Oh, for the love of God, I lol'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Samurai

Member
Alright, fellow HJU members, how's it going? Anyhow, I just had the weirdest, "argument," I guess I could say, of my life. It was between me, and some guy I had recently met, about Naruto and Kamen Rider.

Ok, well, granted I was a Naruto fan, I can't agree with this guy on his viewpoint. Naturally, I left anime for Kamen Rider, well, certain anime, like Naruto.

So, the argument was about which one was better, Naruto or Kamen Rider obviously. So, here is said argument, but I warn you, you will lol. Oh, and if this topic is in the wrong place, or whatever else may be wrong with it, mods, feel free to do your jobs. :thumbs:

Naruto4Ever85 (5:50:09 PM): Naruto rules
bsamurai0 (5:50:19 PM): lol
Naruto4Ever85 (5:50:41 PM): Where have you been. Ain't seem you online for 3 days
bsamurai0 (5:50:51 PM): Not feeling too well.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:52:46 PM): Watch some naruto. That'll make you feel better.
bsamurai0 (5:52:57 PM): Id rather watch some Kamen Rider.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:53:07 PM): I hate Kamen Rider and tokusatsu.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:53:09 PM): GAY
bsamurai0 (5:53:15 PM): Why is that>
bsamurai0 (5:53:20 PM): *?
Naruto4Ever85 (5:53:29 PM): anime is better than live-action
Naruto4Ever85 (5:53:53 PM): that toku **** is for sissies.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:54:13 PM): Anime is more versatile.
bsamurai0 (5:54:19 PM): How so?
Naruto4Ever85 (5:54:48 PM): There's an anime for just about every person out there. Even old farts in there 50's watch anime.
bsamurai0 (5:55:01 PM): lol
bsamurai0 (5:55:07 PM): Well, all anime is the same essentially.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:55:28 PM): I would stay that about toku crap. Or as my friends call it. POWER RANGERS
bsamurai0 (5:56:07 PM): Oh my god. Its not Power Rangers, it is way better than that. America has ruined good toku, but that is about to change when Dragon Knight starts to air.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:56:36 PM): Anime shows run for more than
Naruto4Ever85 (5:56:40 PM): 1 season
Naruto4Ever85 (5:57:08 PM): They can make hundreds of episodes
Naruto4Ever85 (5:58:02 PM): And since the characters don't exist no one has to worry about things like contracts expriring and other business crap
bsamurai0 (5:58:47 PM): How many anime actually run for more than one season?
Naruto4Ever85 (5:58:54 PM): tons
bsamurai0 (5:59:06 PM): Name some, other than Bleach, Naruto, and Dragonball.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:59:12 PM): pokemon
bsamurai0 (5:59:21 PM): And pokemon.
Naruto4Ever85 (5:59:30 PM): sailor moon had 5 seasons
bsamurai0 (5:59:41 PM): Ok, Ill give you that one.
Naruto4Ever85 (6:00:49 PM): Pokemon really amazes me that its still popular to this day. Fans have not growed tried of it and its still big with the kids.
bsamurai0 (6:01:36 PM): Yea.
Naruto4Ever85 (6:07:03 PM): naruto has alot more going for it than a show like kamen rider.
bsamurai0 (6:07:18 PM): Like what?
Naruto4Ever85 (6:09:07 PM): look at the stats. Its begin airing all over the world. Fans from every part of the globe. Its about ninjas and ninjas are awesome. And the characters are young teens striving to be the best ninjas possible.
Naruto4Ever85 (6:13:04 PM): The show does also have some cute anime girls
bsamurai0 (6:15:01 PM): What do you think HJU is for? Its for people from all over the globe that enjoy Kamen Rider, and other toku programs. Granted its not airing all over the globe, its got a pretty hefty fan base. I cant even consider Naruto a ninja anime. When did ninjas begin wearing orange? When did ninjas have feelings? Ninjas are warriors that are assasins, they kill first, and dont even ask questions about the kill. Plus, how can you relate to the characters. One guys has a demon fox spirit growing inside of him. Who has that nowadays? Plus Gaara, oh my god, I hate Gaara. He is the epitomy of emo these days. Kamen Rider has characters you can relate too. They are real people who get put into life and death situations. They are just ordinary people, while Naruto has people that live in fake situations.
Naruto4Ever85 (6:15:59 PM): Gimme a break
Naruto4Ever85 (6:16:33 PM): Its a cartoon it doesn't have to be realistic.
Naruto4Ever85 (6:16:52 PM): Real ninjas are boring anyway
bsamurai0 (6:18:14 PM): So youre telling me, you would watch a ninja wearing orange, talk about his feelings and his past, for about 13 episodes of a series, and then we get a fight that lasts for about 15 minutes, and then more filler episodes.
Naruto4Ever85 (6:18:58 PM): yes
bsamurai0 (6:19:39 PM): How old are you?
bsamurai0 (6:20:11 PM): And you think orange jumpsuit wearing ninjas are cool?
Naruto4Ever85 (6:20:53 PM): Only one of them is. The rest are copycats.

So, I'm sure alot of you guys have something to say about this, so, let's discuss.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Naruto4Ever85 (6:16:52 PM): Real ninjas are boring anyway

Ryu Hayabusa disagrees with your friend.

And I can't say I agree with that "America has ruined toku" line. Sure, Bruce Kalish and Disney have hindered PR, but MMPR was (and still is) the ****. Despite it's origins, VR Troopers was a good show for it's time. Same with Beetleborgs.
 
Naruto4Ever85 (5:50:09 PM): Naruto rules

Stopped reading there >_> No argument.

Bruce Kalish and Disney have hindered PR, but MMPR was (and still is) the ****.
Eh, one or two of the Disney series were actually pretty good, and Saban/ MMPR is overrated (by PR standards).
 
Keep in mind I said "Bruce Kalish". He wasn't the EP of Ninjastorm and Dino Thunder.

Oh and one more thing, Confucious says:

The one thing that's worse than Naruto fans are Naruto haters.

And I outta strangle you for dissin mah MMPR.:shakefist
 
I have this arguement everyday with mikeB. but then again he also changes his mind more then an ADHD kid.
 
As much as I like anime, I absolutely cannot stand any of the so-called "fans" that only watch what's currently being aired on Cartoon Network and think that they're hot stuff.

Also, this guy lost any and all credibility when he typed his first line. Does he greet every human being by saying "Naruto rules"?
 
Your argument B Samurai is very true. Although Naruto is pretty cool looking AND very popular, its obviously unrealistic. Well the creator had it in mind of Naruto being in his image when he was a kid and some other characters related to other people, but it kinda stops there.

Since tokusatsu is LIVE-action, you get a better sense with the characters since they are real people. Characters like Ryoutarou from Den-O most people can relate to. Of course we can't relate to all characters in toku. Some of them have characteristics that WAY different from us or from people we usually meet.

NOW anime is a whole different story. Most characters have these personalities which make them perfect, if thats the right term to use.

Naruto4Ever85 (5:53:53 PM): that toku **** is for sissies.

Okay I have to disagree with that ENTIRELY. I'm not the expert on toku, but I can at least give good reasoning. Hasn't toku shown just as violent material as anime has, if not even more violent than anime does since its with actual people? The beginnings of toku had a lot of material that wouldn't be shown probably today. This is just my understanding.

Naruto4Ever85 (6:13:04 PM): The show does also have some cute anime girls

:rolleyes2: I'm not going to say anything about that.

Naruto4Ever85 (6:07:03 PM): naruto has alot more going for it than a show like kamen rider.

Alright it has some points which make it good, but I found A LOT now in Naruto which disappoint me and had disappointed fans. From what I can gather from other Naruto fans and from what I see, it looks like the manga is dropping down a lot of things. Naruto finally being acknowledged as the son of the Fourth, Jiraiya dead (He really is dead right?), Itachi dead, Orochimaru dead. The anime later has to get to these points right? Obviously Itachi and Orochimaru had to die sometime, Jiraiya was a shocker for me.

Kamen Rider for me DOES have it going. After Saban failed at Masked Rider (Which is a title that I've seen most members here shiver at :sweat:) and Ishinomori who was clearly upset at the transformation of RX, USA gets Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. Naruto came WAAAY before that and from what I've seen isn't it still on Chunnin Exams in the US? I haven't watched at all the USA version of Naruto. KRDK is something I look very forward to more than any other anime there was.

I made all these points but the argument really failed right when he said "Naruto rules". Don't take offense in some way but you shouldn't of answered back.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top