[Video Game] PAX '13....The Aftermath

Judge Faiz

I am the law
This is the first year PAX is 4 days (Friday through Monday) and also the first year that I'm only attending 2 days (Saturday & Sunday).

As always PAX is a sensory overload jam packed with people that spend hours upon hours in a line to play 10mins of a game.

The two big games were ElderScrolls Online & Titan Fall. I did not get to play either as both lines were capped pretty damn quickly, although I do believe our own VengeanceGOD & his lovely wife were able to play Titan Fall.

I did play Wonderful 101...well at least the multiplayer part of it. The game is...well interesting. There is a sharp learning curve and with so much going on the screen at the same time, I didn't quite get the hang of it in the 10mins I played of the demo. I heard from many people that the single player is MUCH better to get the hang of!

My overall thought on this year's PAX was it was just okay. Nothing really wowed me, or was being demo'd that wouldn't be in a few months time.

I'm sure VengeanceGod will have more to say & may even have a video or two. I on the other hand am going to go pass out and sleep through Monday.
 
For something that was supposed to be big, I heard absolutely nothing out of it.

What were the new game announcements? What was there that was not just another been there seen that type of game? I know you mentioned Elder Scrolls Online and Titanfall, but they have been done before as one is just another Elder Scrolls game with online play and the other is just another Battlefield/Kids of Duty but with mecha.
 
For game announcements, I can't say. I've never been to a panel at PAX (just no time to fit it in w/ standing in so many lines), but it seemed like (from just walking around) that companies were either focusing on games that were coming out in a couple of months, or what was coming out in a few months for the new consoles. I heard Sony had very long lines for titles being shown on the PS4 & every one of Microsoft's Xbox One lines was capped early in the morning, except for Forza.

But yeah, I really didn't hear anything as far as any major announcements.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top