Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 14 - "Team Spirit"

I liked last weeks episode, even with some of the issues, but this was back to being really fast paced and jumpy. Though some praise goes to David Jr., who actually made me care about his character more than I did. He pulls out one of his best performances in the series, and it makes for a really great scene.

What I really like is that because Mike isn't exactly like Chiaki, I read the scene differently. When Chiaki planned to sacrifice himself, it was built up that he felt like he didn't fit in, where Kotoha would be more help to the team than he would be. He did care for Kotoha, but my reading of the episode was more focused on his fight with Jii and Takeru. Here, Mike is obviously holding back feelings for Emily, and it's clear that he'll do anything to save her life, even if it means becoming a Nighlock. With some of Antonio's lines as well, we might have a love triangle on our hands. But both handled their parts well, and I really want to see more from this subplot.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top