PARASYTE: THE GREY Coming To Netflix

The world of Hitoshi Iwaaki’s popular sci-fi/horror manga Parasyte is returning to the screen, care of Korean director Yeon Sang-ho (Train to Busan, Psychokenesis)! Parasyte: The Grey has been announced to be in production exclusively for Netflix. Set in a world where human-eating alien parasites arrive on Earth and begin taking over their host’s brains, this new live action series takes place in Korea, with a brand new storyline and characters.
Jeon So-nee (Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage, Ghost Walk) leads the cast as Jeon Su-in, a parasite host. Much like Shinichi Izumi, from the original Parasyte manga, when the parasite fails to take over her brain, the two must learn to manage their new, strange co-existence.
Joining her on the cast is Koo Kyo-hwan and Lee Jung-hyun, both whom have worked with the director previously. Koo Kyo-hwan plays Seol Kang-woo, whom tracks down parasites in an effort to find his missing sister, and Lee Jung-hyun plays Choi Jun-Kyung, the leader of a...

Continue reading...

She took the kids Ryu
Because this is a Korean adaptation, people might confuse this to the Oscar winning movie "Parasite"

I mistakenly believed that this was a remake of the anime and Japanese film when, in fact, it is an expansion of the universe. I adore anime. Although I am relieved that it won't be a live-action remake, it seems more likely that the program will take place in the same anime universe but this time with a South Korean focus. As the director has demonstrated, Koreans are skilled in the horror and thriller genres, so this sounds quite fascinating. The Japanese version and this one are so in the same universe.

Red Light Green Light
From the director of Train to Busan? I am sold! Shut up and take my virginity! Every live-action adaptation of a manga that Netflix has produced is excellent. Consequently, I am beyond ecstatic, and I simply cannot wait for this to be streamed online. I will binge it until my eyeballs are dry.

Money Heister
The anime was enjoyable enough. Manga remained the superior medium. I was under the impression that there was already a live-action film but I am open minded because it is a shared universe original instead of remake.