One of Choujin Sentai Jetman's most controversial points. [MAJOR SPOILER]

Filadelfo

New Member
*I WARN AGAIN, THIS THREAD CONTAINS A MAJOR JETMAN SPOILER.


I just finished watching the entire series thanks to Momotaros.
I already knew this from the beginning but having watched the character as a whole, I wonder:

Why did Yuuki Gai, after the long battle, after difficult time, after having finally found peace, have to die like that?

I do have my thoughts on the issue but I'd like to hear some other opinions first.

EDIT: Ryoutarou-kun! Why didn't you tell me I wrote "beginning" in such a wrong and stupid looking way?!
 
Last edited:
I think the death would have worked better if it wasn't so random. I've really come to dislike most of that epilogue.
 
Why did Yuuki Gai, after the long battle, after difficult time, after having finally found peace, have to die like that?

1) They wanted to be like Gatchaman, only less meaningful.
2) Toshiki Inoue was honing the kind of crapping writing he went on to do with Faiz.

Along with Kou/Kibaranger, sports weapons, the casting of Shun Shioya (and/or Ryuji Sainei), and the Tsuruhime hamburger, Gai's death is one of the most boneheaded moves in sentai history. It's the most boneheaded move.

But then I've actually begun to think he didn't die -- he just passed out on that bench from a little bit of bloodloss. It wasn't that critical of a wound -- the guests found him a couple minutes later and he just put some Bactine on it. Yeah...
 
His death sucked BUT the fact that it came outta nowhere and shocked the living **** outta me was so wicked. Plus seeing an actual "Power Rangurr" being stabbed and killed was pretty damn cool. But that's just me and my own twisted mind.
 
1) They wanted to be like Gatchaman, only less meaningful.
2) Toshiki Inoue was honing the kind of crapping writing he went on to do with Faiz.

I have to agree with the second one. That was just the sign of things to come sadly.

At least the manga in B-Club sorta made up for it. :disappoin
 
I didn't like it.

I feel it was a totally needless blot on an otherwise good series. It seemed very tacked on like the writers were afraid the ending might be considered too happy or they thought they could be just oh-so cool and dark by offing someone after the world had been saved.

..and if Inoue was involved I guess he just had to put the emo in or else he'd explode.

"..too much triumph of the human spirit and heroics...too much fast paced action...people smiling..not enough sad teenagers..gyaahhh" *BOOM*!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top