Oh, for the love of God, I lol'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good god, ANYTHING is better then Naruto. I hate it when people treat Naruto like it's the Holy Grail or something.

People like that give other Naruto fans a bad name.
 
Naruto fanboys: can't live with them, can't stuff them in a sack.

This whole argument became predictable right after he said "Naruto rules". His sense of logic is so bad that any point he was TRYING to make just fell flat instantly.

Besides, an argument between a fanatical anime fan and a casual toku fan is like an argument with a fanatical xbox gamer and a casual PC gamer; I've been there on many an occasion and it's inevitably going to turn into a one-sided flame war. Seriously, if a person isn't capable of respecting your interests, then why the hell do they insist on talking to you in the first place and insulting you for them? Honestly, I can't understand the nerve of some people... :shakefist
 
Who the **** decided that Ninjas wore orange jumpsuits.

Honestly, Ninjas are suppose to wear black, and their suppose to be silent assassins.



Anywho, I think a lot of these kids need reality checks. Go to Japan. Toku is MUCH more apparent than any anime, especially Naruto. Pokemon, I'll admit, has it's following in Japan, along with the various giant robot animes, but Toku for a fact is every-friggin-where.

And of course Anime is going to have more episodes. They're just drawings. They can prolong the story and make people turn into random aliens for all they care.

Ah, and here's the final note I gotta make about Tokusatsu:

It's Tokusatsu. Suitimation. Animatronics. CGI. Mixed with Live action. It's an art form on it's own, and it's not just in Japan. You see the Alien and Predator, hell, Aliens vs Predator movies? Suitimation, animatronics, cgi, live-action. Godzilla? Suitimation, animatronics, cgi, live-action.

I don't know if anyone else finds this ancient art form pleasing to the senses, but I sure as hell do. I ****ing love suitimation.
 
[HIDE]
Anywho, I think a lot of these kids need reality checks. Go to Japan. Toku is MUCH more apparent than any anime, especially Naruto. Pokemon, I'll admit, has it's following in Japan, along with the various giant robot animes, but Toku for a fact is every-friggin-where.

And of course Anime is going to have more episodes. They're just drawings. They can prolong the story and make people turn into random aliens for all they care.

Ah, and here's the final note I gotta make about Tokusatsu:

It's Tokusatsu. Suitimation. Animatronics. CGI. Mixed with Live action. It's an art form on it's own, and it's not just in Japan. You see the Alien and Predator, hell, Aliens vs Predator movies? Suitimation, animatronics, cgi, live-action. Godzilla? Suitimation, animatronics, cgi, live-action.

I don't know if anyone else finds this ancient art form pleasing to the senses, but I sure as hell do. I ****ing love suitimation.
[/HIDE]

America has become MUCH too CGI and computer dependent these days when it comes to filmmaking. Live-action is way cooler to me, because of all the challenges that have to be overcome to pull off different stunts and effects in real life. Show me any tokusatsu, and I see all the work that went into making the costumes and props, as well as all the neat stunts and pyrotechniques involved. It's truly remarkable what one can accomplish using traditional methods, while at the same time producing something that's about as "realistic" and "believable" as you can get.

Show me CGI, and all I see are computer models moving around. It's not that interesting to me, because the action isn't "real". Sure, it's still an art-form of its own and it takes a lot of talent and creativity, but compared to live-action it just doesn't have the same effect.
 
Somebody needs to direct these kids to a real martial arts anime, like Fist of the North Star.

HELL YEAH!!

fistofthenorthstar.gif
 
Tell your friend this: listing only those anime alone kills his creditability. There is much more to anime than Naruto (which is complete and utter crap, one of the worst examples of shounen anime, perhaps anime in general, out there) and Sailor Moon out there, and most do last for only one "season" (accurately speaking, Japan doesn't follow "seasons" at all. They either keep a series running, take short breaks mostly for holidays, or make a "sequel" series that restart the episode count).

No offense, but your friends' line of ignorancy shows me that he's a complete and utter retard (or, to be precise, a Narutard). His opinion can't be taken seriously since all he's seen are mainstream shows that all aired on American TV and he seems to not have watched any toku at all.

One cannot simply put on an orange jumpsuit and a retarded-looking headband to call themselves anime fans. Has your friend heard of Texhnolyze? If not, then all his opinions, in my honest opinion, are lol-able.
 
I wouldn't say that Naruto is that bad. You guys should catch the latter half of the Sasuke Retrival arc. It's good stuff.

Now, people say may say that Fist of the North Star looks old, but the animation is better than most animes out right now. Watch any episodes from the 40's onward, and you'll see my point.

And people, like I said, the only thing worse than Naruto fans are Naruto haters because they don't know how to respect other people's tastes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top