?

TAMARA
Well, from what I can gather, Ashlyn must have shared a past life with Dr. VonWeiss-your friend Teryn too, we should really get her in here for observation.

TRACE
If we can find her. We don’t know what happened to her.

TAMARA
Most likely, she’s been captured by Damarion. That was a good call, playing it off for your other friend, Ryker, the less people on the outside who know about us, the better.

REECE
Do you know how this could have happened?

TAMARA
Well, going off of reincarnation theories, all people have what they call a soul family. Basically, the same group of friends and enemies tend to reoccur in close proximity to you in every life- with some exceptions. Sometimes, a certain person will reappear, sometimes not. Sometimes, they’ll be in a different capacity than they were in the last life, such as… a brother and sister from one life becoming lovers in the next.

Everyone in the room cringes.

TAMARA
I didn’t say they were still brother and sister! Anyway, I think that this VonWeiss is part of Ashlyn & Teryn’s soul family who didn’t return in this life because he swore his soul to Damarion. That isn’t a real problem, but the sudden reappearance in this life could cause a psychological regression back to that past life.

REECE
So, you’re saying she now thinks that she is this Czech girl, Tonya?

ANDREW
From WWII?

TRACE
Well, then how do we save her? She’s not going to be stuck like this forever, is she?

TAMARA
Well… going for the lowest common denominator, she regressed due to some sort of emotional shock- something her spirit thought was taken care of that’s now an issue again. Therefore, we have to give her the satisfaction of re-fulfilling that desire, and she and Teryn should go right back to normal.

They all turn back to the two-way mirror, watching Ashlyn examine her surroundings.

ANDREW
So what does she want?

TRACE
It’s obvious, isn’t it? She wants The Doctor dead again.

TAMARA
I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions. It’s obviously something to do with The Doctor as his reappearance triggered it, but it could be any number of things- fixing something that went wrong due to him in a past life, escaping him, saving her quote- unquote sister… we won’t really know until she tells us.

TRACE
Most of those sound like they could be fixed by destroying the Doctor-

TAMARA
And what if you do the wrong thing and she ends up stuck like this? I’m just saying, don’t jump to conclusions. We have to know all the details before we act.

ANDREW
Then what do we do about Teryn?

TAMARA
I’m trying to think up a way to run a search for her now, but I need something to track.

ANDREW
The Doctor?

TRACE
Her cell phone?

TAMARA
I tried them both, neither is working. I need something Damarion and… Enter haven’t figured out how to scramble the tracking capabilities from.

They pause for a bit in silence. Andrew suddenly heads for the door.

TRACE
Where are you going?

ANDREW
Same place you are, come on. We need to scout for them- they can’t have left the city. Reece, send teams out to cover each sector, Trace, you take the hospital.

TRACE
Ooo…kay and where are you going?

ANDREW
To follow a hunch.

Andrew exits. Trace looks to the others and he and Reece follow. Tamara sighs sadly and watches Ashlyn.

TAMARA
So much trouble cause by something so simple… who would have thought.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

Enter walks in to be greeted by Damarion.

DAMARION
Where’d you put her.

ENTER
The little bunny brat is now in the same place as The Doctor’s prisoner. Too bad we couldn’t have actually gotten the Ranger, though, that would’ve been so much better.

DAMARION
The Rangers will be looking for her! Are you sure you want her alone with them?

ENTER
It’s twenty yards away, the moment they attack- if they are so bold- they’ll be completely surrounded by a full arsenal of my Soulless and I’ll be following right behind. You have nothing to fear, monsieur.

Damarion grumbles to himself.

DAMARION
It’s on you if anything goes wrong. How much longer on the big one?

ENTER
Oui, oui, oui, the Doctor’s Soulless double is almost complete. And I have a few other things in store for the Rangers if they interfere this day.

DAMARION
Good. You know what I think about defeat.

ENTER
Of course. I saw what you did to VonWeiss for being so… inconsiderate.

INT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Teryn wakes up groggily.

TERYN
Oh… Tonya? Tonya, my sister, where are you?

CASSIDY
Are you ok?

TERYN
Yes, but where is- AHHH!

Teryn jumps when she sees the little robotic bunny hopping around in front of her.

THE DOCTOR
Get away from there!

CASSIDY
I’m sorry.

Cassidy hops back a few steps as The Doctor hoves into view, fuming angrily.

THE DOCTOR
Don’t worry, Marishka, you’ll see your sister again! And when they come looking for you, you’ll both be finished, along with the blasted Rangers!

Teryn scoots back to the wall, hugging her knees in close and biting her lip to hold back a scream.

INT. VSHQ, MEDICAL- DAY

Tamara walks back in, causing Ashlyn to jump in fright.

TAMARA
I’m sorry, it’s just me again. You’re really jumpy aren’t you?

ASHLYN
You wouldn’t be if this happened to you?

Tamara smiles humorlessly.

TAMARA
I suppose I would be. Look, I need to ask you a few questions.

EXT. SLATE CREEK, WAREHOUSE DISTRICT- DAY

Andrew rides up to the outskirts on the Cheetah Racer and halts.

ASHLYN (VO)
Yes?

TAMARA (VO)
What do you remember about Dr. VonWeiss?

ANDREW
You ready?

CHIDRA
Yeah. Come on, man, let’s go! Or do you want to save your friend?

ANDREW
Oh, trust me it’s the first thing on my mind. Vortex Shield, Pass On!

Andrew morphs and twists the accelerator, driving off.

ASHLYN (VO)
He was an evil man.

INT. SLATE CREEK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL- DAY

Trace is looking around for a clue.

TAMARA (VO)
I need a bit more than that. We want to help you destroy him forever and… we want to help you get back where you belong. But to do that, we need you to decide why you are here.

ASHLYN (VO)
What do you mean?

TAMARA (VO)
You may not be aware of it-

INT. VSHQ, MEDICAL- DAY

TAMARA (cont.)
-but you came back for a reason. Can you tell me what it was?

Ashlyn tries to think way too hard.

EXT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Andrew is positioned high, using his Goggle Dagger in thermal mode to scout the area for signs of life. He notices something odd, a hot spot and two cold spots in one warehouse and taps the side of his helmet, activating his com-link.

INT. VSHQ, MEDICAL DAY

Andrew’s voice comes on her tablet.

ANDREW (OS)
Tamara, I think I found what we’re looking for. Get the analysts to scan the data. I’ll call Trace to the scene- we’re awaiting your orders.

Tamara eyes the Tablet. Ashlyn looks at it as if seeing it for the first time and goes wide eyed in awe. Tamara touches her leg comfortingly.

TAMARA
The door’s not locked- you can get it open with your security badge, see?

Tamara lifts the plastic card around Ashlyn’s neck.

TAMARA
Just swipe your picture over the black box by the door. Come see me if you figure anything out.

Tamara exits. Ashlyn lifts the badge to get a loser look.

ASHLYN
Ashlyn… Connors? Who’s Ashlyn?

Tamara makes it just as Reece does and they all begin shouting orders at the group of analysts inside.

Trace races to his van and climbs inside, driving off to find Andrew.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

An alarm starts going off while Enter is working. He sighs, irritated, and nonchalantly drops his goggles over his eyes, tapping a button on the side.

ENTER
Accessing security network… locate disturbance epicenter… and zoom.

He smiles, raising the goggles back to his forehead.

ENTER
Well, well, well, it seems we have a little intrus rouge.

DAMARION
Well! What are you waiting for? Get rid of him!

ENTER
Oh, he’s not going anywhere- yet. I have a much better idea.

Enter returns to his computers, working on several robot designs at once.

DAMARION
Your attitude is coming close to crossing a line, my servant.

ENTER
Oh, but where would you be without me?

INT. VSHQ, MEDICAL- DAY

Ashlyn is thinking hard. Images are starting to flood back to her- of her and her sister trying to escape, of their friends being led to their deaths at the hands of the Doctor, of them fighting for their lives as the allies move in and rescue them… of the Doctor killing Marishka before they manage to save them both. Ashlyn’s eyes shoot wide open. She rushes to the door and tries several times to open it before realizing that she is holding the card backwards. She tries again and this time, it opens. She rushes out and stops the first person she sees.

ASHLYN
Where- where is Tamara?

AGENT I
Dr. Reynolds? This way.

He leads her off.

EXT. WAREHOUSES- DAY

Trace rushes up and joins Andrew and Chidra.

CHIDRA
Oh, there you are.

TRACE
So you found them? What are we waiting for?

ANDREW
They’re analyzing the data now. When they call back, we can attack.

His transponder beeps.

TRACE
Speak of the devil. Vortex Shield, Pass On!

Tamara is talking to Andrew and Trace via her tablet.

TAMARA
Ok, guys, you’re cleared for attack. There are two entrances, the front door and a side entrance. Trace, attack the front with your sidearm to lure them away while Andrew breaks in the back and catches them from behind.

CHIDRA (OS)
And what do I do?

TAMARA
You secure the hostages.

EXT. WAREHOUSES- DAY

CHIDRA
Hey, now, wait a moment-

TRACE
Stop whining! Come on!

CHIDRA
AWWWWW!

The three rush off.

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

Enter is still working furiously as the alarms sound again.

DAMARION
Is that what you were waiting for.

Enter sighs and diverts his attention to a different computer. Several Soulless go online and march out of chambers along the wall.

ENTER
Why don’t you guys go help The Doctor, or something- I’ll catch up with you later.

The Soulless exit.

DAMARION
How much longer is this going to take?

ENTER
Without any more distractions… definitely no longer than it’s going to take two Rangers to stop the Doctor and a squad of Soulless.

Ashlyn bursts in.

ASHLYN
I know! I know why I’m here!

Everyone looks to her. Tamara and Reece share a look before turning back to her. Tamara goes to speak, but an alarm goes off. They turn back to the plasma screen at the end of the room.

TAMARA
Oh no, that is not good.

Tamara races over to the window overlooking the hanger.

TAMARA
Someone please tell me the Vortex Vehicles are ready!

ENGINEER I
VV-02 and VV-03 are in working order… but we still don’t have a buddyroid for VV-03.

TAMARA
That’s fine for now! Just get VV-01 and 02 out to the Rangers right now! They’re going to need them!

She looks back to the screen to see what appears to be a Megazord sized Soulless without the red suit and two slightly smaller robots that appear to be in armored spacesuits with yellow visors and a pair of laser cannons sticking up over their shoulders. The camera zooms in to show Enter hanging on the the side of the giant Soulless, a smug smile on his face. Tamara turns back the Ashlyn.

TAMARA
I’m sorry, what did you want to say?

EXT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Trace walks up and fires his Snap Shooter at the door at low power, causing several dents. He hears a thumping sound and looks up to see the three robots coming his way.

TRACE
Oh crap.

Enter leaps off his mount and flips through the air, landing in a crouch before Trace.

ENTER
The Blue Ranger? Well, I’m sure Rouge will show up sooner or later.

The door opens and The Doctor and a small guard of Soulless walk out, surrounding Trace.

THE DOCTOR
What’s all this noise? Ah… a guest. Well, don’t be rude mine friends… show him some hospitality.

Trace turns slowly, monitoring his predicament.

TRACE
This day is just getting worse and worse.

At the back, Andrew and Chidra are about the break in the side door when shots rain out of nowhere, knocking them back. They look up as Soulless start pouring in and surround them.

ANDREW
Oh, I live for the unexpected.

CHIDRA
And I live for the fight! Let’s get rid of these guys before something happens to our charge.

ANDREW
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

The two charge opposite ends of the narrow alley between warehouses and engage the Soulless.

EXT. VSHQ- DAY

A hidden entrance to the Hanger opens and VV-01 drives out.

ENGINEER I
VV-01 is out and en route to the Rangers. I repeat is en route. Kulgor is making his way to VV-02. VV-01 ETA ten minutes. VV-02 ETA fifteen.

INT. VSHQ, HANGER- DAY

Kulgor is overly excited about the coming battle. He races up to his Vortex Vehicle.

KULGOR
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I finally get to see some action! Wait til I get back, guys, I’ll tell you all about- Doh!

As Kulgor rushes up the ramp, he hits the door frame and collapses. Other workers nearby rush up and check him. One of them calls upstairs.

INT, VSHQ, INNOVATION CENTER- DAY

ASHLYN
This time, I am going to save her! It is not fair that he gets to come back and do what he did to her and to everyone else! This time, he gets nothing. I want to help make sure of that!

Tamara walks up and embraces her.

TAMARA
That’s good. We’ll make sure that he’s gone forever this time, right?

Everyone in the room exclaims. Ashlyn hugs Tamara back as she begins crying.

ASHLYN
Thank you.

TAMARA
No problem.

The engineer comes on over Tamara’s tablet.

ENGINEER II
Uh… doc, we’ve got a situation down here.

Tamara rushes over, putting her headset on.

TAMARA
What kind of a situation?

ENGINEER II
Well, Kulgor was boarding the VV-02 and… he kind of… sort of.

REECE
Well, spit it out man! What happened?

INT. VSHQ, HANGER- DAY

The engineers are all standing over Kuglor’s body. Engineer II is standing aside, giving his report over a radio.

ENGINEER II
I didn’t think this was possible, but he somehow managed to knock himself out and we can’t wake him up.

Tamara face palms. Reece groans angrily.

REECE
How in the-

ASHLYN
Who’s Kulgor? Is that bad?

TAMARA
Yeah. Yeah, that’s pretty bad.

EXT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Trace gives a yell and jumps into the Soulless attacking them. The Doctor fires on him, but Trace throws a Soulless in the way, saving himself. Enter is about to join in when his goggles beep. He checks them quickly and groans.

ENTER
If you don’t mind, I must excuse myself a moment.

Enter teleports away.

INT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Cassidy hops over to Teryn.

CASSIDY
I’m sorry about before.

TERYN
You- you’re one of them. Get away from me!

She scoots further away.

CASSIDY
No I’m not. And, I just thought that this would be a great time to, you know, get out of here, but it’s your call.

TERYN
You want to help me?

CASSIDY
Do you want my help or not?

Teryn considers it quickly and scoots back over to Cassidy, giving her access to her bonds.

TERYN
We need to be quick, though.

CASSIDY
Oh, that’s no problem.

Cassidy snips them with her bunny ears.

EXT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

The Doctor is busy with Trace when he manages to notice Teryn and Cassidy trying to escape.

THE DOCTOR
They’re getting away! Stop her!

He and several of the Soulless begin rushing them.

TRACE
Yeah they are- and you’re not! Vortex Fire BG03!

Trace combines his weapons and leaps after the Doctor, firing on his unprotected back. The Doctor is hit and falls with a surprised yell. He rolls back over and climbs to his feet.

THE DOCTOR
Soulless, secure the prisoners! You, Blue Ranger… you’re mine!

He rushes Trace. Around the other side of the building, Andrew & Chidra are winning the fight against the Soulless when several robotic tentacles whip out at them from nowhere, knocking them to the center of the group. They stagger to their feet as Enter strides into the alley.

ENTER
Oh, Rouge, when are going to learn to stop messing around in my business.

ANDREW
How about when you stop trying to destroy the world- Chidra?

CHIDRA
Yeah, boss?

ANDREW
Get in there and help the prisoners. I’ll take care of things here.

CHIDRA
You sure?

ANDREW
Go.

ENTER
I don’t think so.

He tries to use his tentacles to block Chidra’s escape, but Andrew blasts him with his Snap Shooter. Chidra breaks the lock with one of his tire fists and runs inside. Enter looks like he’s about to scream his lungs off, but takes a deep breath and turns back to Andrew.

ENTER
Ok, I’m getting quite tired of you now. Let’s finish this! Soulless, stop the turncoat… leave the pretty Ranger Rouge to me.

Enter lowers his goggles and takes a fighting stance. He and Andrew begin circling one another. \

ENTER
Oh, I almost forgot- the insurance for this little escapade.

He taps the side of his goggles.

ENTER
Beta Soulless, Walkers start destroying, oh… let’s stick with everything in the city, and go from there, eh?

The three giant robots activate and turn away from the warehouse, splitting up and turning their attention towards the city. Trace watches them go, helpless.

TRACE
Oh no.

ANDREW
You monster!

He rushes Enter with an angry yell and Enter spin around flip kicking him in the stomach.

ENTER
Oh, it’s just a little distraction… for insurance.

Andrew gets up and the two begin fighting.

INT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Teryn is carrying Cassidy as they make a run for it. She turns to see the Soulless coming after her and screams. They try to shoot her when the Cheetah Racer comes out of nowhere, leaping in the way. Chidra transforms back into himself and fires energy blasts from his tire hands as he slides to a halt before her.

CHIDRA
Heh-hey! You like that entrance? Well, I’m here all night- I’m sure there’s quite a few things I can do to impress. Oh, there’s two of you.

TERYN
Who sent you?

CHIDRA
Oh, a couple of really great guys called the Power Rangers- You’ll really like them… well, if we can get out of here, that is.

The other Soulless pour in behind him and the two groups surround them.

CHIDRA
Oh great.

EXT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Trace is battling The Doctor hand to hand, but is getting beaten pretty bad. Suddenly, a series of blasts flies past, narrowly missing him and hitting the Doctor. He looks over to see Ashlyn, wearing her glasses and holding a Snap Shooter by her shoulder. She taps the side of her glasses.

ASHLYN
It’s time those who started it finished it, Doctor. Vortex Shield, Pass On!

Ashlyn morphs into the Yellow Ranger.

ASHLYN
VS-03 Yellow Hare Vortex Ranger!

TRACE
Ashlyn?

ASHLYN
No… Tonya.

She gives a battle cry and rushes the Doctor, joining in the fight. She and Trace begin tag teaming The Doctor. Andrew and Enter continue to fight.

ANDREW
You’ll pay for everything you’ve done! You and Damarion!

ENTER
Now I don’t think so. Those hostages are mine, Rouge-

Chidra rushes out with Teryn and Cassidy.

CHIDRA
Got the hostages, what now?

Enter tries to control his rage.

ENTER
There’s still the Doctor to contend with!

Trace and Ashlyn are fighting the Doctor.

TRACE
Well, whoever you are, I’m glad to have you back.

ASHLYN
Glad to be back!

They tag team kick the Doctor to the ground.

TRACE
Let’s finish this! Combine your Goggle Dagger and Snap Shooter into the Vortex Fire!

Ashlyn nods and complies.

BOTH
Vortex Fire, full power!

Enter is still bragging to Andrew.

ENTER
Your friend, the Blue Ranger? He is as good as-

The explosion rises up from around the side of the building. Enter pulls a rage controlling “really!?!†look and fishes his laptop out of his backpack.

ENTER
Ok, then… we do this the hard way.

He begins typing. Andrew gives him a weird look.

ANDREW
What are you-

EN TER
Let’s see you get away from this.

He hits one last button hard with rage. Ashlyn gasps and stumbles. Trace catches her.

TRACE
You ok?

ASHLYN
Ugh… Trace, what happened?

TRACE
Ashlyn?

ASHLYN
Who else would it be?

TRACE
Well, you kind of-

The Doctor’s soul rises out of his wreckage, along with several other souls and flies off, entering the Beta Soulless and empowering it with armor and a needle arm.

TRACE
Uh… never mind.

Back with the others, Teryn gasps and faints. Andrew and Chidra are distracted and turn to her as Enter teleports away.

ANDREW
We’ll take care of all this later. Who’s this?

CHIDRA
I don’t know, I just found her in there with her.

CASSIDY
I’m Cassidy? You know, Ashlyn’s sister.

ANDREW
Cassidy? We’ll have to catch up later. Ready, Chidra?

CHIDRA
Oh, wait’ll you see the upgrades on the Vortex Vehicle, you’re going to love them!

ANDREW
I’m sure I will. Come on! Cassidy, Trace is over by where that explosion was, go to him!

CASSIDY
Gotcha!

Chidra goes into Cheetah Racer mode and Andrew climbs on with Teryn and drives off. Cassidy bounces towards Trace & Ashlyn.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

As they ride through the city, the VV-01 drives up behind them and lowers its ramp. Andrew slows down, sliding up and in. The ramp & door closes and a cheetah head pops out.

INT. VV-01- DAY

Andrew places Teryn on the ground. Chidra combines with the cockpit and Andrew enters it.

ANDREW
VV-01, Ani Mode!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The VV-01 transforms into a robotic cheetah and races after the robots. The Doctor revels at his new found power.

THE DOCTOR
Oh, this feels so good! I think I can take all the city’s souls at once!

He plunges the needle into the ground.

EXT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Trace & Ashlyn watch in terror as The Doctor begins harvesting souls. VV-01 tries to attack, but the Walkers are getting in his way and blocking his attempts.

ASHLYN
Oh, this is bad.

TRACE
Tamara? Where’s my zord- I think we’re going to need it!

TAMARA (OS)
We had a little problem- VV-02 is not coming?

TRACE
What? What happened?

TAMARA (OS)
Well, Kulgor here ran into a wall and knocked a circuit loose- and now he can’t move. It’s going to take at least an hour or so to find the loose wire and reboot him.

TRACE
Then what are we going to do?

Cassidy comes bouncing around the corner.

CASSIDY
Hiyah, guys!

They give her an odd look.

TRACE
What the-

ASHLYN
Where did you… Cassidy?

CASSIDY
Well, duh! Who else would it be!

ASHLYN
But… you’re… That’s it! Cassidy, you want to help me one last time?

CASSIDY
Sure, what is it?

ASHLYN
Hold on a moment, then. Tamara, what about the VV-03?

TAMARA (OS)
It’s complete, but there’s no buddyroid to operate it-

ASHLYN
There is now! Send it out with an installation team- we’ll have it up and running in a few minutes.

TAMARA (OS)
But how-

ASHLYN
Trust me, you won’t regret it!

Tamara looks at Reece questioningly. Reece thinks for a moment and finally nods.

TAMARA
Abort launch of VV-02- prepare VV-03 for takeoff, pit team is needed. I repeat, VV-03 to take off with pit team.

INT. VSHQ, HANGER- DAY

A few of the engineers give each other looks and shrug.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

Andrew has now turned his attention to engaging the Walkers.

ANDREW
Well, if we can’t avoid them, we’d better get rid of them, fast!

CHIDRA
I’ll check for weaknesses, but’s it’s not looking good, Andrew.

ANDREW
I know!

The Cheetah zord rushes past, firing a few spoiler blasts at them. It ducks behind a building and rushes out with a roar, leaping on one of the Walkers, but it manages to throw them off.

EXT. WAREHOUSE- DAY

Trace is pacing anxiously.

TRACE
Where are they?

Cassidy’s ears twitch and she begins hopping around excitedly.

CASSIDY
Here they come! Over there!

Trace and Ashlyn look over as the VV-03, a giant yellow helicopter, flies around a skyscraper and heads for them.

TRACE
Finally! They made it!

ASHLYN
It’s time to finish this. You ready, Cassidy?

CASSIDY
We can do this- together!

Ashlyn nods in agreement and turns back as the VV-03 lands and opens a ramp. The pit team rushes out to meet them.

ENGINEER III
What is it?

ASHLYN
You’re looking at your new buddyroid!

They all turn and look to Cassidy.

CASSIDY
Come on, what are you waiting for?

They get over their initial shock and they, Ashlyn and Cassidy race back into the VV-03.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

CHIDRA
I think I got one! Right in the side, the armor’s weaker there!

ANDREW
Great work!

CHIDRA
I try!

ANDREW
Uhuh- targeting, now.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The VV-01 races at one of the Walkers again, but they’re ready this time, they fire on him in midair and the zord is thrown back into a building, hissing helplessly.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

Andrew is checking his instruments frantically.

ANDREW
Not good, not good, not good!

CHIDRA
You’re telling me!

ANDREW
Well, do something!

CHIDRA
I am! Assessing damage!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The Walkers walk up and level their guns at the VV-01.

WALKERS
Full power.

The guns begins powering up with energy. They fire, but explode in midair before reaching the zord.

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

Andrew covers his eyes from the explosion and looks around confused.

ANDREW
Huh?

ASHLYN (OS)
You miss me?

ANDREW
Ashlyn? Where are-

ASHLYN (OS)
No time to explain! I’m covering you. Disengage with those bozos and take on the Doctor.

ANDREW
If you say so!

He grabs the controls.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The VV-01 rights itself. The Walkers try to fire again, but are hit with rockets from above. They look up as the VV-03 dive bombs on them.

ASHLYN (OS)
Hare Chopper, Ani Mode!

The VV-03’s windshield lights up with two massive eyes and transforms into a giant yellow rabbit. It lashes out with it’s hind legs as it falls and sends one of the Walkers flying. It lands on all fours and gives the other one a “don’t **** with me†look. It freezes, unsure of what to do. VV-01 races past and heads for the Doctor. It leaps into the air and transforms back into Vehicle Mode as it lands.

ANDREW (OS)
I think it’s time for the main event- VV-01, Warrior Mode!

The Cheetah head roars and rockets off. The hood splits in half and both halves rotate out and forward. The Spoiler also rockets off and the truck rotates out and backward. Feet fold out of the front end and thrusters lift the whole thing vertical. The two halves of the back end slide further out and down a bit, revealing a head and becoming shoulders. Two arms fold out. The Cheetah head comes spinning back and attaches to the chest and it grabs the spoiler by the centerpiece in one hand as it flies by. The spoiler slides all the way to one end of the centerpiece and rotates to a vertical position, becoming a sword. The whole thing grinds to a halt before the Doctor, as three pieces rotate over the face, becoming a vertical horn and clear visor. It swings the sword down, breaking the Doctor’s needle and halting his progress. He looks up angrily.

THE DOCTOR
You won’t stop me, Ranger! I have enough soul energy to destroy you for good!

INT. VV-01 COCKPIT- DAY

ANDREW
Can’t blame a guy for trying!

CHIDRA
Let’s bring this guy down!

ANDREW
Exactly what I had in mind, Chidra! Let’s do it!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The VV-01 moves in and starts slashing at the Doctor repetitively with its sword. Meanwhile, The VV-03 flips over the first Walker as it explodes and turns its attention on the second.

ASHLYN
Let’s do this, Cassidy!

CASSIDY
Ooh! I just got an idea! Let me try it, please!

ASHLYN
Go for it!

CASSIDY
Yes!

The VV-03 leaps into the air and the helicopter propeller reforms and causes the whole thing to hover. The zord spins in the opposite direction and double roundhouse kicks the remaining Walker in the face before landing.

INT. VV-03 COCKPIT- DAY

Ashlyn leans over the controls, a little startled by the outcome.

ASHLYN
I’m glad that worked.

CASSIDY
Of course it did!

ASHLYN
Well, next time… come up with something that doesn’t make me want to vomit in my own helmet!

CASSIDY
Sorry!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The Doctor rushes theVV-01 with a yell, but it kicks him back.

ANDREW
Weak spot targeted! Powering up Spoiler Saber!

The VV-01 swings the sword into position as it lights up with energy. It swings it in the direction of the Doctor and the energy wave hit him, destroying him with a massive explosion.

THE DOCTOR
Nooooo!

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

DAMARION
NOOOOOO!

Enter punctuates each word by pounding his fists on the table.

ENTER
Crap! Crap! Crap!

He picks up a computer monitor and throws it across the room in rage, then pounds his fists on the table again.

DAMARION
The little one knows where we are, my servant! She’ll lead them here!

ENTER
Well, then… I guess it’s time to pack up and leave!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The VV-03 leaps into the air and returns to Vehicle mode. It and VV-01 target the last Walker and fire everything at it, destroying it for good. All the souls leak out of The Doctor’s wreckage and fly across the city, returning to their owners. Trace and the VS engineers cheer and congratulate the victory against Damarion.

TRACE
They did it!

Andrew, Chidra, Ashlyn & Cassidy come back down. Andrew & Ashlyn tap the sides of their visors.

BOTH
Power down!

The helmets deactivate and they pull off the glasses, clipping them to the sides of their transponders and rush to the others. Trace does the same and meets them halfway.

INT. TERYN & ASHLYN’S DORM- DAY

Teryn is lying in bed. She suddenly leaps up, yelling gibberish and looks around in confusion at her surroundings. Ashlyn walks in with two cups of tea and hands one to Teryn.

ASHLYN
Strange dreams?

TERYN
I’m not so sure that was a dream- I know dreams when I see them.

ASHLYN
Well, what happened?

TERYN
Well, there was a… talking… rabbit… and a motorcycle… and… Power Rangers?

Ashlyn laughs, giving one of the cups to Teryn.

ASHLYN
Yeah, I think that was a dream.

Teryn looks at her, confused.

TERYN
And then… Hey! Ryker and I were looking for you at the hospital and-

ASHLYN
Teryn… none of us were at the hospital. Ok?

Teryn assesses the situation momentarily.

TERYN
Yeah… maybe I was dreaming.

ASHLYN
Well, drink that and rethink reality. I’ve got to get to class.

TERYN
Uhuh.

Ashlyn exits.

INT. DORM BUILDING, HALL- DAY

Ashlyn ducks into a corner and contacts Trace on her morpher and he appears as a little hologram over the watch face.

ASHLYN
Ok, I just took care of Teryn. How’s Ryker coming along?

TRACE
Just finished with him. I wish we didn’t have to do this.

ASHLYN
Hey, it’s like Reece said, the less who know the truth, the better, right?

TRACE
Yeah… I’ll see you back at HQ. Over and out.

ASHLYN
Roger.

She hangs up and heads out.

INT. TERYN & ASHLYN’S DORM- DAY

Teryn jumps up and grabs her cell phone, quickly dialing a number. Ryker picks up.

RYKER (OS)
Hello?

TERYN
Ok, I believe you, something weird is definitely going on! The last thing I remember was the hospital and then I woke up here- back in my dorm- with Ashlyn!

RYKER (OS)
I know what you mean. Trace just scared the crap out off me- I woke up on the couch and he was standing over me with this… camera… thing. Wait a minute, did you say we were at the hospital? Cause… I don’t remember that.

TERYN
Oooo-kay. Look, I’m coming over, we’ll get everything sorted out then.

RYKER (OS)
Ok, see you in a bit.

TERYN
Bye,

She closes her phone, grabs a few things and rushes out of the room.

INT. DORM BUILDING, HALL- DAY

As Teryn rushes around a corner, she runs smack bang into someone. The person turns around.

CHARACTER
Hey, there. You might want to watch out a little better.

Teryn looks up at him wide eyed & suddenly switches to flirt mode.

TERYN
Oh… sorry, clumsy me! Heh-heh… are you new here?

The guy, a tall, bald black teen smiles at her.

CHARACTER
Yeah, I just transferred in. The name’s Everett. Everett Gordon.

Teryn shakes his hand.

TERYN
Well, Everett Gordon, I am Teryn Arturo. Maybe we’ll see each other around?

EVERETT
Yeah, sure.

Teryn starts walking off when Everett face palms himself and calls her back.

EVERETT
Hey, wait!

TERYN
Yeah?

EVERETT
Well… I’m not doing anything right now… and if you aren’t either… I was thinking… uh…

Teryn catches on and smiles.

TERYN
Yeah, sure… let’s go.

EVERETT
Well, you looked kind of busy. I don’t want to interrupt-

TERYN
No, no, no, that was nothing! It can wait! Come on!

Everett smiles and jogs to catch up with her.

INT. VSHQ, HALLWAY- DAY

Andrew, Trace and Ashlyn walk down the hall with Cassidy bouncing and giggling ahead of them. They stop outside the innovation center.

ASHLYN
You guys make your report, I want to catch up with my sister.

ANDREW
Ok.

TRACE
See you later.

The two head in and Ashlyn & Cassidy walk to another smaller room.

INT. VSHQ, BUNKER- DAY

CASSIDY
What’d you want, sis?

ASHLYN
I just… I can’t believe you’re back. I never wanted you to leave. And I am so sorry for leaving you to Damarion for two years, I didn’t know, I swear-

CASSIDY
It’s ok, sis. We found each other in the end… we’re back together, just like we were always meant to be.

Ashlyn bites her lip and nods emotionally.

ASHLYN
Please don’t ever leave again.

Cassidy pauses, unsure of what to say.

CASSIDY
I won’t… I promise.

INT. ENTER’S LAB II- DAY

Several Soulless are setting up their equipment in an abandoned skyrise apartment.

DAMARION
We’ll be undetectable here?

ENTER
I think so, monsieur. Now, about our next move.

DAMARION
The Doctor was your idea- and it was a bad one!

ENTER
Well, ideas come and go. Guys like us just need to know how to adapt when things go wrong… this time, though… I’m feeling the Architect…

DAMARION
You’re getting way too cocky, my servant. If you fail again, you will be punished severely.

ENTER
Oh, but… where would you be without me.

Enter turns back to Damarion, shooting him a cocky grin. Damarion growls, annoyed.

DAMARION
I’m sure there are others of your ability… those like you aren’t one of a kind in this world.

ENTER
But until you find another… you’ll just have to put up with little old me, won’t you?

FADE TO BLACK…

Sorry for the wait. Episode 5 is finally coming sometime this week. I'm attempting to think back more on what I always thought made Power Rangers great, combined with the things I've done with it to try and make the best story possible. I definitely think this one is better than episode 4, which I admit needs work.

Either way, new things are coming.

Episode 6: Close Call
A new monster which appears to have been Jack the Ripper is let loose on the Rangers, but seems to develop a bizarre fixation on Teryn, forcing the Rangers to protect her & her new boyfriend, Everett, while putting them in a predicament which threatens to reveal their superhero identities to their friends.

Scripts now split into multiple posts to ease stress on servers.
-Power Rangers Vortex Shield: Episode 5- post 1/3

POWER RANGERS VORTEX SHIELD
EP V.
FOR ASHLYN

INT. ENTER’S LAB- DAY

The main door to the warehouse opens & two figures enter, turning on flashlights & splitting up to investigate the place.

ANDREW
Are you sure this is the place Cassidy was talking about?

ASHLYN
Pretty sure. Although there are a lot of warehouses around here.

They shine their lights around, finding nothing but a massive empty room. Andrew reacts, kicking angrily at the dust.

ANDREW
Gah! There’s nothing here!

ASHLYN
Yeah, you’re right. They must’ve known they were in trouble and moved shop.

They look up at the sound of clapping to see Enter standing on one of the rafters.

ENTER
Congratulations, Rangers. Want a prize for your efforts? Attack!

Soulless suddenly burst their way up through the concrete floors & out of the walls while others swarm in through the main door. Andrew & Ashlyn go back to back, facing the massive assault on all fronts.

ANDREW
You ready for this?

ASHLYN
Ready!

BOTH
Vortex Shield, Pass On!

They activate their morphers & simultaneously morph into the Red & Yellow Rangers.

ANDREW
Hah! VS-01!

ASHLYN
Hi-hah! VS-03!

BOTH
Power Rangers, Vortex Shield!

The Soulless charge & Andrew & Ashlyn respond in turn- charging in opposite directions to meet their foes. They battle using a combination of advanced martial arts skills, gravity defying jumps & flips, & physics defying reflexes & moves. After a while, they fall back, slapping a hand on the Transponders on their chests.

BOTH
Snap Shooters!

The Transponders warp in the blue & black camera-like devices before them & the two snatch them out of the air, folding them out into gun-shaped forms. Within seconds, they’re firing on the surrounding crowds of Soulless, forcing them to change tactics. The Soulless spread out into smaller groups and begin firing back on the Rangers, who deftly flip & “Matrix†their way out of harm. They go back to back again & tap their visors.

MORPHERS
Activating Strategic Spacial Scanning.

They spin around, remaining back-to-back the whole time & scan the room with their visors. Andrew taps his visor again.

ANDREW
Network and overlay!

ASHLYN
Initiate Spacial Targeting program!

ANDREW
Split Field 180!

Their helmet computers sync up, use both Rangers’ scan data to create a better map of the room, plan out an attack strategy based on closest targets to furthest & then split’s the data in half, giving each Ranger half the room to take down. The Soulless think they see a chance & charge in while Andrew & Ashlyn begin shooting the room up. Most of the Soulless at the back remove themselves from harms way & form a firing squad on the side. Andrew & Ashlyn finish their fight only to find themselves held at gunpoint by a group of ten Soulless.

ASHLYN
Well, that’s perfect.

ANDREW
Wait for them to move first…

Trace comes in over the radio in Andrew's helmet.

TRACE (OS)
Hey, guys, seems like you need some help?

ANDREW
Trace? Where are you?

TRACE (OS)
Coming in hot- just upload me the battle data & worry about yourselves!

Andrew & Ashlyn exchange a look & watch the Soulless closely, holding their ground. Andrew slowly moves his hand to tap the side of his visor & when the Soulless see him, they fire. Andrew finishes the gesture as he & Ashlyn dive out of the way, the blasts creating a massive explosion where they once were. As the two seek cover & the Soulless try to target them for a second blast a crashing noise makes everyone look up. Trace, morphing into Blue, comes flying through a window above them all. He moves his Vortex Fire- the sight of which is represented by a small circle moving with it on his visor screen- to line up with a pre-selected target- another stationary circle on his visor.

TRACE
Vortex Fire, Full Power!

He fires a single shot into the middle of the bewildered Soulless group, destroying and/ or seriously damaging them all. He lands amid the wreckage as Andrew & Ashlyn race up to greet him.

TRACE’S MORPHER
Suit energy input/ output levels at critical. Recommending low to zero risk activity.

ASHLYN
Thanks for that. We almost bought it!

Andrew grabs his shoulder to get his full attention.

ANDREW
Did you see where Enter went?

TRACE
Sorry, no.

Andrew turns away with a sigh of frustration, demorphing. Trace taps the side of his visor.

TRACE
Power down helmet.

His helmet demorphs down to just the glasses, which he clips onto the side of his transponder and Ashlyn follows suit. Trace takes a few cautionary steps in Andrews direction.

TRACE
Look, we’ll get him- he just... good at catching us unawares. But we can always come up with a contingency for that-

ANDREW
Trace, every day we don’t catch this guy means another person- another hundred, or thousand people could die! Every death in this city makes them stronger! If we don’t put a stop to this now, pretty soon we won’t have the power to stop Damarion- no one will!

TRACE
We’ll stop him. I just want all of us to come out of this ok.

ANDREW
I want everyone to come out ok!

ASHLYN
And Trace doesn’t? Andrew, what’s happening is strange… and wrong… and… we have to step lightly on these things. Otherwise, one of us, or more- or all of us- is going to get hurt. Then we can’t help anyone.

ANDREW
We should be doing more.

TRACE
We’re doing everything-

Andrew slowly turns away and looks up, the look of revelation on his face.

ANDREW
I should be doing more…

The two start to protest, but Andrew stalks off to think, leaving them dejected.

TRACE
How are we going to get out of this mess?

ASHLYN
Who knows. Leave it to Andrew to play by his own rules and screw logic.

Trace nods shrewdly.

ASHLYN (cont)
Let’s just hope he doesn’t get hurt.

TRACE
Or you hurt.

ASHLYN
Not worried about yourself?

TRACE
I already had a near death experience, remember… I know what’s coming. I’m more worried for you guys.

Trace walks off in the opposite direction, leaving Ashlyn behind.

INT. ENTER’S NEW LAB- DAY

Enter walks through the opening in a partially built wall of a sky rise room in an in-construction skyscraper to find all his things right where they need to be & several Soulless in human suits awaiting his word. Damarion forms.

DAMARION
You fool, the Rangers are still alive!

ENTER
I wasn't trying to kill them, monsieur, I was sending them a message. All and all, however, they will soon fall when our plans are complete.

Enter approaches a table & begins fiddling with his computer.

DAMARION
Need I remind you which of us is in charge? You answer to me, slave!

ENTER
You don’t want to exert yourself right now, do you? You don’t have much energy left.

Damarion growls angrily under his breath at this statement.

ENTER
So why don’t we stop playing games and bring the Architect into the mix?

DAMARION
Why the Architect? What are you planning?

ENTER
Oh, you'll see. I guarantee you, this city will be ours, and soon.

DAMARION
You’d better be right about this.

ENTER
Well, supposing I’m not, we can always continue throwing random monsters at the Rangers and hoping one of them will get lucky.

DAMARION
You insolent little- Agh!

Damarion's cry of pain causes Enter to turn, stirred more by general interest than actual care. Damarion's glow seems to be weaker.

ENTER
You're getting weaker by the day. Rest assured I'll discover the source of your power drain. Without you, I'm nothing.

DAMARION
I already know what's causing it! And I want him found and destroyed before he finds us and ruins everything! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?

ENTER
Oui. It seems there are greater dangers than the Rangers at work... I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of world conquest.

INT. TRACE & RYKER’S APT- DAY

Trace opens the door cautiously &, seeing no one inside, sneaks in. As he tries to slip down the hall to his room, Ryker, hiding in a corner, makes his presence known.

RYKER
So, where have you been, compadre?

TRACE
Daah! (jumps) Ryker, what the heck are you-?

RYKER
I know you’re hiding something! It’s only a matter of time until-

Trace takes a deep breath to relax & falls into the act.

TRACE
Look, Teryn saw everything you saw, right?

Ryker is taken somewhat off guard.

RYKER
Um… yeah?

TRACE
She saw reason- she backed off, why won’t you?

RYKER
No, no, no, she hasn’t backed off, she’s just been… distracted… for the past few weeks.

TRACE
Yeah, right, Everett. Whatever gets her off my back is fine, let’s just hope the poor guy survives.

Trace walks to the mini-fridge and gets a drink.

RYKER
Hey, wait, I’m not-

TRACE
Look, Ryker, please. I know you- I like you- I have no problems or trust issues with you, but… you don’t want to be involved in this. Seriously. Just give it up before you get hurt.

RYKER
Oh, so now I can’t take care of myself? Need I remind you of that party last year? Who kicked who’s butt?

TRACE
The other guy.

Ryker is legitimately taken aback.

RYKER
What? But you guys said-

TRACE
You blacked out and couldn’t remember anything afterward & we didn’t want to hurt your feelings. Besides, this whole obsession you have is getting way out of hand. Just stop!

Trace exits. Ryker stands there, deep in thought. He finally turns & walks the other way. Ryker sits back confidently.

RYKER
There’s no way I did not win that fight…

Andrew is busy cleaning the counter. He looks around to check for customers, but the entire store is vacant. Finally, he rips off his apron & goes to the locker room.

Andrew opens a vacant locker & goes to stand on the GB logo on the floor, raising his morpher to face it.

ANDREW
Andrew McKinley, VS-01, Red Ranger requesting entry.

A strip of light emanates from the locker & scans his morpher, then a second strip of light scans him. The lights go out, the locker closes itself &, with a loud metallic clang, the logo begins lowering itself down a shaft under the floor. A door slides shut overhead, resealing the floor as if nothing had ever happened.

INT. VSHQ, TRAINING ROOM- DAY

Andrew walks into a room where several VS guards & recruits are busy with various maneuvers & exercises. Andrew walks right past them to another door with a sign reading "Danger: Rangers & specified staff only" he opens the visor on his morpher & uses it to give himself a retinal scan, then taps the visor to a black plate next to the door. The door slides open & a robotic PA voice welcomes him by name & rank.

INT. VSHQ, SPECIAL TRAINING ROOM- DAY

Andrew walks into the center of a large pristinely white room as holographic computer screens rise up around him.

COMPUTER
Please select training cycle.

Andrew sighs regretfully.

ANDREW
Random Evolution Chamber.

COMPUTER
Warning: This option involves greater than human adaptation capability to the subjects' techniques and abilities requiring stepping beyond the comfort zone of one's abilities & constant tactical revision. Do you wish to continue?

ANDREW
I would not have selected it if I didn't.

COMPUTER
Very well. Do you request backup?

Andrew thinks it over momentarily.

ANDREW
We'll see how it goes.

REECE
So, all the Vortex Vehicles are complete? We won't have any problems with that?

Tamara listens absently, messing with models on her tablet.

TAMARA
Yeah, they're all set- assuming Kulgor doesn't run into another wall & knock himself out.

REECE
Those two are so unprofessional, I don't know why we still let them in here.

TAMARA
I think the point is moot. The real problem I'm having is the Megazord Config. I just can't seem to get the thing right without... messing with the structural integrity of either the Vehicles or the complete Wraith.

REECE
Wraith?

TAMARA
That's what we're calling it- The Vortex Wraith Megazord. Now, as for the reason you came down here, the Rangers' new intel suggests Enter and Damarion have moved their base of operations.

REECE
That's not surprising. They're smart. At least smart enough not to put all their eggs in one basket, or stick around when we come that close to finding them.

TAMARA
Yeah... That's Terry, always... always planning ahead.

Reece places a comforting hand on her shoulder. She suddenly remembers herself and jumps back to reality.

TAMARA
Er, I've been working on snatching random transmissions of their Soulless network, their transportation signals & the Vortex energy from the Spirits themselves, as well as trace signatures the team recorded in the warehouse. It'll take me a while, but I'm working on a tracking program to scan the city so we can find them when they attack, but it's still in it's test phases & I keep picking up this strange artifact every time I try.

Reece walks over.

REECE
May I see it?

TAMARA
Sure, let's see if it means anything to you.

Tamara types it up on her tablet & hands it to Reece. Reece cycles through scans showing a strange signature circling around the epicenter of several recent Spirit attacks.

REECE
That is weird...

An alarm goes off & another screen pops up.

REECE
Uh... what's this?

Tamara hurriedly takes it back & looks at it.

TAMARA
Ugh! Stupid bugs- now it's just labeling building after building as having a vortex energy influx. That doesn't make any sense!

One of the plasma monitors on the wall beeps & Tamara turns off the programs on her tablet & brings up a video transmission from a field agent onto the big screen.

AGENT TATSEN
Jeremy Tatsen, Scouting Unit 07 reporting!

REECE
What do you have, Agent Tatsen?

AGENT TATSEN
Agent Carson & I just spotted Soulless activity around the Garden Grotto in Slate Creek Park!

TAMARA
The... pond area? Next to the playground set?

A horrified look crosses her face as she looks up at the image showing skyscrapers near that area lighting up.

TAMARA (cont)
-right across the street from the Grafferty Building?

AGENT TATSEN
That's the one!

Reece & Tamara share a look. Suddenly, a female agent rushes onto the screen as screams & explosions start to fill the background noise.

AGENT CARSON
We've got bigger issues! Alarm an evac of sectors 6 through 9 immediately!

AGENT TATSEN
Why's that?

AGENT CARSON
THAT!

She turns his attention off screen & his face goes pale with horror.

TAMARA
What? Agent Tatsen, what's wrong?

He grabs the camera & turns it in the direction they're looking to find a gold & silver bulldozer-esque Spirit with glowing red eyes & a steam shovel arm leading the Soulless in an attack. He fires a beam of energy out of his humanoid hand & the camera transmission goes to static & is lost.

REECE
Tamara, activate the evac & put the station on high alert! I'll get the Rangers en-route!

TAMARA
Right!

INT. VSHQ, SPECIAL TRAINING ROOM- DAY

Andrew is doing everything he can, but the program keeps adapting rapidly to whatever moves & tactics he uses & spamming him with Soulless. He rushes through them, trying to take out the commander but just as he arrives & goes to land a blow, the program auto-deactivates & alarms go off.

COMPUTER
Warning: Attack in sector 8, Slate Creek Park! All Ranger personnel on call!

ANDREW
Crap!

Andrew rushes out of the room.

EXT. GAIA BOTANICALS- DAY

Andrew goes flying out of the garage on the Cheetah Racer to the scene.

Andrew drifts around a curb & floors it on the way to the park. An SUV drives up behind him & he turns to see Trace & Ashlyn inside. He acknowledges them with a wave & continues on.

EXT. SLATE CREEK PARK- DAY

Andrew, Trace & Ashlyn pull up by a playground, the civilians being terrorized by Soulless, & exit their vehicles swiftly. Chidra shifts into his humanoid form & follows the three into battle as they split up to help evac as many civilians as possible. Trace charges in between several Soulless who are harassing three teenage girls.

TRACE
Run!

The girls take the cue & shove off while Trace begins battling the Soulless. Chidra charges through the group, pulling out twin guns and firing at Soulless left & right. Two Soulless are standing over an elderly woman who has fallen to the ground, about to finish her. Ashlyn races in from behind, placing one in an arm lock and kicking the other away. She begins addressing the old woman while fighting.

ASHLYN
Ma'am, can you get up?

GRANDMOTHER
I'm not that old!

ASHLYN
Ok, Ma'am, you need to get out of here! A professional evac team will be arriving any moment at-

GRANDMOTHER
I can't leave without my granddaughter!

ASHLYN
(annoyed)
Who is where?

GRANDMOTHER
There!

She gestures to a group of Soulless trying to get a small girl hiding in a difficult to access area beneath the playground set. Ashlyn is unable to get to her & goes to morph, but the other Soulless rejoins the fight & distracts her. She resolves to calling one of the others, taping a radio button on her morpher.

ASHLYN
Andrew?

-Power Rangers Vortex Shield, Episode 5- Post 2/3

Andrew, the only one of the group in full morph, has just saved a pair of newlyweds & is ushering them out of the area.

HUSBAND
We picked a horrible place for a honeymoon!

WIFE
You're the one who wanted to go to California!

Andrew's helmet radio turns on.

ASHLYN (OS)
Andrew? Get the girl in the jungle gym, quick!

ANDREW
What girl?

He turns his attention to the gym & sees the Soulless trying to hack the thing apart with their blades. He turns on a thermal scan & sees the kid inside.

ANDREW
Oh.

He shoves the couple, now relatively out of danger, ahead & turns back to enter the fray, racing through & slashing Soulless with his Goggle Dagger on his way to the Playground set. Andrew dives the rest of the way & kicks one Soulless down while slashing another. A third attacks him & he traps it's arm & uses it to blast the two on the ground before spinning back around with a savage kick to the side of the waist, damaging it & dropping it to the ground. He falls into a crouch & stabs it in the visor, destroying it with a twist of his Dagger. He turns his attention to the kid.

ANDREW
You're safe now-

GRANDDAUGHTER
What about the other one?

The fourth & final one sneaks around behind Andrew.

ANDREW
What other one?

A bladed Soulless weapon slashes down at him. He catches it in his peripheral vision & flinches out of the way. Andrew launches himself into a standing position & kicks the Soulless back. It fires on him.
Trace hears a noise he recognizes- the sound of a much better made robot coming from behind. He turns to see the Architect bearing down on him. He goes for his morpher, but the Architect fires a blast of energy at him from his humanoid hand, forcing Trace to dive down & summersault out of the way as the explosion rips the air behind him, throwing up a cloud of grass, mulch & dirt.

TRACE
Vortex Shield, Pass on!

He morphs into the Blue Ranger & warily holds his ground as The Architect continues to advance. Ashlyn, having just defeated her Soulless sees Trace's predicament & turns to the grandmother.

ASHLYN
Listen to me, your granddaughter will be fine.

GRANDMOTHER
No-

ASHLYN
Look, you have to get out now! I can't look after you- my team is in danger! She will be right after you... I promise.

The Grandmother struggles with the issue for a moment before nodding & backing out of the area. A couple of VS Agents grabs her by the arms & lead her out of the danger zone. Ashlyn morphs into the Yellow Ranger & races to Traces rescue as Chidra meets up with her as the two race to Trace's side.
Andrew, having distanced himself from the girl, dives out of the way of another laser blast & twists in the air, tapping his transponder.

ANDREW
Snap Shooter, go!

The weapons warps to him from the transponder & he grabs it, twisting it into gun form & firing on the Soulless, taking it out, all before he lands shakily on his feet. He rushes over to the girl emerging from the playground set & pulls her the rest of the way out, looking her in the eye.

GRANDDAUGHTER
Are you a Power Ranger?

ANDREW
Yeah. Now, I need you to do exactly as I say, ok?

The girl nods enthusiastically, flashing a wide grin. Andrew points off towards where the others ran.

ANDREW
There's help in that direction. I need you to run for it as fast as you can and don't stop until you see someone in a suit. They'll take you to your grandma, ok?

GRANDDAUGHTER
Ok.

ANDREW
Good girl.

The girl races off as Andrew stands and turns to look for the others. Seeing them fighting the Architect, he hefts his dagger & leaps in their direction to join the battle.
Ashlyn & Trace grab each arm & try to hold The Architect so Chidra can shoot him, but he easily throws them off and blasting them one at a time while they're still in midair. Trace slams into a tree & collapses on the ground while Ashlyn hits the ground violently, rolling & flipping like a rag doll from the force. Chidra takes his advantage & levels his guns while The Architect is distracted, but hesitates. The Architect slowly looks up to him & laughs.

CHIDRA
Mansfeld?

THE ARCHITECT
Hello old friend! Are you going to shoot me?

Chidra pauses in inner conflict.

REECE (OS)
What are you doing? Take- the- shot, you idiot!

CHIDRA
Hey, I'm on your side and all, but do NOT call me a-

Andrew suddenly arrives in the fray, kicking the Architect in the face & slashing with his dagger before landing, sending the Architect flying several feet.

ANDREW
Thanks for the distraction, buddy.

CHIDRA
Er... yeah, right. Let's get him!

Andrew slaps a hand on his transponder, summoning his Snap Shooter & combines it with his Goggle Dagger as he takes his place next to Chidra.

ANDREW
Vortex Fire RC01! Low Power!

The two level their weapons at their enemy as he stands back up to face them.

THE ARCHITECT
Go ahead! Try it!

ANDREW & CHIDRA
Fire!

They fire several blasts, but The Architect uses his shovel arm as a shield & scatters the blasts everywhere, causing the two to flinch & duck down to avoid being hit. The Architect then takes the moment to rush them & slash Chidra down, leaving Andrew the only obstacle left. He puts up a pretty impressive one-on-one fight, but The Architect still manages to take him down, knocking him flying across the grass & demorphing him.
A few feet away, Enter teleports in, his laptop in tow, and approaches The Architect, a look of slight annoyance on his face.

ENTER
Now, now, my friend, I told you to use the tunnels so we wouldn't be seen.

THE ARCHITECT
Sorry, sir!

ENTER
Now, we can't afford these little distractions if our plan is to go off.

Trace begins waking up. He looks up blearily to see Enter & The Architect talking.

ENTER
...Damarion wants those towers under his control.

THE ARCHITECT
I'm working on it-

ENTER
Oh, never mind that. I have been as well. Here, use this.

He attaches a wire to The Architect and begins typing on his laptop. Trace struggles to his feet, clutching his injuries under energy burned holes in his suit.

TRACE
Stop!

ENTER
Oh, perfect! A test subject. Carry on.

Enter teleports out, leaving The Architect behind.

THE ARCHITECT
Bring it, Ranger! I dare you!

ASHLYN
Watch you're mouth, robo!

The Architect turns to see Ashlyn up as well.

THE ARCHITECT
Oh, and you want to play too? Come on!

TRACE
No, Ashlyn!

While the Architect's attention is diverted, Trace rushes him.

ASHLYN
Trace! Don't do it!

Ashlyn follows suit, running back into battle.

Reece & Tamara watch the moment in amazement. Tamara quickly dials up a communication line with Trace.

TAMARA
Agent Delaney, you're suit is reading at critical capacity! You need to back off immediately!

Trace ignores the order, continuing his headlong rush. The Architect spins around to meet him, booting him to the ground, then turns his attention back on Ashlyn.

ASHLYN
Trace!

Trace rolls head over heels and demorphs, his glasses deactivating, but not returning to morpher mode due to lack of energy. Andrew looks up in surprise and horror to see it happen. As Ashlyn approaches, The Architect throws out his humanoid hand, shooting her with silver sparks of energy that wrap around her and pull her in. He grabs her by the throat and she lets out a yell as her suit begins malfunctioning, the suit flashing as if it's going to demorph & her visor going crazy.

INT. ENTER'S NEW LAB- DAY

Enter watches the whole thing through his goggles, smirking in satisfaction as he sips a cup of tea. He sets it down & opens his laptop.

ENTER
Showtime.

Enter contacts The Architect remotely, through some sort of radio connection.

ENTER (OS)
I'm in.

The Architect stiff arms her back and bashes her into the air with his shovel arm.

TRACE
NOOO!

Trace gets back up, but before he can do anything, he is blasted by the Architect, dropping to the ground & passing out. Ashlyn flies up into the sky &, with a flash of yellow light, disappears. The Architect laughs and teleports away as well.

DAMARION
What did you do?

ENTER
If you can't beat them... send them to some random dimension. Preferably one you're able to hack. Now, where were we? Ah, that's right, the universal teleportation system! Now, every skyscraper in the city is linked in to the Vortex. We can be anywhere in the city at any time before the Rangers can even blink, let alone respond. This city belongs to us!

DAMARION
Make no mistake, servant! it belongs to me!

Enter makes a face at this, but turns back to his duties compliantly.

ENTER
You're right. Your... specific wording is much more accurate.

Enter smiles villainously to himself.

Everyone is rushing around at a fevered pace.

REECE
I want a rescue team out there now!

TAMARA
Get them back in here as fast as you can!

Tamara drops her tablet on a table & rushes off to do some other higher priority things... just as it once again registers the mystery energy signature. A gold one.

INT. VSHQ, GARAGE- DAY

Tamara rushes up as the Garage door opens. A black van rolls in, screeching to a halt and the doors fly open, several agents and medical professionals jumping out. They quickly help a badly battered Andrew & Trace out of the van to greet her.

TAMARA
Are you two ok?

Trace practically collapses against her, near to tears and with a raspy voice.

TRACE'
What happened to her? Where's Ashlyn?

TAMARA
I... I don't know. We're looking, but no luck yet.

Andrew kicks a barrel, almost falling over with the strain. Several people rush to help him, but he warns them back with a swing of his arm.

TAMARA
Agent McKinley, what is-

ANDREW
It's my fault.

TAMARA
What? No, it-

ANDREW
Yeah it is. It's all my fault.

He storms off. Chidra climbs out of the van after the others.

CHIDRA
Don't know if he's ever going to shut up about that. He's been complaining like that the whole ride back here.

Trace gets angry, shoving Chidra back.

TRACE
What is with you? Don't you ever take anything seriously? Don't you have any respect for anybody?

CHIDRA
Yeah! And I'll start showing it when everybody starts having respect for me!

TAMARA
Everyone, SHUT UP!

The argument stops as the two look at her. She rubs her temples irritably.

TAMARA
We have enough problems without dissention! You two are dismissed- to opposite areas of HQ by the way.

The two storm off angrily.

EXT. DESERT ISLAND- DAY

Ashlyn, still morphed, washes up on the beach and stands, looking around in confusion while gripping her injured arm. The entire island is nothing more than a sand bar, but there is endless ocean on all fronts as far as the eye can see. Ashlyn taps her visor, trying to open up a communication line.

ASHLYN
Hello? Can anyone read me? This is Agent Connors. Hello?

Nothing but static. Ashlyn demorphs, looking frightened and confused as she frantically double checks her surroundings for something remotely helpful.

INT. VSHQ, ANDREW'S QUARTERS- DAY

Andrew walks in, kicking his waste basket & sitting down on the bed. He flashes back to when he released Damarion a few years earlier. As he sits there, mentally besting himself up, the door opens and Trace walks in.

TRACE
Hey, bro.

Andrew acknowledges him with a sullen nod.

ANDREW
Trace.

Trace walks over and sits down on the cot. Both stare blankly ahead.

TRACE
What do you think happened to her?

ANDREW
It was my fault!

Trace looks at him, eyebrow raised.

TRACE
How you figure?

ANDREW
If I could have just... done... you know-

TRACE
You have no clue do you?

Andrew jumps up, pacing restlessly in the tiny room.

ANDREW
I should have done something while I had the chance! I shouldn't have been so stupid to-

TRACE
ANDREW!

Andrew stops, looking at him.

TRACE
We did our best- all three of us- we did everything we could. Sometimes... things happen that no one sees coming. That's not my shortcoming or yours.

ANDREW
Trace, people are depending on us! They're depending on me, and if I can't even protect one of our own, how-

Trace jumps up, grabbing Andrew by the shoulders and staring him down.

TRACE
You want to protect people, fine- listen to me! A hero doesn't sit there punishing or feeling sorry for himself, he picks himself up, he learns from his mistakes and he tries harder next time! You say people are depending on you- your own words! Are you just going to sit here thinking about what you did wrong or are you going to man up and show The Architect that you are better?

Andrew swallows, nodding slowly.

ANDREW
Ok. So, genius, what do you think we should do?

TRACE
We need to know what that thing was doing and we need a plan of attack in case he comes back.

ANDREW
You're right, bro. Absolutely.

He suddenly rushes for the door.

TRACE
Wait a minute, where are you going?

ANDREW
Back to the park! There's got to be something there we can use to figure this guy out. You're the smart one, you keep thinking of a plan.

Trace tries to protest, but Andrew is gone before he can say anything. He sits down, massaging his temples as he thinks back to their fight with The Architect... especially The Architect's shielded shovel arm.

TRACE
What did I get myself into?

VSHQ, HALLWAY- DAY

Andrew runs into Chidra as he rounds a corner. Andrew addresses his friend, but keeps going without looking back.

ANDREW
Chidra, just the guy I was looking for- come on!

CHIDRA
Huh? Wait, where are you going?

ANDREW
Just follow me.

Chidra sighs, shaking his head and rushes to catch up.

As Enter continues working on his computers, frowning as he tries to solve a problem, an alarm goes off. Damarion coalesces nearby.

DAMARION
What is that?

ENTER
A Ranger poking his flamboyant helmet where he shouldn't. Soulless!

DAMARION
No.

Enter spins around, confused.

ENTER
No? What do you mean no?

DAMARION
Send The Architect!

ENTER
That's a bit of a big risk- I still need him.

DAMARION
He has scored our first and only recent victory against Vortex Shield! I want the job finished, NOW!

ENTER
But, he still needs to-

DAMARION
Do not test me, slave!

Enter tries to think of an argument, but can't. He sighs, exasperated.

ENTER
Fine. Don't blame me for what happens then, monsieur.

He types up a link to The Architect on his computer.

ENTER
My friend, the Red Ranger is becoming a nuisance. Get rid of him, would you?

EXT. PARK- DAY

Andrew is looking around at the previous battle site, looking for clues, when The Architect suddenly teleports in.

THE ARCHITECT
Ready for round two?

Andrew jumps in surprise, but quickly gathers himself and takes a fighting stance, squeezing his hands into fists.

ANDREW
I'm ready to get my friend back, if that's what you mean.

THE ARCHITECT
Well... come get her back.

Andrew yells a war cry, rushing The Architect and insta-morphing with a red glow of light from his morpher which consumes him. The two rush each other and Andrew drops to the ground, sliding past The Architect in a blur and slashing him low with his Goggle Dagger.

VSHQ, INNOVATION CENTER- DAY

Alarms go off. As Tamara, Reece & other technicians rush around to respond, Trace charges through the door.

TRACE
The Architect, or something else?

TAMARA
The Architect.

She walks up to Trace, placing a hand on his shoulder & giving him a sympathetic look.

TAMARA
Look, I know it's a bit insensitive, but we need you out there. I know how hard it is to loose someone you care about, so...

Trace looks a bit heartbroken.

TRACE
You haven't found her yet?

Tamara shakes her head. Trace quickly pulls back the pain and slaps a hand on her shoulder.

TRACE
Just keep looking. I'm going to go help Andrew- I have a plan.

REECE
What plan?

Trace is already halfway out. He turns & points at Tamara & Reece as he leaves.

TRACE
Just keep looking!

Tamara shares a look with Reece.

-Power Rangers Vortex Shield, Episode 5- Post 3/3

REECE
Why doesn't anyone ever sanction anything with me?

TAMARA
(sighs)
Well... come on, we have our "orders."

Andrew battles with everything he has against the Architect, but the Architect is just too much of a match for him. Finally, he's knocked back by the shovel arm and blasted across the ground with lasers from it's eyes. He sits up in pain, looking up at his foe hopelessly. Trace suddenly comes on his radio.

TRACE
You ok, buddy?

ANDREW
Not exactly?

THE ARCHITECT
Hey, who are you talking to?

The Architect begins approaching.

TRACE
Don't say anything else. All I need you to do is keep him distracted- if you can, try to make him use his shovel arm to block a blast, or something.

Andrew grunts in answer as The Architect picks him up by the throat and dangles him in the air.

THE ARCHITECT
No one is coming to help you, Ranger! At least, not until I finish you off for the glory of my master!

ANDREW
(raspy)
Fine by me.

He pulls out his Snap Shooter and fires repeatedly into The Architect's chest, forcing it to drop him. Andrew holds him at gunpoint and begins slowly backing away.

THE ARCHITECT
Oh, what's wrong? Come back here, Ranger!

Andrew quickly combines his weapons into the Vortex Fire.

TRACE (OS)
Do it now!

ANDREW
No.

He fires a blast at The Architect, who raises his shovel hand to block. At the last second, Trace bursts in on the monster's left, fully morphed, with his Vortex Fire.

TRACE
Full Power!

REECE
Anything?

TAMARA
The signal's weak, but there is one. I'm just trying to pinpoint the location of-

The computer beeps and the two share a look. Tamara dives for a com.

TAMARA
Trace! Abort! Abort your plan now!

Trace freezes.

TRACE
What? Why?

The Architect uses his shovel arm to deflect Andrew's blast on Trace, who is sent flying. His radio buzzes & whines from the blast. He rolls over, tapping the side of his helmet.

TRACE
What was that? I couldn't hear you?

THE ARCHITECT
You two thought you could get the drop on me, eh? Think again!

TAMARA (OS)
I said 'You can't destroy the Architect because the only signal we're getting of Ashlyn is originating from him!' If you destroy him now, we might never get her, or the Yellow Ranger powers back! Ever!

TRACE
You can't be serious!

THE ARCHITECT (CON'T)
Why don't you get the drop on this!

He raises his hand to the sky. A weird humming sound fills the air. Andrew & Trace look around wildly. Suddenly, energy sparks between two nearby skyscrapers and a red portal opens. An Omega Soulless with a shovel arm like The Architect drops out into the city, fully operational and begins attacking. The Architect laughs. Trace & Andrew quickly regroup.

Tamara is typing frantically again.

REECE
What the heck is that?

TAMARA
The spikes from before... why didn't I see it? Wha- wait a minute... what is-

TRACE (OS)
Ok, can I destroy that?

TAMARA
Uh... yeah, deploying Kulgor and VV-02 now. Andrew, you think you can handle this thing alone for a while?

ANDREW (OS)
How long?

TAMARA
Give me ten minutes tops.

REECE
What are you talking about? What's going on, here?

TAMARA
What's going on is I think I've found her.

INT. VSHQ, HANGAR- DAY

Kulgor rushes up to the ramp to the VV-02 but, remembering what happened last time, pauses and walks in slowly.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

As the giant version of The Architect destroys the city, taking care not to destroy certain skyscrapers, he's hit with a blast. He looks over to see what appears to be a giant blue & silver garbage truck driving right at him, firing lasers and missiles.

INT. VV-02 COCKPIT- DAY

Trace's chair slides into place and he activates normal pilot.

TRACE
Finally! Ok, uh... let's try out Ani Mode for a while.

KULGOR
Alright!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The VV-02 folds out into a gorilla and rolls forward. It begins firing weapons and rushing around the city, attempting to confuse it's prey.

Andrew tries valiantly to fight The Architect, but is getting his ass kicked.

Tamara finally cracks a smile.

TAMARA
I did it! We've got her!

Reece claps her on the back as others cheer.

EXT. ISLAND DIMENSION- DAY

Ashlyn sits back against a single palm tree, looking tired and a bit dehydrated. She looks up, shading her eyes, as a light appears nearby.

ASHLYN
Could that be...

Ashlyn gathers her things and runs for it.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

A white portal opens up several stories in the air and Ashlyn drops out, screaming.

ASHLYN
Vuh-Vortex Shield, Pass On!

She morphs into the Yellow Ranger and lands safely. Tamara comes on her com.

TAMARA (OS)
Ashlyn, are you ok?

ASHLYN
Yeah, I think so.

TAMARA (OS)
Good. Andrew needs your help and we have a plan. Sending you his coordinates now!

Her visor lights up and she nods.

ASHLYN
Right!

Ashlyn charges off to battle.

EXT, SLATE CREEK PARK- DAY

Andrew is breathing heavily, with a bit of a pained whine to it and holds his chest, containing a large black energy burn as he half lays on the ground.

TAMARA (OS)
Andrew, now!

He pulls himself together and lifts his Vortex Fire to his laughing opponent.

THE ARCHITECT
What are you going to do to me, eh? That little toy is of no use, Ranger!

ANDREW
That's what you think.

He prepares himself to fire.

THE ARCHITECT
Go ahead! Do it! I dare you!

They stare each other down for a few seconds finally, Andrew makes his decision.

ANDREW
Fire!

ASHLYN
Fire!

The Architect turns in surprise to get a face-first blast from Yellow, as well as taking the original blast from Red. He's knocked back, but raises himself back to his feet. Andrew & Ashlyn regroup as they watch. The Architect appears to be fine at first, but suddenly drops to his knees as sparks zap off his body. With a yell, he collapses and explodes. His soul rises out & goes into the Omega Soulless version, powering it up. Chidra regroups with them.

CHIDRA
What happened, I heard yelling? Why'd you make me check out that tunnel, anyway?

TAMARA (OS)
Ok, Rangers, listen carefully! We now have all three Vortex Vehicles operational which means one thing- you can now combine them into the ultimate Ranger weapon- the Megazord. Call in the Hare Chopper and Cheetah Chaser and we'll handle the rest from there.

ANDREW
We can put them together?

CHIDRA
Oh... yeah, did I- did I fail to mention that?

ASHLYN
Yeah, a bit.

ANDREW
Well, let's do it.

ASHLYN
Right!

They hold up their morphers & turn the dial.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

Trace & his Vortex Vehicle are taking hits. He tries to keep it moving, but every time he fires on The Architect, it deflects his blasts back. He stops once to fire & The Architect slams his shovel arm on the ground, causing a massive crack to form which nearly swallows the VV-02- that is, until a giant cable it lowered down to it. Ashlyn has arrived in the Hare Chopper.

INT. HARE CHOPPER COCKPIT- DAY

TRACE (OS)
Ashlyn! You're ok!

Inside the helmet, Ashlyn smiles a bit.

ASHLYN
Yeah. I guess I am.

ANDREW (OS)
Ok, guys, I'm in position. We ready?

Ashlyn nods, accepting a download on her helmet visor.

INT. APE CRUSHER COCKPIT- DAY

Trace also nods as a download goes across his helmet visor.

INT. CHEETAH CHASER COCKPIT- DAY

Andrew nods, squeezing his hand into a fist in anticipation.

ANDREW
Then let's do this!

ALL THREE
Vortex Wraith Megazord, activate!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

THE ARCHITECT
What are you three doing? Tell me now!

VV-01 goes into Warrior mode. It tosses it's sword up into the air, the Cheetah head pops off the chest & the arms fold up into the shoulders. VV-02 returns to vehicle mode & the back part pops off, separating into two pieces. The VV-01 runs up and jumps into them, creating the new Megazord's legs. The rest of VV-02 rises up and combines onto the chest. The VV-03 swings around and breaks into three parts, becoming the arms & a mask over the face. The two thrusters from VV-03 go spiraling up into the air and latch onto the sides of the sword. The new weapon flies back to the Megazord, which snatches it in it's right hand.

INT. VWMEGA COCKPIT- DAY

The three chairs rise into the new single cockpit and the three Rangers look around in wonder.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

Scared citizens stop a good distance away, watching the new Megazord in wonder & excitement. The Architect fires upon it. It holds up the left arm and two blades detract, snapping together quickly, which causes a force field type shield to appear between them, blocking the blasts. In a rage, The Architect rushes them.

INT. VWMEGA COCKPIT- DAY

TAMARA (OS)
Ok, things are going great, Rangers, now power up the Wraith Saber to maximum.

ANDREW
Wait a minute, last time I did that I-

REECE (OS)
That's an order! Trust me, we know what we're doing!

The Rangers exchange glances & tap out on a keyboard.

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

The sword powers up with energy. The Architect swings at them with the shovel arm, but they block with the shield arm & run him through. The Architect gasps in pain and surprise.

THE ARCHITECT
\ How... how could you-

TAMARA
Ok, Rangers, Reverse thrusters! Now!

EXT. SLATE CREEK- DAY

RANGERS (OS)
Reversing thrusters!

The thrusters on the sword power up, shooting the Megazord away from the monster as it falls & explodes. Everyone watching cheers.

Everyone cheers. Tamara & Reece, however, share a grim glance.

INT.VWMEGA COCKPIT- DAY

The Rangers cheer as well.
EXT. SLATE CREEK COLLEGE CAMPUS- DAY

The three climb out of a car & Andrew pauses to see his friends off.

ANDREW
Well, I guess this is me. Hey, Ashlyn... what exactly happened? Where'd you go?

ASHLYN
I don't know where I was- some sort of island I couldn't get off of. But, I knew you guys would come through.

Andrew smirks, shaking his head.

ANDREW
What made you so confident?

ASHLYN
You two. We're friends, right? Friends don't give up on each other... plus, I'm psychic, remember?

Andrew & Trace were almost caught up in the emotion, but laugh along with her joke anyways. Trace & Ashlyn begin walking up to campus & Andrew tries to get back in his car when another pulls up & Ryker jumps out.

RYKER
Ok, seriously, where were you guys? You've been gone all day- not a single word- and now you suddenly show up... Jesus, what happened to you? Where'd you get all those injuries, you look like you've been through a...

A look begins dawning on his face. The three exchange worried looks. Suddenly, Teryn's car pulls up. Everyone looks as a giddy Teryn & Everett pop out. They look happy.

TERYN
Oh! There you guys are! Well... I know Ashlyn is familiar, but you other guys- Everett, this is Andrew, Tracey and... (hurriedly) Ryker. Guys, this is Everett Gordon- (squees) he's my hubby!

Trace looks skeptical.

TRACE
Wait... really?

TERYN
Hey, you had your chance.

TRACE
Really?

EVERRETT
Yes, really! How could you ever pass up such a delightful young woman?

TERYN
Awww!

The two snuggle in an overly cutesy manner. Trace shoots Andrew a confused look. Andrew shrugs.

Reece closes the door, leaving just himself & Tamara in the room.

REECE
Ok, we're alone. What is it.

TAMARA
At first, I thought the thing with the skyscrapers was a fluke, but that monster got something to click for me. They've managed to turn nearly every building over ten stories in the entire city into a super conducting charger and a mass teleportation system. They can be anywhere, any time... they can massively upgrade their technology and make their spirits super powerful... and...

REECE
And what?

Enter walks across the room to the center of the floor where stands a security pad against the chamber holding the tower core. He types in a code & an invisible door opens.

TAMARA (VO)
-And the energetic interference could make it practically impossible to ever find out where Damarion and Terry are hiding. And trust me... I know Terry. He can do a lot better than this.

Enter steps out onto a platform as the camera pans down, revealing a seemingly bottomless pit filled with red energy & a throbbing central tower.

ENTER
My Lord Damarion, as I promised... it is finished.

DAMARION
Finally!

FADE TO BLACK...

Well, since it's been a while since my last post, I thought I'd throw up an update.

I finally got a job, however it's eating up a lot of my time & severely messing up my sleep chedule, causing it to become somewhat manic in nature. Not sure if that's good or not, but, at the least, I'm getting paid. A lot of my free time has been devoted to my novel, however I did start the next episode of PRVS today. I'm also up to the climax for PRES Redeux, episode 1, but it can be better. There won't be a whole lot of changes from the first two episodes, but I'd like to straighten out the plot & work out the characters so the only likable ones aren't just Tobias & Dusk. Well, that and well written. The only thing I'd really like to do with the first two episodes & reset some plot points & character arcs.

I've also begun the next episode of D-Gen, but I've kind of gotten lost...

Either way, I do hope that anyone who's enjoying it is enjoying it. See you all later.:thumbs:

Ok, I just finished the next episode of this. If it ever stops raining here, I'd like to go somewhere and get this thing thrown up, but, all things considered, it may take a while yet.

As for Eternal Sect, I still haven't gotten around to actually doing episode 2. It really doesn't help that I never actually managed to find a single one of those characters, except, maybe, for Tobias, throughout the entire previous run.

D-Gen... I have plenty of plot ideas, but I'm not entirely sure what I really want to do with it yet. That being said, it may take a while before I actually post a third episode. Sorry to those who were enjoying it, but we've got to get it done right, right?

Last edited:
Ok, here it is, finally. I think you guys are going to like this one.

Power Rangers Vortex Shield, Episode 6, Post 1/3
-Episodes split into multiple posts to ease stress on servers.

POWER RANGERS VORTEX SHIELD
EPISODE 6: RIPPED TO SHREDS

EXT. MANSION PATIO- DAY

JESUS ARTURO
So, how are things going at school?

Teryn, looking highly stressed out, is sitting next to Everett and across from her parents, a suit clad Jesus Arturo & a sun dress clad Marietta Arturo. Marietta sips tea while her father talks to his daughter, however it sounds almost more like an interrogation than a conversation.

TERYN
Just fine, dad.

MARIETTA
You're still into that witchcraft stuff! It's not very befitting for a lady.

TERYN
It's Wiccan, mom, it's not witchcraft.

Everett squeezes her hand under the table reassuringly. He looks stressed as well, but is keeping his cool.

EVERETT
Oh, don't worry, I'm keeping her out of trouble.

Both parents eye him cautiously.

MARIETTA
Well, I hope you aren't the cause of this-

EVERETT
That would be a no. I was raised straight Christian.

MARIETTA
Well, then where is she getting-

JESUS
That's enough, everyone. Now... is there anything else that we don't know about?

TERYN
Like what?

JESUS
Well, what happened to this... Tracey boy you were talking about?

TERYN
Dad!

MARIETTA
I don't understand you- first you like a white boy, now you're with a black one- why can't you just be with a nice respectable Hispanic-

TERYN
Mom!

MARIETTA (CON'T)
I'm just saying!

TERYN
Well, you've said enough! Both of you!

She gets up and storms off into the garden. Both parents just stare at Everett expectantly, making him uncomfortable.

EVERETT
I'll, uh... I'll just be catching her up.

He jumps to his feet and quickly follows her.
In the garden, Everett catches Teryn sitting on a bench alone, furiously picking the petals off of a rose from a bush nearby.

EVERETT
Ok, yeah, now I see what you were talking about.

TERYN
You're the one who wanted to meet my parents.

EVERETT
Well, if it's any consolation, I think this visit is punishment enough.

Teryn smiles.

TERYN
You understand? About Trace, right?

EVERETT
Of course! It was a crush! I've had them before. There was this girl in high school- absolutely gorgeous, didn't pay me the light of day. But, you know what my mama said about that?

She finds it a bit funny, tossing the stem at him while giggling.

TERYN
Your mama? No, what did your mama say?

Everett ducks the stem and sits down next to her.

EVERETT
Save your time and energy for the one who sees you back.

TERYN
Cause ain't nobody got time for that?

EVERETT
Now, she didn't say that!

They laugh and play fight for a moment.

TERYN
Thanks, though. I don't think I can face these two alone. They just make me feel... confused.

EVERETT
That's alright.

He claps a hand on her shoulder. Suddenly, her phone rings, taking them both by surprise and completely ruining the moment.

TERYN
Hold on a minute.

Teryn pulls out her phone and walks off a bit to answer it.

TERYN
Hello?

RYKER (OS)
Teryn! There you are, dang it- you blew me off again!

TERYN
(sighs angrily)
Ryker! Seriously! I'm visiting my freaking parents leave me alone!

RYKER (OS)
But, seriously though! I finally figured it out! I know-

TERYN
Ok, look! Call me again, and I will have you arrested!

She goes to hang up, but quickly jerks the phone back to her ear.

TERYN
For harassment!

She hangs up.

MARIETTA
Teryn?

JESUS
Honey, where are you?

She closes her eyes slowly and sighs, trying not to snap.

INT. VSHQ, BEDROOM- DAY

Ashlyn is talking to Cassidy.

CASSIDY
I'm glad you found such good friends. You used to not have anyone around.

ASHLYN
Well... I was five. I didn't know what I could do was weird or... creepy to others.

CASSIDY
No one believed you when you said what you could do.

ASHLYN
Well, at least I had you. And grandma.

CASSIDY
You were my little sis. I couldn't leave you in the dust.

ASHLYN
Yeah...

CASSIDY
And, I stayed. Even after the accident, I watched over you.

Ashlyn nods slowly. She looks out the door into a larger room and sees Andrew and Trace fooling around and having a good time.

ASHLYN
That you did.

CASSIDY
Soooo? Do you like him?

ASHLYN
Who?

CASSIDY
Traaace?

ASHLYN
I don't know, I-

CASSIDY
Well, don't be shy! Talk to him!

ASHLYN
Well- I... um... can we talk about this later?

CASSIDY
Sure. Besides, I want to see what those two are up to.

ASHLYN
Andrew and Trace?

CASSIDY
Chidra and Kulgor. I don't trust them.

Ashlyn looks on at her friends. They notice her and start yelling for her to come out with them. She flashes a weak smile.

CASSIDY
What do you see?

ASHLYN
I don't know yet... but I don't like it.

She focuses on Andrew.

INT. VSHQ, HANGAR- DAY

Chidra walks up to Kulgor, who is sitting by one of the Vortex Vehicles.

CHIDRA
Hey, what're you up to?

KULGOR
Just sitting around. Nobody wants my help with anything- especially the new zord.

CHIDRA
What? The Swamp Turbo thing? Puh... we don't get any respect around here. It's not like the old days.

KULGOR
But... Damarion never showed us any respect either.

CHIDRA
Maybe not him, but everyone else! I mean, really. Think about it.

KULGOR
Yeah, but... at least they treat us nice.

CHIDRA
Well, good luck, buddy. Cause it ain't going to last long.

Cassidy bounces into the room and heads for them.

CHIDRA
Oh, uh... act normal.

KULGOR
Normal?

CASSIDY
Hey, guys! Whatcha doing?

KULGOR
Sitting! Want to join us?
\
CHIDRA
(To Kulgor)
Why would you?
(To Cassidy)
Just- go away! Brat.

She snorts a "humph" and heads off, leaving the two alone.

INT. DAMARION'S TOWER- DAY

Enter and several Soulless toil away at a console at the bottom of the red energetic tower.

ENTER
Almost there... aaaand... Oui! There it is!

A golden energy rotating into the tower and begins being tainted with the red. It soon turns fully red and morphs into a giant red skull.

DAMARION
Yes! I... feel... magnificent!

ENTER
(smiles)
I thought you would.

Enter walks down a walkway to the center of the tower and bows down before the red skull.

ENTER
I assume your "energy drain" is feeling much... lesser so?

DAMARION
I haven't felt this good in months! But it won't last forever! You know all I know! You know the Guardian gets stronger and weaker with me! We don't have long until he drains me and we are equal once more!

ENTER
I agree, we must act quickly. But, we have the Rangers to contend with as well. And, I've been thinking-

DAMARION
Do not speak of them to me!

Enter grunts irritably.

ENTER
All the same, they must be dealt with. However, we've sent three against them- all three have failed. Do you know why?

DAMARION
Enlighten me.

ENTER
With pleasure. Anyways, The Viking was a powerful warrior, however he was unused to modern technology. He didn't know what he was up against and was quickly dealt with. The Doctor, admittedly, was only used to picking on the weak and defenseless. When faced with real fighters, he didn't know what to do with himself. He only lasted as long as he did with my help-

DAMARION
OUR help!

ENTER
...But of course. And, finally, the Architect, was not a warrior, but lived as an Architect and a cult leader. He swayed many souls to you in his life, but he was no fighter.

DAMARION
So, what do you propose?

ENTER
I propose that, this time... we get ourselves a real killer.

Damarion chuckles to himself.

DAMARION
Be careful. He is dangerous... to the living.

ENTER
Don't worry about me... worry about yourself.

INT. SLATE CREEK CAMPUS, ASHLYN & TERYN'S DORM- DAY

Ashlyn is sitting back on her bed, listening to some music when Teryn bursts in, apparently aggravated. Ashlyn sits up, ripping her ear buds out.

ASHLYN
What happened? You were at your parents', right?

TERYN
Yup! Everett just had to meet them, and thus the criticism begins. I finally find a nice guy and, then, this!

As Teryn flops down on her bed, Ashlyn's morpher goes off. Ashlyn covers it with her sleeve and turns back to Teryn.

ASHLYN
Well? Talk about it. I want to hear everything.

TERYN
It's just... they don't get me, you know?

Ashlyn's morpher beeps. Ashlyn clears her throat.

ASHLYN
Yup.

TERYN
All they do is criticize anything and everything I do! No matter if I'm deciding to go to Cosmetology school, or make a milkshake!

ASHLYN
They actually criticized you for making a milkshake?

Her morpher goes off again.

TERYN
Yeah! Well, actually, dad just told me to let the butler handle it, but, same basic idea.

ASHLYN
Oh, definitely.

Her morpher goes off.

TERYN
You know... sometimes they just make me feel like...

Ashlyn's morpher goes off.

TERYN (CON'T)
Ok, are you going to answer that?

ASHLYN
Well, I figured you needed to talk to someone, so-

TERYN
I don't know who that is, but if that noise doesn't stop, I'm going to beat their face in, so, please, answer it!

ASHLYN
On it.

She gets up and heads out to the hall.

TERYN
And if it's Ryker, please stab him for me? Repeatedly!

ASHLYN
You know we all want to!

She exits and answers the morpher.

ASHLYN
Go for Ashlyn.

TAMARA (OS)
Where were you? We've got another Spirit on our hands.

ASHLYN
Another one? Already?

REECE (OS)
We'll send you the coordinates, just be there!

ASHLYN
Right.

She hangs up, jumps back into the room for a split second to grab her jacket and waves to Teryn.

TERYN
What's going on? Is everything ok?

ASHLYN
Yeah, everything's fine! I just need to go do-

An explosion echoes from the city outside, making them both flinch.

ASHLYN (CON''T)
-Something.

She rushes out, leaving Teryn behind.

TERYN
Hey, wait for me!

Teryn rushes out into the hall, but Ashlyn is already gone. She looks around shrewdly.

TERYN
Well, alrighty then. Leave me here! See what I care!

Another explosion sends her running down the hall with a gasp/ scream. As she rounds a corner, she nearly runs down both Everett & Ryker. Everett grabs her by the shoulders.

EVERETT
Teryn! You ok?

TERYN
As good as I can be!

RYKER
Hold on, though, did I miss her?

Teryn & Everett turn their confused attention on Ryker.

TERYN & EVERETT
What?

RYKER
Did I miss her? Is Ashlyn gone already?

TERYN
What are you blabbing about?

RYKER
I know exactly what they're doing! They're Ranger chasing! They're out there trying to figure out the identities of the Power Rangers and keeping me out of the loop. God, if it wasn't for me, that stupid internet show would've been done for long ago! What're they thinking...

Ryker trails off, getting absorbed in himself.

TERYN
Great! Good for you!

EVERETT
Well, wait a minute, though. That's kind of dangerous. Aren't those guys your friends?

Teryn seems to be struggling between confusion on how to answer and guilt.

TERYN
Yeah, sort of... Maybe we should-

EVERETT
I think so! Before those three get themselves killed!

The two run off, leaving Ryker behind, who had been deep in thought. He looks up as the two rush off and races after them.

RYKER
Hey! Wait a minute! I'm coming too!

EXT. SLATE CREEK, WALKWAY- DAY

Andrew skids to a halt on the Cheetah Racer, as well as Trace & Ashlyn in their SUV, before a line of concrete pole barriers. A walkway part way over a forested river extends beyond it, a few rest tables set up at a circular area at the end. Enter sits hunched over at one. The three climb out and rush forward. Chidra folds back into his humanoid form and follows them.

ENTER
Ah! Ce Va, Rangers. Especially to you, Rouge.

Andrew points at him as they rush up.

ANDREW
Cut the crap, Enter! Where's the Spirit? What are you doing out here?

ENTER
Spirit?

Suddenly, the whole structure shakes violently. The Rangers skid to a halt, trying to keep on balance. Enter looks back to them, a wicked smile on his face.

ENTER
Oh, that's right.

He stands, teleporting away with a flash of purple light and sparks. The whole structure bucks, then begins falling for the river, throwing the three Rangers and Chidra out into space.

THREE RANGERS
Vortex Shield, Pass On!

The three morph into the Red, Blue & Yellow Rangers, landing safely enough in the shallows. Andrew turns to look back up the cliff and the others follow suit. The broken walkway hangs on the edge, swaying for a moment. Suddenly, Ashlyn stiffens, then grabs Andrew & Trace, puling them back.

ASHLYN
Guys, look out!

Everyone runs for it as the walkway falls, crashing down in the river behind them with a resounding crash. As they make it to the safety of the opposite bank, three discs of energy fly out at them, exploding all around them. They look up to see a bulky robot with a giant circular saw arm, chucking quietly to itself.

CHIDRA
Well, uh... there's your Spirit.

ANDREW
Yeah, I got that.